“Great Last Minute Find”
Review of The Orlando Hotel

The Orlando Hotel
Ranked #37 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed March 29, 2010

Another hotel recommended we try the Orlando for rooms since they were sold out -- we arrived around midnight after flying in from the East Coast to escape the snow. The lobby was nicely decorated with a Mac computer for guest use and an adjoining TV/lounge room. Staff was very helpful while en route to the hotel as we tried to find a place for the weekend and were pleasant during our entire stay.

You can tell from the room that this is an older property that has been updated with the boutique look - it smelled a little funky, the bathrooms are not the greatest, and we had lukewarm/tepid water during our entire stay (they gave us some breakfast coupons to compensate.) This is definitely not a 4-star hotel, more like a 3-star. However, we spent two great nights here - it was so quiet and the bed exceptionally comfortable - and Third offers a number of places to eat and shop you can easily walk to. And the internet worked great in the room. I would not recommend the breakfast, it was a bizarre buffet and made to order hot items.

We were lucky to get a hotel in this area as a walkin on Valentine's weekend - our rate of $200 was competitive but I read that lower prices may be available when booking in advance through hotel /travel web sites. I would recommend this hotel and would probably stay here again on a return trip.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tachiebluebird
tohnia, Managing Director at The Orlando Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2010

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know about your stay.
I am delighted you enjoyed our West 3rd Street neighborhood with the many restaurants, designer studios and eclectic collection of boutiques.
Since receiving your feedback we have adjusted the water temperature and have had no additional challenges with hot water.
We are in the process of updating all the bathrooms throughout the hotel and should be completed by the end of the year.
We strive everyday to provide an excellent experience for our guests and
I am looking forward to welcoming you back again. Please do not hesitate to contact me to assist with your reservation.
Warm regards,
Tohnia

There are newer reviews for The Orlando Hotel

Reviewed March 11, 2010

We loved everything about this hotel. Clean, good location, safe, and very pleasant atmosphere. I truly felt very comfortable. I plan on staying here again and will reccomend my friends to stay here also. A nice hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank BassEngineering
tohnia, managing director at The Orlando Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2010

Thank you so much for the kind words. We very much look forward to seeing you again and appreciate the fact that you will tell your friends about us. Until next time,

tohnia miller

Reviewed February 22, 2010

Best boutique hotel ever!!! The breakfast was included and it was amazing. They also gave us taxi vouchers for every night we stayed there, so the parking was virtually free. The staff was wonderful and the room was picture perfect!!! Talk about a beautiful, clean, comfortable bed! My kids and I loved this hotel!! I would give it more stars if I could! After I returned I received a letter from them thanking me for my stay...hand signed! First class all the way! Well worth the money. The location was also great, walking distance to shopping and restaurants.

Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank ShawnaT1

Nothing makes us happier than to know you and your family loved the hotel. You made our day. Thank you,

tohnia miller

Reviewed December 6, 2009

A fantastic stay at a great hotel.The staff is friendly and very helpful. I was never disappointed with their recommendations.The hotel is centrally located to great spots like The Framers Market,TOAST and Joans on Third. I highly recommend and look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank m3lexis
Reviewed December 4, 2009

I recently spent 4 nights at The Orlando and had a great experience! All of the staff was exceptional - from the valet, to the desk and restaurant. For a very reasonable price, we had a nice sized room, extremely comfortable bed and a nice little balcony with very sound-proof French doors. We enjoyed both the food and drink in the restaurant downstairs and this location cannot be beat. I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WilliamNYChelsea
Reviewed November 21, 2009

No insulation in walls and could hear clearly conversations next door, not to mention normal door closing sounded like slamming. The room was generally nice but shoddy construction in the bathroom, the ceiling etc. Just not 4 star. The management was nice and the 5th floor room was perfectly sufficient. Book the boutique, nonsmoking 4 star on Hotwire and this is what you end up w/ (in Beverly Hills, and West Hollywood area). Just be aware that this is not the lux property with the polished detail and high quality everything that 4 star implies. Frankly I'm sad that Hotwire hasn't adjusted their star rating!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2009

We had a fantastic stay at the orlando. The staff were very helpful and had excellent customer service skills. We had a double room which was massive with two extremely comfortable beds, the decor of the room was modern and the in room amenities were excellent. The location of the hotel was great just a short taxi ride from Hollywood, the Beverly Centre was a five minute walk away which is very handy as you dont have far to carry your shopping. The area was quiet and we felt safe at night walking around. The hotels restaurant was very nice at both breakfast time and dinner time. Joans on third is a two minute walk from the hotel and is a lovely place to have breakfast.

Just a tip if you are staying here and getting a taxi back to the hotel and anywhere in general in los angeles have the complete address of your destination written down including post/zip code as we found it quiet frustrating at times with taxi drivers as they didnt know where we wanted to go.

• Stayed: October 2009
#9 of 19 in West Hollywood
Kimpton Hotel Wilshire
Kimpton Hotel Wilshire
#63 of 353 in Los Angeles

Been to The Orlando Hotel? Share your experiences!