“Great Location, Great Staff!”
Review of The Orlando Hotel

The Orlando Hotel
Ranked #40 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This was my first visit to L.A. with my tween daughter and teenage niece and nephew. The location was perfect, just a block or two from the Beverly Center and eateries and shops. Only a 10 minute walk from the Farmer's Market and The Grove. The room was small but clean and recently renovated. The pool was closed for reno which was a huge bummer for the kids. Although the staff offered alternative locations (L.A. Fitness and another nearby hotel) I didn't feel comfortable with either option. The hotel restaurant had a nice vibe. The hotel was quiet and I felt safe in the neighborhood.
We explored on foot our first day and on the second day the staff worked relentlessly to locate the Mustang convertible rental the kids requested AND found it!!! It was dropped off at the valet exactly as promised. I was waiting in the lobby to sign the paperwork and we were off! The Orlando provided a free GPS for the car, a couple of small maps and ideas for our all day well into the night excursions. We managed to hit every L.A. landmark then some in our short 4 day stay. We plan to return to L.A. very soon and will definitely be staying at The Orlando.
The staff was helpful, friendly and all around awesome! Thank you guys, we'll see you again!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 517 facing the main entrance with a view of the Beverly Center from our window. Th...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
PauljGardner, Guest Services Manager at The Orlando Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear Seethew0rld01,

It sounds like you had a great trip to Los Angeles! Nothing makes us happier than to hear that our guests enjoyed their visit like you described.

I'm so glad that you found our guest services team to be responsive and "awesome"! All of the team monitors these reviews very carefully and we really enjoyed hearing about your trip.

I'm sorry that the pool wasn't available for your visit. As is often the case, we are a little at the mercy of the contractor and sometimes there are unforeseen delays. While we experienced one of these delays this week, we are anticipating that the pool will be open before next weekend, April 26th.

Thank you for sharing your experience at The Orlando. We'll look forward to your future visits to Los Angeles!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

This hotel was perfect for a girl's get-a-way. My sisters and I choose this hotel because of its location and because it was recommended by the Grove. We were able to walk to the Farmers Market and to the Grove. We had a great time watching "EXTRA" being taped with Mario and Maria! The hotel was upscale and very comfortable. The front desk staff were truly amazing - extremely friendly and helpful, from booking the hotel to suggesting other shopping experiences. We will be back!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear 3sisters312,

It's so great to hear that you had a terrific girl’s get-a-way! And it's great to see that you took advantage of our terrific mid-city west location! I believe we have one of the best locations in Los Angeles for shopping and much much more.

I'm so glad that you found our guest services team to be so helpful. We are very lucky to have an extraordinary group of agents!

Thank you for sharing your experience. We will all look forward to your future visits to The Orlando!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed here from March 31 to April 2 to attend a taping of Dancing with the Stars. The staff were incredibly gracious, the room was perfectly nice, and the entire experience was an A+. It was close to the CBS Studio Lot where DWTS is taped, and very close to The Grove, where my friend and I met for dinner. The staff really made the the trip worth it! I would stay here again.

Room Tip: My room was great - overlooking pool which was under construction, but I was not there for that. Co...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear 63Tracyann,

Thank you for your kind comments about our truly dedicated team. We are all so pleased that you enjoyed your visit to Los Angeles and so happy that you could attend Dancing with The Stars!

We very much appreciate your time to share your experience and we hope to see you on future visits to The Orlando!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel as part of a trip to LA. I picked it because it was near major shopping areas and had a pool...however...when i arrived i was informed that the pool was under renovation and was out of use...this was a disapointment to me, but i guess that was not really anyones fault. I would just have to find other ways to fill my time.
The hotel had great rooms and the bed was massive. It was very clean with very helpful staff. I would stay here again but i would make sure the pool was in use. Its a great location for shopping all within walking distance, and get to The Grove for a bit of celeb spotting!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
PauljGardner, Guest Services Manager at The Orlando Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear Hibbcher,

Thank you for sharing your experience at The Orlando! It's great to see you enjoyed your time in Los Angeles!

I'm sorry that the pool wasn't available for your visit and I appreciate you're understanding. We chose February and March for this project as they are typically our rainier and cooler months. But I hope you get the chance to experience the wonderful upgrades we're making to this area on a future visit. We're still on schedule to have it completed by the middle of April.

Thank you for your kind comments and we'll hope to welcome you back when you return to LA.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights on a visit to Los Angeles. We were impressed from the minute we walked in.
The location was great on West 3rd St. Central to many wonderful shops and places to eat close by (especially Joans on 3rd). The hotel restaurant was modern, funky and great food. We loved 'Clover', the hotels new cold pressed juice bar. My husband would pop down every morning and grab us a fresh juice to start the day.
The hotel rooms were very spacious, modern and clean.
Most of all we were impressed by the reception staff. They were all very friendly and accomodating to our requests of an early check-in and late check-out due to our flights.
Thanks for a memorable stay, and we will be back on our next visit to LA.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Natalie V,

Thank you for choosing The Orlando for your very special celebration. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and the West 3rd Street community! And I'm so appreciative of your comments about the staff.

We are so fortunate to have so many wonderful restaurants and shops in walking distance and I'm so happy you took advantage of this!

I'm also really excited to hear that you enjoyed our new juice bar, Clover! You were one of the first guests to experience Clover and it's been a great hit!

We'll look forward to your next visit to Los Angeles!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We always enjoy our stays at the Orlando----and look forward to each visit. Special thanks to Eric, Jeff and Sam for tour booking and general info . Missed seeing Paul on this visit---next time! Our room on the fifth floor was clean and comfortable, and the bath/shower update was very attractive. Location, location, location-----easy walk to the Beverly Center and The Grove----and, of course, to our favorite deli's: Joan's on Third!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Judy H,

It's always gives us such joy to see our return guests expressing that they consistently enjoy their visits (especially those who have stayed almost 10 times!). We all appreciate your loyalty and comments so very much.

I'm sorry that I didn't get a chance to see you both on this latest trip, but I'll look forward to the next time. And I'll look forward to showing you our new pool once it's completed in mid-April.

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We spent 3 nights here and found it to be great location to shop, eat and explore from.
Beverley Centre down the road where there is a HOHO bus stop if you need.
Opposite direction you have The Grove and Farmers market.
Plenty taxis at front door and desk staff most helpful.
Only small negative , although room clean and good size , the furniture is dark and probably needs an upgrade to something fresh and more appealing.
Great bar downstairs with open fire.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SAM_D_AUS
PauljGardner, Guest Services Manager at The Orlando Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Dear SAM_D_AUS,

Thank you for your kind comments!

It's great to see that you took advantage of our central location at the corner of West Hollywood and Beverly Hills. As you noted, The Orlando is a close walk to both The Beverly Center and The Grove, and so many of our guests find it a great "base" for their Los Angeles adventures. Additionally, our local community on West 3rd Street offers some really unique upscale shopping opportunities and some of Los Angeles’ best restaurants.

As you may be aware, The Orlando underwent an extensive remodel in 2011/2012 and now offers all new guest rooms and many new public areas. We're very excited to be completing this project with a brand new swimming pool area, opening in April of this year. Over the past 18 months, we have replaced many of the guestroom furnishings, but we do have plans for further upgrades in this area throughout 2013.

We very much appreciate your compliments of our team and restaurant/bar. It’s such a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your visit. And we will all look forward to your return.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
West Hollywood
Grafton on Sunset
Grafton on Sunset
#10 of 19 in West Hollywood

Been to The Orlando Hotel? Share your experiences!