“pleasant surprise”
Review of The Orlando Hotel

The Orlando Hotel
Ranked #35 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We arrived to find a very large room with 2 queen beds, soft linens and complementary bathrobes. The one drawback was the platforms that held the beds, the wood corners stick out far beyond the mattresses and we left with large bruises from bumping into them. The staff was friendly. Our car came back from valet parking the last day with what looked like coffee splashed all over it. They denied any responsibility and we are quite sure we did not bring the car in that way. They finally, reluctantly, offered to clean it for us but we passed as we were leaving town.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed April 15, 2014

This hotel is a few blocks from The Grove, Beverly Center and Farmers Market. My daughter and I stayed here with plans on spending a day at the American Girl store. This hotel offers an American girl package including take home robes, slippers and beds for your doll. Your daughter also has her picture taken with her doll and a cute personal welcome letter. The staff contacted me a few days before our trip to get the names of my daughter and her doll. They personalized everything and welcome my daughter and doll by name every time we so much as stepped into the lobby. The hotel was spotlessly clean and very modern. This is a memory the two of us will always cherish.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Carter05
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed here in March 2014. We enjoyed the location and the fact that some rooms do have 2 Queens which is great if you're travelling with teenagers. If you enjoy walking, Beverly Hills and West Hollywood are about 2 miles away and The Grove shopping area is about 1 mile away. Another mall, Beverly Hills Center is just a few blocks away. The hotel is clean, the service personnel were very friendly. The only downside is the lack of counter space in the bathroom, and drawers in the bedroom. Overall though a nice find and recommended for families travelling with older kids.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The Orlando is a great hotel in terms of location - unfortunately, the hotel is old and really needs a facelift. Let's start with the carpet - ugh, gross. We had multiple rooms in the hotel, and everyone complained of how old and dirty the carpet was. Second, the poorly painted furniture - everything is painted dark brown, and it is really showing its wear. The rooms also smelled musty, not sure if it was the carpet or just the old building. Didn't go out to the pool, but the gym leaves much to be desired as well.

The bathrooms were decent - though I did see a lot of long black hair that wasn't mine. Service was good, front desk was nice and polite.

The best part of this hotel is the restaurant next door. We ate multiple breakfasts and dinners here, and the evening wait staff is fantastic. The food was great quality, and a nice change of pace considering most hotel food is barely edible!

Will stay here again for business because it's what our client prefers, but if I was traveling for pleasure, I would definitely find something a little newer.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank JLW0425
Reviewed April 11, 2014

You can't go wrong with the orlando hotel. Great location, helpful staff, modern decor, heated pool with cabanas, free wi fi, walking distance to farmers market and great restaurants. My daughter and I had a wonderful time and felt safe walking around this neighborood. The staff was accomodating and allowed us to check in early depending on availability of room. I would stay longer if I could. Prices are on the upscale side but I got a deal through bookit.com for $130 a night.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights from 10 March and loved every minute of it. The staff are so friendly from the valet guys to the reception staff. The reception staff were so helpful with everything from directions to restaurant recommendations. The room was lovely and extremely spacious. The bed was huge and so comfortable. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2014

This is a great little hotel. Rooms are large and nicely furnished. Good size bath - nice amenities. Staff is friendly and helpful. Best feature of all is the location. Near shopping and restaurants and I even had a view of the HOLLYWOOD sign from my window. My room faced the street and was a little noisy - not bad but traffic sounds....to me was worth it for the good view. Price on the room was very good. There is a nice restaurant attached to the horel that has outdoor/indoor seating with good tapas. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Room 302 is a good room.