All reviewsbeverly hillskosher foodmake your own waffleshot tubboutique hotelbreakfast roomunderground parkingrooms are smallcomplimentary breakfastlocation was perfectwould stay here againroom was clean and comfortablelate at nightcoffee makerper dayrobertsonpico
Reviewed August 12, 2009

Booked a 2 night stay for my family of 5 in a Junior Suite on the internet. We arrived to be told we could have the room but it only had 1 bed in it and they could provide only 1 rollaway.When I pointed out that the website had allowed me to book for 3 adults and 2 children in this one room the manager said that sometimes 3 adults slept in the bed and 2 children topped and tailed in the rollaway! My children were too big to do this and neither did my husband and I want to share one bed with our 18 year old! I have since been back on the website and it would have let me book 5 adults into the room....cosy!
We had carefully researched the hotels we booked for our holiday (thanks to trip advisor!) and out of 6 this was the only let down.The manager did find us another hotel but we were left with having to pay more than $100 extra per night.Not a good experience.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Carlyle_Manager, Manager at The Carlyle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2009

Thank you for your time to write about your experience. At Carlyle Inn, children under 12 stay free with existing bed in the room, so all family members can have fun together. For the big family, we can offer connecting rooms also. I'm sorry that we couldn't accommodate you at this time, but hopefully, in near future, we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed August 4, 2009

Booked hotel on hotwire....was pleasantly surprised by its charm...helpful staff...computer in lobby...parking at 11dollars per night...lovely room just off outdoor breakfast terrace...hotel had hot tub and sun loungers on terrace..
hotel was 40mins walk to farmers market and 30 min walk to Beverly Mall and 35 min walk to rodeo drive...
A great base but you do need a car.....
Breakfast is served on the first floor restaurant with the option of eating indoors or outdoors, and included waffles, eggs, coffee, tea, breads, bagels, cereals.....
Internet access was free also....

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank susanne01
Carlyle_Manager, General Manager at The Carlyle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2009

Thank you very much for taking your time to write about your beautiful stay at Carlyle. We are so glad you enjoyed home away home at Carlyle. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed July 7, 2009

We stayed three nights at the Best Western Carlyle Inn in April 2009. The entrance of the hotel may look slightly dodgy, but in fact this hotel is really nice! Upon arrival, we were directly upgraded to a superior room. The windows did not give on the noisy street, but in a cute little courtyard of the hotel. The rooms were spacious and clean. The bed was large and comfortable. Breakfast was included, it was nothing special but it was nice to be able to have a coffee in the courtyard in the morning. The location is really good, since it is only a few minutes drive to all the main attractions of LA, such as Hollywood Boulevard, Rodeo Drive, etc. In short, this hotel is affordable, clean and in a great location, what more could you want? I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2009

Only 10 minutes from Cedar-Sinai Hospital where we needed to visit. We were pleasantly surprised by this little hotel. It was clean and had a beautiful courtyard with lots of flowers and plants. The staff were very pleasant and helpful in finding good restaurants. Loved the courtyard; could lounge or eat breakfast there. The parking rate of $10 per day was reasonable compared to other hotels nearby. Worth it to have a good location. Internet signal was weak in our room. Rooms were a little small, but was space was adequate for our needs. Air conditioner blew directly on our bed, but with the covers it wasn't much of an issue. Breakfast was adequate. Breakfast staff was friendly and always willing to prepare more food even when they were about to close. Traffic noise wasn't an issue for us either. Could hear cars go by when we were in the courtyard, but I believe that is to be expected when you are downtown. Overall, we really liked this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Smoky-Mountain-Mom
Reviewed July 1, 2009

My husband and two kids and I spent three nights at this hotel. We payed $130per night and this hotel was overpriced. The rooms are very small, the hotel staff are not interested in customer service, and the neighborhood is loud and unsafe. Upon check in the rude front desk clerk insisted upon recharging us for all three nights, even though we showed him our reciept documenting that we had paid in full at booking. The breakfast is adequate, however once items are eaten they are not refilled. We had mornings with no cereal, juice, or syrup. Yet most mornings we passed hotel staff who were eating waffles from their cart in the hall. When I asked breakfast staff one morning for a plastic cup for my daughter whch had been out in the past, she was irritated and asked me why I couldn't use glass. The front desk did not answer the phone once in the three days we were there- we called for the password to use the advertised wireless, and towels since it was 4pm, and no one had been in to clean the room. We just ended up having to go down to the desk in person. This property has a total of 32 rooms, and was not full during our stay, so the poor customer service as unexpected to say the least. The windows have no screens and are filthy...the neighborhood is loud and unsafe. There are no family restaurants within walking distance, and homeless are often sleeping on the block...not a great family environment.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Carlyle_Manager, General Manager at The Carlyle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2009

I would like to thank you for your response. It is only with helpful feedback like yours that we can provide training opportunities for every member of the staff including myself. We try our best to offer complimentary amenities such as refridgerators in each room, wireless internet and a full hot breakfast each day. It can be a little tough wearing so many hats at such a private and quaint boutique hotel, we sometimes fail to provide what is truly the most important aspect of hospitality...and that is personlaized guest service, everyday. Please give us another try and we would love to welcome you to Beverly Hills.