“Best front desk staff ever”
Review of The Orlando Hotel

The Orlando Hotel
Ranked #34 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Best front desk staff ever”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I had the choice between the farmer's daugther or the orlando for my trip to LA and ended up at the Orlando by luck of the draw.

Check in to the hotel was very efficient and very friendly. I was a bit too early and my room wasn't ready yet, but this was not a problem for the guys at the front desk. They quickly whisked my luggage away to their storage room and got a map out of things to do in the area while I waited for my room to become available. This was a great approach as most hotels I've stayed in just tend to tell you your room isn't ready and leave you to your own without offering a solution.

I was given a great room on the 2nd floor. For a standard room it was certainly bigger than I was expecting, with great amenities. The bed was huge! So was the bathroom and shower facilities.

The hotel is situated in easy walking distance of shopping (beverley hill centre), several bars and 10-15 minute walk from the farmers market and CBS studios. It is very central for any other exploring you might want to do in LA

I can't repeat enough how great all the staff in the hotel were. They really seemed to care about their guests and wanted to make sure that their stay was as pleasant as possible. Jeff, Sam and Paul have a wealth of knowledge about the area and what you can do to have a great time.

Next time I am in LA I will be staying here again

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Hulltog
PauljGardner, Guest Services Manager at The Orlando Hotel, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Hulltog,

Thank you for your kind comments!
I must say that it was a great pleasure for all of us at The Orlando to host you as our guest.

I’m so pleased that you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms too. The Orlando actually has some of the largest standard guest rooms in Los Angeles with a minimum of 350 Sq. Ft!
And as you noted, one of our greatest assets if our location. There is so much that can be done within walking distance! From the LACMA Museum and The Grove to Robinson, Melrose, and our own West 3rd Street, many of our guests enjoy our unique walkability.

We will all certainly look forward to your return to Los Angeles. And we so very much appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Paul Gardner, Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed at The Orlando for 2 nights. When we first arrived, we were served by Jeff. He is an amazing guy! He asked questions that anticipated our needs (those that we knew of and those that we didn't!). He was patient and was really attentive. He made the stay wonderful.

In addition, the room was big and beautiful, modern and clean. It has everything, even a weighing machine. How cool is that!

Another cool thing is that Joan's on Third is just nearby and the food is amazing! We had our breakfast there twice.

We left for Vegas after The Orlando, and stayed at another famous boutique hotel in Hollywood. And we regretted going there, cos the service and ambience are just not as good as The Orlando, and they don't have a Jeff there.

We will definitely recommend The Orlando to all our friends who can't wait to hear about our trip.

Well Done! Send our warmest regards to Jeff. He is the best!

1 Thank Maoster
PauljGardner, Guest Services Manager at The Orlando Hotel, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Dear Maoster,

Thank you for your excellent recommendation of The Orlando to your friends and the viewers of Trip Advisor!

I’m so happy to hear that Jeff was helpful and was able to anticipate your questions and needs. We are so fortunate to have a staff that is truly dedicated to an outstanding guest experience. And Jeff wanted me to let you know that he really enjoyed speaking with you both throughout your stay.

As you may be aware, we completed a full room renovation in 2011, so I’m really pleased to see that you enjoyed our new guest rooms.

We will look forward to hosting your friends when they make their trips to Los Angeles. And we hope to see you again soon too!

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Large and modern rooms.
Amazing shower (huge)!
Very, very friendly staff at the reception and valet parking. Thank you for your hospitality!
Small but with all necessary tools equipped fitness center. We went running in the area, which was great and absolutely safe.
Small boutique shops, cafés and restaurants but also malls within walking distance.

It was great for us - even though we usually prefer to stay in more personal B&B's. This hotel is a very good alternative!

Room Tip: look online for special rates, it is worth it.
Dear Namumaschm,

Thank you for choosing The Orlando!

