“Nice place but beware of the thin walls”
Review of The Orlando Hotel

The Orlando Hotel
Ranked #37 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Recently stayed at the Orlando for a weekend get away. The property itself is nice and within walking distance to the Beverly Center and many of the west 3rd street destinations. It's a bit of a party place and when I was checking in a lady came down to complain that there was a rowdy part going on next to her room(I wished we could've joined) and above all after a spirited lovemaking session in our room we could hear a lady next door exclaim OMG..how embarrassing(not really) All in all the price is right, rooms spacious location is prime but the walls are thin as hell!

Stayed: December 2013
There are newer reviews for The Orlando Hotel

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We flew in from Sydney Australia to 2 excellent rooms at The Orlando. This hotel strives to make your stay special. The rooms are substantial in size, with new bathrooms and top quality beds. Both our rooms were very quiet, one on level 4 and the other on level 5. The rooms were nicely equipped and super clean.
But what made our stay special is the people working at the hotel. Front desk staff were all great, especially Sam and Johanna. Nothing was too much trouble for these nice people. The valet staff were also special and efficient.
If you are going to holiday in LA, the Orlando and it's location are almost perfect. The hotel is near great restaurants, the Beverly Centre, The Grove and my favourite place in LA to have breakfast....Joans on Third.
Thankyou the Orlando from Greg and Margaret

Room Tip: The rooms facing Orlando Street are great
1  Thank roamingwulff2016
Reviewed December 5, 2013

My family and I come to LA and stay at the Orlando several times a year. When we walk through the doors it feels like we've come home. Every single staff member, from the front desk to the valet, are absolutely wonderful. Their customer service outshines even some of the most expensive and exclusive hotels in LA. They genuinely want to make your stay, your day, your life the most pleasant and comfortable as possible. A big shout out to Sammy and Robert on the front desk and Carlos in valet.

The small touches make the hotel very enjoyable to stay at. These include the fresh green apples placed around the hotel free for you to munch on, the 24hr fitness centre, free wifi and the business centre has both MAC and PCs.

It is conveniently located on West 3rd St, walking distance from The Grove shopping centre and the Beverly Centre. Also, on the same block you've got Joans on 3rd, it does amazing coffee and is a treat to go to.

Whenever we stay at The Orlando we always spot celebrities along West 3rd St and in the hotel.

Unlike other hotels in the area, the feedback about The Orlando on TripAdvisor is unbiased and genuine. They don't offer hotel guests special discounted rates for writing positive reviews.

The hotel is suitable for families, couples, groups, people flying solo and business travellers. If you are a light sleeper and it is a weekend I'd recommend requesting a room on one of the higher floors as West 3rd can be a bit noisy. Though everywhere in LA can be noisy.

Can't wait to head back to The Orlando in 2014.

1  Thank mon_wff
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I have stayed here several times and enjoyed the warm, excellent service. Starting with arrival, it is so nice to be welcomed back by the staff at the valet, and at the front desk. Rooms are comfortable and quiet. Fitness center is small but never crowded. Towels are big and fluffy; they even put a terry bathrobe on the bed for use by guests. Chocolates at bedtime are a nice touch! Really good restaurants are walking distance on Melrose (for dinner) and right on West 3rd for breakfast and snacks. I would heartily recommend this hotel and look forward to staying here again when I am in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LuckyTraveler18
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Due to renovations in my home, I had to find a local hotel to stay at for what ended up being 2 months... The Orlando Hotel and it's staff were amazing. I was seeking a boutique hotel and I got this and more. Great comfort, being attentive to any of my needs and truly making me feel like one of the family is what this hotel offers. Big kudos to Sam, Leo, Robert, Sasha, Princess, Joanna, Michael, all the valet guys and the delightful housekeeping team. You guys are wonderful!!!!! Much love and thank you from 502!!!!!!

Room Tip: Request a top floor on the east side overlooking the Hollywood Hills
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank andreamarie502
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Last week was the first time I stayed in the hotel. I asked for a quiet room. The staff and hotel is top notch. Great design and a very comfortable room. The only flaw is the door adjoining the room next door room must have been a hallow core door from the 80's. I heard every word from the ladies next door. They were not loud, but talking in regular voices. Fortunately they went to bed and woke up the same time I did. But I know way too much about what doctors do to women who go into labor without dilating. So unless you know the people next to you, ask for a room without an adjoining door. I would stay there again…without the door.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without an adjoining door.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank David K
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We stayed here because this was a great location. Close to where I needed medical tests and my doctors appointment. Several restaurants within walking distance from hotel. The hotel was easy to check in and out. The staff are so friendly and accommodating. Our room was quite warm when we arrived, however staff moved the air conditioning down to the temperature we requested and we were very comfortable. Valet service was fast getting our car and very friendly. The beds were great and slept very well. Our room overlooked the pool. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Los Angeles.

1  Thank silverbeam67
#9 of 19 in West Hollywood
Kimpton Hotel Wilshire
Kimpton Hotel Wilshire
#63 of 353 in Los Angeles

Been to The Orlando Hotel? Share your experiences!