“Good location”

Ranked #35 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
Lake Forest
“Good location”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed here in March 2014. We enjoyed the location and the fact that some rooms do have 2 Queens which is great if you're travelling with teenagers. If you enjoy walking, Beverly Hills and West Hollywood are about 2 miles away and The Grove shopping area is about 1 mile away. Another mall, Beverly Hills Center is just a few blocks away. The hotel is clean, the service personnel were very friendly. The only downside is the lack of counter space in the bathroom, and drawers in the bedroom. Overall though a nice find and recommended for families travelling with older kids.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The Orlando is a great hotel in terms of location - unfortunately, the hotel is old and really needs a facelift. Let's start with the carpet - ugh, gross. We had multiple rooms in the hotel, and everyone complained of how old and dirty the carpet was. Second, the poorly painted furniture - everything is painted dark brown, and it is really showing its wear. The rooms also smelled musty, not sure if it was the carpet or just the old building. Didn't go out to the pool, but the gym leaves much to be desired as well.

The bathrooms were decent - though I did see a lot of long black hair that wasn't mine. Service was good, front desk was nice and polite.

The best part of this hotel is the restaurant next door. We ate multiple breakfasts and dinners here, and the evening wait staff is fantastic. The food was great quality, and a nice change of pace considering most hotel food is barely edible!

Will stay here again for business because it's what our client prefers, but if I was traveling for pleasure, I would definitely find something a little newer.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank JLW0425
California, USA
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

You can't go wrong with the orlando hotel. Great location, helpful staff, modern decor, heated pool with cabanas, free wi fi, walking distance to farmers market and great restaurants. My daughter and I had a wonderful time and felt safe walking around this neighborood. The staff was accomodating and allowed us to check in early depending on availability of room. I would stay longer if I could. Prices are on the upscale side but I got a deal through bookit.com for $130 a night.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dartford, Kent
Reviewed April 9, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights from 10 March and loved every minute of it. The staff are so friendly from the valet guys to the reception staff. The reception staff were so helpful with everything from directions to restaurant recommendations. The room was lovely and extremely spacious. The bed was huge and so comfortable. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed March 30, 2014

This is a great little hotel. Rooms are large and nicely furnished. Good size bath - nice amenities. Staff is friendly and helpful. Best feature of all is the location. Near shopping and restaurants and I even had a view of the HOLLYWOOD sign from my window. My room faced the street and was a little noisy - not bad but traffic sounds....to me was worth it for the good view. Price on the room was very good. There is a nice restaurant attached to the horel that has outdoor/indoor seating with good tapas. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Room 302 is a good room.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
San Diego, California
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We chose the Orlando based on the price and the location. We had an event to attend so were literally only staying overnight. We got in around 11, and didn't get to sleep until after 2. Being pregnant, sleep is precious to me. The music from the hotels restaurant was so unbearably loud I contemplated leaving the hotel. I was paying for a place to sleep and wasn't even getting that. I called the lobby and all they could say was that it ends at 2am. Nightmare. On a lighter note the room is clean. We won't be staying here again and I'll be sure to let everyone I know not to stay here either.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kyla M
Sirley C, Front Office Manager at The Orlando Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Kyla,

Thank you for staying with us and I do apologize that the noise level from the restaurant interfered with the serenity of your stay. Unfortunately, we do not have the ability to forecast which guests will want a quieter side and which guests will want the more social side of the building. If we are provided with requests during the reservation and/or check in time, we are more than happy to do our best to accommodate them. I would hate to lose your business over something that we could easily fix for a future stay. If you’d like, I would love to personally book your next stay and ensure everything is perfect! Please don’t hesitate to contact me at the hotel at your convenience. Notes have been added to your profile, as well, to ensure that the front desk is aware of your room preference.
Best,
Sam Shofet
Front Office Manager
NJ
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We just returned from a trip to California; we stayed at the Orlando for a few days in LA. this was a five star experience. The staff was courteous and welcoming, very helpful and efficient.Our room was beautifully appointed and spotless. our bed was VERY comfy, BIG flat screen on the wall. the valets were attentive and efficient. Great location.. Walking distance to several good places to eat. Adjacent to the hotel is Churchills, a lively spot with good food and drinks. nice fitness area, salt water pool. highly recommend!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
#42 of 350 in Los Angeles
Kimpton Hotel Wilshire
Kimpton Hotel Wilshire
#68 of 350 in Los Angeles

Been to The Orlando Hotel? Share your experiences!