I’m so pleased that you found our property to be enjoyable and a great value. And I’m glad you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms with our Deluxe King’s over sized luxury shower.
It’s so nice to hear that you took advantage of our excellent location and enjoyed some of the amazing shops and restaurants that West 3rd street has to offer.

Thank you for your comments about the reception and valet. It’s our goal to provide you with a personal and friendly experience from the moment you arrive. And I’m thrilled that this was your experience.

Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Perfect location. Beverly Center is 2 min. walk. Nice breakfast places close. You can even walk to the Farmer's Market.
Hotel is better than the pictures. I like the room, staff and quiteness.
I never thought about swimming at the pool but for those who think, pool is like a bathtub:)
Staff is very helpful and kind.
I would definitely stay in Orlando again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
PauljGardner, Guest Services Manager at The Orlando Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Cignoo,

Thank you for your kind review of The Orlando Hotel.

I’m so pleased that you found our location to be a great asset. So many LA destinations require visitors to use a car to explore the sites, but as you've identified, we are so fortunate to have so many great attractions within walking distance.

I’m happy to share with you that in the coming months, we will be remodeling the swimming pool area to make it more spacious and enjoyable. And I promise we’ll keep it nice and warm for you to try out on your next visit.

Culver City, California
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The Orlando was an amazing place to stay. I had to ask Shirley, one of the managers there, where they got those comforters because they were incredibly comfortable. She was very friendly and had a great sense of humor and was a delight to talk to.

The staff made it really fun to stay there and there wasn't any problems. Marcela in reservations made the process simple and easy and was receptive to all of my needs.

Room Tip: room 305 is great
Dear Quackersmcgee,

It’s such a pleasure to see that you had an enjoyable visit to The Orlando. I’m glad that your stay was easy and pleasant from the start with Marcela and that she was able to take care of your special requests. And I’m sure that Sirley was able to provide you with some good information on our bedding products, as we have many guests who ask about our comfortable new linens.

We’ll all look forward to your next visit!

Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2012

What a fantastic little hotel in a great location not far from the shops and a short taxi ride to the main attractions like Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills etc. The rooms were spacious and very well equipped and with all the home comforts that make it that much more enjoyable. The restaurant was good, and we made use of the gym plus outdoor pool with its comfortable sun loungers too. The staff were very helpful and friendly and we would definitely stay there again if we were to visit LA in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Tan3003,

I’m so happy to hear that you had a nice family trip at The Orlando. We are a family owned hotel and we always enjoy having international vacationers at The Hotel as it allows our staff to suggest so many of the wonderful nearby attractions.

I’m pleased to hear that you also enjoyed the pool and fitness area. Since your visit, we've actually replaced all the fitness equipment with new state of the art machines. And we’ll be remodeling the pool in the next few months. So we’ll look forward to your feedback on these improvements after your next visit.

Georgetown, Texas
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was at the Orlando for four nights and loved every minute. The room was great and I had a fun view of the Hollywood Hills. I travel a lot and think the bed, with fluffy pillows and duvet, was one of the most comfortable I've ever had in a hotel. All, including the bathroom, was immaculate and fresh smelling. A morning newspaper, cozy robe and slippers, and well stocked bar were welcomed extras. The hotel is in the midst of an area filled with great restaurants, stores and easy transportation. The Churchill restaurant is an extension of the hotel and I will continue to dream about their Pancetta Breakfast Pizza! The staff was welcoming, extremely friendly and helpful and I look forward to my next Orlando stay.

Room Tip: I haven't seen the other rooms, but have no qualms about their quality.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear Sbharvey,

Thank you for your excellent review of The Orlando!!

I can tell you that our team checks these reviews daily and we all work very hard to ensure that our guests have a wonderful experience. It’s such a pleasure for us all to read comments like yours.

We will look forward to your next visit to Los Angeles!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
#6 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Laurel Motor Hotel
Beverly Laurel Motor Hotel
#96 of 351 in Los Angeles

Been to The Orlando Hotel? Share your experiences!