“Hot new hotel in Beverly Hills”
Review of The Orlando Hotel

The Orlando Hotel
Ranked #35 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed October 30, 2011

The service we were shown by this hotel was very impressive.. My friend and I were in LA for a shopping trip and had issues with our flight home.. The staff were very kind and helped us out when we returned.. The staff are very helpful with tips to get around and go out of there way.. Even got to met the friendly owner on our departure. The beds are to die for and seeing the HOLLYWOOD sign from our window was pretty unbelievable... Definately recommend this hotel :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the view of the Hollywood sign... Shows you are in La La Land...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
tohnia, Managing Director at The Orlando Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2011

Dear Rosannag636,
Thank you very much for the kind review. I know the staff will appreciate making your visit to LA enjoyable.
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 29, 2011

Great location close to shopping, easy walk to The Grove and other great shopping centres. Only stayed a night but would definately consider this hotel again the next time we are in L.A.

Service was great. The tapas bar downstairs was fantastic for lunch, though we did find the breakfast overpriced for what we received.

Overall, great value for money hotel in a great location.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear aatrip08,
I am delighted you enjoyed our location and service. I sincerely hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit to Los Angeles.
It’s great to see you had an opportunity to enjoy the new restaurant at the hotel, the Churchill. I will be sure to pass along your notes regarding lunch and breakfast to the chef.
Kind regards,

Reviewed October 26, 2011

My friend and I stayed at the Orlando Hotel for a 3 day trip to LA. Had a few issues with check in where our room wasn't ready by the time we arrived. We did get there early (noon) and check in was at 3P. So we had lunch and came back around 2P and room still wasn't ready. Then about 15-20 minutes later, we were told our room was ready but when we went up to the room, housekeeping were in the room and it was nowhere near ready. We were finally given a different room that was clean and ready. I know we were early but I wonder if the room would have been ready if we got there after 3p (since they were still cleaning at 2:30p).....Anyway, once we were all settled in, the stay was very nice. The room was clean and the beds were unbelievably comfortable (I slept so well!!). Had some issues with the sink and slow drainage but maintenance came and took care of the problem. The staff in general was friendly and willing to help. The pool was small but serviceable. The gym too had a few pieces of equipment (no treadmill!) but I wasn't planning on working out anyway so it wasn't a huge loss. The hotel is also in a fabulous location...close to Hollywood, Beverly Hills, and Santa Monica as well as being walking distance from The Grove and the Beverly Center. I had a good stay overall and would definitely consider staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
tohnia, Managing Director at The Orlando Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2011

Dear Brandywine,
Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to LA. I apologize we were not able to provide you with an early check-in, we really do try to accommodate early arrivals whenever possible. We still have a few finishing touches to complete all of our hotel upgrades, we are currently in the process of adding new fitness equipment and a brand new treadmill is on the way. I am delighted to know you enjoyed our location and certainly hope you will be back again soon.

Reviewed October 4, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights. Everytime we came through the lobby, a staff member never failed to look up from their desk to say hello. When we left, they even offered to print out Google maps to our next destination. The valets were equally courteous and fast too.

The room is nice, but not luxurious, but commenserate with the prices. Quality linens and bathrobes were a nice touch. The bathroom was small but very chic and modern. Having a scale in the room was a plus.

Fabulous location for us since we are foodies. Great breakfast and dinner choices within blocks, two of the best, right on the same block. The famous LA Farmers's Market, a 10 minute walk. Lots of interesting funky stores in the surrounding blocks. Two blocks to Beverly Center for middlebrow shopping amenities if you forgot something.

The pool was quite small as was the fitness room. It was too cool for the pool, so that was not an issue. Since we were walking a lot each day, I didn't have a lot of time to exercise, so this was not a concern, but from other reviews, it sounds like they are planning to make improvements. Anyway, at this price point, I certainly don't expect perfection.

