All reviewsbeverly hillskosher foodmake your own waffleshot tubboutique hotelbreakfast roomunderground parkingrooms are smallcomplimentary breakfastlocation was perfectwould stay here againroom was clean and comfortablelate at nightcoffee makerper dayrobertsonpico
Reviewed December 6, 2012

There was nothing spectacular about this location, but it was clean, easy to find, and the staff was friendly. There was no pool. The breakfast in the morning had a great selection. There are some local cafes within walking distance. My room was right against the street which didn't give to a very restful night, but a lot of people are used to that.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DLive
Reviewed December 6, 2012

The hotel is in a great location. The rooms were clean. The toilet ran all night, staff said plumbing was fine. I had to shut the water off myself to make the running stop, and turn it on to use the toilet.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My family and I booked at The Carlyle hotel on Thanksgiving. We had a family gathering nearby and needed to book a hotel so the location was perfect. We planned to check in early because our dinner engagement was at 3pm (check-in time) and wanted time to get ready before dinner. We drove up from San Diego and I thought it would take much longer to than it actually did so we arrived REALLY EARLY at 11:30ish. The man at the desk (sorry can't remember his name!) was so nice! He said he didn't have any rooms available but if we came back around 1 or 2 he should be able to get us in. We drove off to the Starbucks nearby and not 5 minutes later he called and he had some guests check out and that they had to clean the room but said he could get us in by 12:30. Wow! I was so impressed that he was so kind to call and accomodate us on the holiday. The room was small, but clean. The kids wanted to watch TV, but it wasn't working. I called to the front office and he had someone up to fix it in less than 5 minutes...wow, that's service! He should get a raise! We had an enjoyable evening and a fairly good nights sleep despite the sound of sirens throughout the night. The hotel is right next to a fire station and en route to the Cedars Sinai hospital. The next morning we went to enjoy our complimentary breakfast and it left much to be desired. The cranberry juice was watered down and tasted horrible, the muffins were cold inside as if they were dethawing. I suppose I could have put it in the microwave but had already moved on. I grabbed some toast (they only had rye) and scramble eggs that were okay (at least they weren't cold). I have eaten at many Best Westerns and this was one of the worst as far as choice and quality of breakfast items. After breakfast, I wanted to take a jacuzzi before we checked out and it was COLD!!! I called the front desk to let them know and the lady (unfortunately it was not the kind man that worked the previous day) told me that they didn't heat it to save money! Really?!And I spent $200 for the night? What if I said I only want to pay $150 a night because I want to save money? I'm sure that's why they watered down the cranberry juice. This left a bad taste in my mouth as this is supposed to be a Best Western PLUS. The man who checked us in was a PLUS! The breakfast, jacuzzi, and the lady at the front who told me that they were trying to save money by not heating the jacuzzi a MINUS!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Meg2627
Amanda F, Manager at The Carlyle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Dear Meg2627,
On behalf of the entire team, I want to thank you for your review of our hotel and service. Your feedback is much appreciated as it provides us with great information to learn from and continue our efforts of providing exceptional service to each of our guests. I am very sorry that you and your family were unable to enjoy the jacuzzi. Although we do keep it on a timer to conserve energy during the night, I apologize that we did not meet your expectations in this regard during your visit! Next time, we are more than happy to turn on the jacuzzi earlier in the morning and I will make sure the breakfast selection is in top shape. I do hope you will give us an opportunity in the future to create an all around pleasant stay, and thank you again for your feedback and compliments!

All my best,
Amanda Fulton/ GM

Reviewed November 19, 2012

My family recently stayed here on a visit to see family. The location was perfect for us as my brother only lived a mile away. We loved the open air courtyard and felt like we had a little oasis/retreat in the middle of the city. The room was pretty small/intimate but it worked for us. The beds were comfy and the bathroom was great. The breakfast was fine and enjoyed the afternoon cookies. Would recommend for a convenient hotel without blowing the budget. We will stay here again when we're back visiting the family.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were going to stay here for a few nights but the location wasn't right for our plans and we stayed only one night. The room was a bit small but very nicely appointed and clean. The remodeled bathroom was very attractive. This may have been the most comfortable bed we slept in on a 9 day SoCaI visit. I think if the hotel gets crowded the parking gets a little funky in the weird tight basement garage. The full breakfast was underwhelming. About on a par or a step below a Holiday Inn Express. With taxes, parking, etc. it came to about $200.00 on a Thursday night. With nothing in particular to recommend the location, it seemed somewhat overpriced.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John D
Amanda F, General Manager at The Carlyle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

John D,
Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm so happy to see that our comfy beds provided you with such a restful night! I hope the remainder of your trip went well, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!