“Fantastic Personnel”
Review of The Orlando Hotel

The Orlando Hotel
Ranked #35 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed February 10, 2014

When my daughter recently stayed at this hotel I wanted to send her flowers. It was my great fortune to have had Johanna Lopez, who worked at the front desk, to assist me. I could not believe how extremely helpful she was. Johanna not only helped me find a florist who agreed to waive the delivery fee, but also said she would wait even after her shift was over to make sure the flowers were delived. She even offered to take a photo of the flowers and email it to me so I could see how the bouquet turned out. I think the next time I visit the LA area I will stay at the Orlando Hotel based solely on the kindness of a superior staff member.
Susan C.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank susan92067

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Our stay at The Orlando Hotel in Los Angeles was above and beyond our expectation. We were greeted in this large city with small town friendliness. Joanna went out of her way to be sure that we were comfortable with our room and entire stay.
Thank you, Joanna, for making our trip so much fun!

Room Tip: room 503 was large, clean, and quiet
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon W
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I stayed 3 nights at the Orlando. Check in was great. Staff was extremely pleasant and friendly. Got to my room which was very nice. The only 2 comments I have are 1- the pillows were a bit thin and hard, 2-the cost to park is a bit high. Other than that - I had a wonderful experience and would certainly stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank SouthJersey09
Reviewed February 5, 2014

This is a great boutique hotel offering good value and ideally situated, just a short drive to the best restaurants and shopping in West Hollywood and Beverly Hills. The rooms are adequately appointed with comfortable beds (although the pillows could be larger and more luxurious). The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. This hotel offers excellent value in an otherwise highly priced area. I've stayed here a few time and will definitely return!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Stewart P
Reviewed February 1, 2014

What a find! Outstanding Boutique quality hotel. Location, location, location. This hotel is close and/convenient to many of L.A.'s most popular attractions: Shopping, dining, sightseeing, etc. Friendly helpful knowledgable staff. Clean, quiet, comfortable, spacious rooms. Bathroom vanity counter could be larger but no wimpy showers here. Roomy with plenty of water pressure to shampoo and rinse the thickest hair. Valet parking too. Dial valet and your car will be waiting. We will return.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cossid
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Have you ever been in a place where you are greeted happily every day? Where the staff have a passion for what they are here to do? The Orlando Hotel is the right place for you. I have been here for almost one month. I enjoyed every single day of my stay. I brought family and friends here and all of them were impressed with the hospitality and comfort of the Orlando Hotel.
I will continue to recommend my family and friends to spend their vacations at the Orlando Hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank mikolas
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I decided to give The Orlando a second shot in a week in LA when rooms seemed tougher to come by. My first stay there about 2 years back was mediocre. Unfortunately this stay was worse and I am sad to report I won't be back. The walls are very thin. There was a door separating my room from the next. I was called by the front desk to keep "my noise level down" twice - one time in the evening I had the radio on very low and was chatting with a friend - the other time I was on the phone with a client speaking at a normal level. When the person next door had the hair dryer on it was as if she (he?) were drying her hair in my room (though I didn't call the front desk to complain). The room was ample in size, clean, decently appointed. That was the highlight. The pool is very small with few lounge chairs around it. Not very inviting.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Westside
The Carlyle Inn
The Carlyle Inn
#41 of 355 in Los Angeles

Been to The Orlando Hotel? Share your experiences!