Unless we hit the lottery, we'll definitely stay here if we return to SoCal. Maybe, even if we do hit the lottery.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank middleagedfoodie
tohnia, Managing Director at The Orlando Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2011

Dear Middleagedfoodie,
Thank you kindly for the nice review of your recent stay with us. I am so pleased you enjoyed our area and great dining options.
We hope to see you win the lottery and stay with us again soon!

Very best,

Reviewed September 29, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Orlando for 4 nights at the beginning of September,2011, whilst visiting my elder daughter.
I had booked the room based on the information provided on the Hotel web site which after recent checks has not been changed. We arrived late, after 11, and tired went straight to bed, not however without noticing the work on going in the hotel, NOT mentioned on their own web site.The following day we had to walk through a building site on our floor to view the pool and the gym.We later realised that neither the bar nor the restaurant were available, as they were both in the process of being rebuilt. Again , NOT mentioned on the Hotel web site.
This was not deemed an omission by the duty manager, nor bu the Hotel manager who advised they had closed the restaurant because of so many complaints about the breakfasts. Maybe replacing the chef would have been more cost effective? But from start to finish, no acknowledgement that this information should be provided for potential customers to make an informed view on whether or not to book at the hotel, nor that omitting this information was likely to cause a feeling of resentment for those who had booked.
The room was good, no doubts, the staff apart from fatuous comments about no information about the building work, were fine.
However if i had known that there was ( and still is) NO bar and NO restaurant, as well as building work on going, I would certainly have booked elsewhere. The offer of a bottle of wine from the duty manager was refused, as the point seemed to have been lost as to why I was having a moan. So when a bottle appeared in our room from another manager, it was returned to reception.
I still believe that ALL the staff at the Hotel believe that there was no fault in keeping information that there was no bar, no restaurant and building work on going throughought the Hotel from potential customers. And being constantly told that the Web Site had been updated is manifestly rubbish.
And you are correct, we will not stay there again, and i would reccommend any one else to avoid a Hotel that has a problem in telling the truth.
Phil Jones.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel !
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Dear Phil Jones,
I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank you for staying with us at the Orlando Hotel. I appreciate your taking the time to fill out our Guest Comment Card and your feedback as it certainly assists us in continuing to focus on providing excellent customer service.
We have been in the process of bringing aboard a new restaurant partner and are very pleased they are opening very shortly after a beautiful re-do of the existing space. It certainly isn’t our intention to mislead anyone but sometimes the process of opening a new restaurant can take a little longer then expected.
Our location is in central walking distance to many of the best restaurants LA has to offer and the major majority of our guests have been very pleased with the options we present. I am sorry that was not the case in your experience.
Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed September 24, 2011

I stayed at the Orlando for one night in May. The hotel is in an OK location on 3rd, near the Beverly Center. The hotel is OK, though sort of souless. The room was fine, though forgetable. The biggest issue for me: there was a terrible odor on my floor. I have no idea what it was, it wasn't exactly strong, but enough that I felt nauseous when I woke up. Half of the hotel was being renovated during my stay - the odor could have been from the renovation.

There's too many great places to stay in LA. I'd rather stay elsewhere on future visits.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo

Dear NelsonJJ,
Thank you for providing us with feedback from your stay last May. It is correct we were under renovation at that time and I can assure you we do not have any on going odor issues. I only wish this could have been reported closer to your date of stay so we could have investigated further during that time.
Now that all our guest rooms are complete I hope you will give us another opportunity to host you. Please contact me directly if you would be open to giving us another try.
Very best,

Reviewed September 24, 2011

Comfortable, spacious room with superb bed and linens, nice bath. Exceptionally helpful front desk staff, and a great location for exkploring museums, restaurants, and shops. I look forward to an improved gym and spa when the renovations are complete.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Dear JohnByng,
I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank you for staying with us at the Orlando Hotel. I appreciate your taking the time to review your experience.
I know that you have many options of hotels in Los Angeles and I am delighted that you chose to stay with us. We certainly hope to be welcoming you back to the Orlando and our lovely neighborhood very soon.
Best regards,

Westside
The Carlyle Inn
The Carlyle Inn
#41 of 355 in Los Angeles

Been to The Orlando Hotel? Share your experiences!