“Great Service, Nice Hotel and walkable area.”
Review of The Orlando Hotel

The Orlando Hotel
Ranked #42 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Sudbury, Canada
“Great Service, Nice Hotel and walkable area.”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We booked and everything was correct, The service here is amazing, they say welcome back evertime you enter the hotel, and the the valet guys are very attentive. Our room was as stated, very clean and a good size. The view however was terrible, we had a huge tree in our way, it was room 418, I think. The bathroom was small but the shower was amazing. the pool and pool area is small but works well, the excersize room is OK.

We saw Jessica Simpson here during our stay so it is popluar with everyone.

There are lots of shopping and eating opportunities within walking distance, the Farmers Market is a great walk for breakfast. And the Grove is a short walk further. We always felt safe walking even at night.

There is a coffee shop on the corner as well, and a wine/beer store across the street that is very reasonable.

Overall a great hotel in a nice area, I woudl stay here again.

Room Tip: ASk for a room facing the pool.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kpinch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
San Diego, California
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I was a returning guest, and even brought another guest to The Orlando Hotel. I have stayed twice, and never again will I stay there. I was there 3 weeks ago, staff was just ok, but room was pretty cute, although slightly dirty. Came back this weekend, staff was AWFUL, the girl at the front desk who I believe doesn't wear a name tag for this very reason, she is latino/Mexican, curly hair, incredibly rude, was talking about guests TERRIBLY in front of us, and about us. We arrived, were told our room would be ready in 1 hour, so we went and got lunch. Came back, was told for two hours that the room would be ready in 15 minutes. A total of 3 hours later, we finally get our room, of course with attitude from the front desk girl. And to top it off, we were told valet was free with the room...nope! $29 dollars later, for less than a 24 hour period, it shows up on my bill. Fire alarm went off at 2:30 in the morning. Room was noisy- thin walls could hear everything EVERYONE was talking about outside, at all hours of the night. Never will I give these people my business. I recommend you don't either.

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel. That's how you choose a good room.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Kelley H
Sirley C, Front Office Manager at The Orlando Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Kelley H,

Thank you for staying with us on the two occasions. I’m glad that you found the room to your liking and appreciate you bringing an additional guest. After inspecting your previous reservations, I noticed that you arrived at the hotel around 11:30am (half an hour prior to our 12:00pm check out time). I also noticed that you checked in around 2:30pm (half an hour before our check in time). One of the things our guests appreciate is the fact that we are much more accommodating on early arrivals and late check outs than most hotels. Given that, there may be times when we are very busy due to a higher volume of guests in house (from a previous night) and therefore have to stick by the normal check out and check in times. Further, even if a guest checks out early and we believe we may be able to turn that room over sooner, we may find (upon entering the room) that the particular room needs additional attention. On your first stay you took advantage of a nice promotion we were offering on a third party website and received complimentary parking as a result of that promotion. On the following stay (that you booked on our own website), the promotion did not include parking and therefore we assessed the parking fee. One of the main reasons our guests return to us is our front desk agents and the great atmosphere they create for our guests. The employee you were referring to and the rest of my staff at the desk REGULARY exhibit to our guests their desire to exceed their expectations and this is not only communicated to me on a regular basis but also through our reviews which you can read on this site. Lastly, I do apologize for any inconveniences caused by the fire alarm and earthquake that particular night. Our staff is also trained to handle any emergencies that may arise in a professional and efficient manner in order to minimize/eliminate any inconveniences to our guests. If you would be available, I would love to discuss in more detail the grievances you had during your last stay.

Respectfully yours,
Sam Shofet
Front Office Manager
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I loved staying at the orlando in west hollywood. It was next door to cute boutiques and restaurants as well as a quick walk to clubs like Hooray Henry's and Greystone manor. Aside from the central location, the ambiance of the hotel was chic and relaxing. The pool area was small but perfect for tanning and relaxing. Our room was really clean and robes were laid out on our beds upon arrival. My favorite part of the room was the bathroom. The giant shower with a luxurious shower head and modern sink were really cool and similar to those of a Four Seasons. Overall, I had a great time in West Hollywood and it was greatly due to The Orlando and it's amenities.

• Stayed March 2014
Southern England
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We enjoyed staying here as part of a family gathering in the neighbourhood. The room was comfortable and the bathroom large and new. Comfortable downstairs tv lounge was appreciated as we waited for meeting up with family - especially fun as the Olympics was on. But the real winner was the staff - everyone from chambermaids encountered in the halls to front desk staff on any given day was friendly and helpful. They managed to make it feel like a real welcome, not just the result of good training (although that must have applied, too.)
We didn't use the restaurant, but the area is full of good local places to eat for any meal at any time.
Our only caveat would be that the sofa in the room, while fine to sit on, would not have been comfortable for any but small children to sleep on.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Lubbock
Reviewed February 26, 2014

What a great little boutique hotel right in the center of LA. Clean nice large rooms with beautiful showers. I heard the pool was great. There are nice little restaurants within easy walking distance and plenty of shopping almost across the street. The Grove is a nice hike but doable. Valet parking takes the stress out of finding a parking space in LA. Just plan for the expense and pamper yourself. The front desk staff was so pleasant, always welcoming you and smiling. Check-in and out was a breeze. I love this hotel and will stay next time in LA.

Room Tip: Rooms on Third Street can be noisy but the air conditioner can block some of that noise. I would su...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful hotel ! Great views the service is awesome no complaints I would defiantly recommended this hotel to others!! Me and my boyfriend will be back in March to stay in this hotel when I tell you I am in love with they service. !! I love it so very much

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Big Bear Lake, California
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Friend referred us to the Orlando on Third. Fantastic entry to LA. Great location. Hip bar. Great restaurant. Staff couldn't be nicer. Hotel smoke free and clean comfortable. Rooms nice, bathrooms modern, free wifi, Location perfect. Great shopping. Great restaurants.

Again, the staff couldn't be nicer or more helpful. Hotel great location. Rooms very nice and very clean. This is GREAT value

Room Tip: The bar is great but if you go to bed early ask for room in quiet zone away from bar. It was exactl...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
#6 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Laurel Motor Hotel
Beverly Laurel Motor Hotel
#100 of 351 in Los Angeles

Been to The Orlando Hotel? Share your experiences!