“Great Hotel”
Review of The Orlando Hotel

The Orlando Hotel
Ranked #35 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My girlfriends and I just spent a magical night at The Orlando Hotel. We were impressed on every level. We asked for early check-in and it happened - well before Noon. We asked for rooms nearby and it happened. We were greeted by a lovely staff, fantastic rooms (double queens - with robes) and Churchill's, a really fun bar/restaurant in the Lobby. We wish we had stayed longer and we will be back.
Thanks, Paul and your wonderful team.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
PauljGardner, Guest Services Manager at The Orlando Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Dear EileenFitzpatrick,

I can’t tell how much pleasure it gives our team to read and share your review. I believe that great hospitality is providing an experience that feels “magical” by exceeding the expectations that are unique to each guest’s visit. It’s such a reward to see you describe your experience in those terms.

Thank you for choosing The Orlando Hotel for your friends getaway. We’ll look forward to your next visit to Los Angeles!

All the best,

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I love the staff at the Orlando.They are 100 percent accommodating from the valet to the front desk ( a few steps away) to the hotel staff,
The little lobby&front desk area always has fresh,beautiful flower displays ,2 staff members ready to help you and the elevators are fast.The rooms are a good size,soft browns and earthy tones,Zen like bathrooms with clean towels & linens and great smelling bath products.For the busy location it's surprisingly quiet easy to navigate.I would have given the Orlando 5 stars but it's attached restaurant "The Churchill " is lacking...well...anything really worth ordering.It's menu is a bit too sophisticated (or so it wishes to be) for the hotel's clientele.It needs some items that are less interesting.
Parking here is a cinch with the valet who are so fast and thoughtful that I don't mind the parking fee.
Friendly,fresh and comfortable this sweet little establishment is a stones throw from the Beverly Center,Joan's onThird,Polkadots&Moonbeams,Sunset Blvd,,Melrose,LACMA ,The Grove and a bunch of awesome restaurants and cool shops.A WAY better value than the ridiculously overpriced and underwhelming Sofitel down the street.
P.S.I have stayed here MANY times now and it's been consistently delightful.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the street side.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank WeRTrippin

Dear WeRTrippin,

First of all, I think you get the prize for the most creative Trip Advisor user name I’ve seen!

We’re all very grateful for your kind review as it gives our team great joy to know that you've stayed with us on many occasions and you've consistently enjoyed The Orlando.

It’s always really great to see when our guests take such good advantage of our location. As I've said before, I feel we have one of the best locations in Los Angeles. It’s one of the few places where you don’t need a car to explore so many great attractions.

You’ll be pleased to know that our restaurant has just introduced their new menu this week and I think you’ll find that it has a few more items that you may find appealing.

We’ll look forward to your future visits to Los Angeles and thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

We found this place on hotel tonight app and were stoked.
The hotel is conveniently located across from The Beverly Centre which has all the designer labels and Macy's so it suits all tastes and budgets.
Orlando is also on top off a terrific restaurant called the Churchill and meters away from excellent eating spots such as Joan's and Toast.
The staff are all happy and helpful and asked us if views or a quiet room was more important. We chose quiet as the rooms with Hollywood Hills views are on a busy street. Our room overlooked the pool and we slept soundly in a most comfortable king bed. The room was spacious with a lounge and desk.
We were most impressed with the value and service we received in a brilliant positioned Beverly Hills hotel. Definitely recommend this to all.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank MrsQuigg
PauljGardner, Guest Services Manager at The Orlando Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Dear Mrs. Quigg,

Many thanks for your kind review of The Orlando Hotel!

I’m so happy you took advantage of the great location and that you enjoyed your time at The Orlando.

We all appreciate your comments and we’ll look forward to hosting you the next time your plans include Los Angeles!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

After spending 14 hours on a non stop flight from Sydney to Los Angeles The Orlando in West Hollywood is a great hotel to chill out and relax before hitting the sites and excitement of Los Angeles The staff are soooo friendly and helpful, the rooms large and comfortable with excellent beds and the location on West 3rd street perfect. I love being close to Joans on Third, Gusto and The Grove. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors facing Orlando Street. Particularly quite and peaceful
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank roamingwulff2016
PauljGardner, Guest Services Manager at The Orlando Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Dear Jamez4,

It means so much to our team to see that you've stayed with us on many occasions and left multiple reviews. It shows us that you've consistently enjoyed your visits, which is what we work so hard to ensure. We are so fortunate to have many loyal guests and I must say that it’s a highlight of our days to be able to welcome back a friendly face for another enjoyable visit to Los Angeles.

Thank you so very much for taking the time to post your reviews. We will all look forward to your next visit from Sydney!

Warm regards,

Reviewed December 16, 2012

We were in town for the UCLA graduation. We usually stay at the Elan but decided to try something new this time. The hotel rooms were really nice. The staff is very friendly. The restaurant has delicious food. We love the location and enjoy eating breakfast and getting snacks at Joan's on Third. It's easy to walk to the Beverly Center. There are lots of great restaurants around the hotel. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Dear Wheatgrower,

Congratulations to your recent graduate!

I’m so pleased that you decided to stay at The Orlando on your recent visit. And it’s terrific to see that you took advantage of our great location and the many conveniences nearby. We are lucky to have some of the best LA dining options in our neighborhood and nearby, so I’m pleased you took advantage of our location in that way.

We’ll hope to see you the next time your plans include Los Angeles!

Reviewed December 15, 2012

The location is great in West Hollywood. There are plenty of restaurants, shops and department stores around. Staff is very friendly and will advise you well if you have questions. Rooms are spacious and very clean. Internet is free which is one of my criteria when I choose a hotel. If you travel by taxi from the airport, tell the driver to choose La Cienega Blvd, it is shorter - and thus cheaper - than using the 405.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Honoraryconsul

Dear Honoraryconsul,

I’m really pleased to see that you enjoyed your recent visit to West Hollywood and The Orlando Hotel!

Thank you for your comments about our staff and our location. I feel that these are our two greatest assets! And I’m very happy to see that you enjoyed our spacious new guest room; we have some of the largest guest rooms in Los Angeles with a minimum of 350 Sq. Ft!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We’ll look forward to your future Los Angeles visits!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I used to stay there all the time, maybe 25 times a year. Although, I hadn't been there in several years, one of the desk staff saw my name on the reservation, and remembered we didn't like the heavy quilts, and made sure we had blankets on the beds and bathrobes. The entire staff makes you feel welcome. When I left to get my car, the parking attendant gave me a big welcome, and said he'll bring up my Mercedes. I haven't had that car in 3 years, but he remembered. The beds are great,and they have great amenities and also they just
redid the bathrooms, now with a great shower. I always had a special rate, and even without
asking, they gave it to me again. I suggest it to all my friends, and would never stay anywhere else in L.A.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
PauljGardner, Guest Services Manager at The Orlando Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012

Dear Stuart R,

It’s such a pleasure to read your review and share it with our team! I heard from some of our senior team members how much they enjoyed your return this week. And Nassi, our Front Office Manager, so enjoyed connecting with you again after a few years away.

As you noted, we've made some changes since your last visit! And I’m happy to see you enjoyed our bathroom upgrades. And I’m so pleased that you found the hotel to be so welcoming.

We will look forward to your next visit to Los Angeles. And thank you for taking the time to write this kind review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Westside
The Carlyle Inn
The Carlyle Inn
#44 of 355 in Los Angeles

Been to The Orlando Hotel? Share your experiences!