All reviews beverly hills cedars sinai hospital make your own waffles boutique hotel hot tub complimentary breakfast underground parking exercise room breakfast room stay there again rooms are small yogurt rodeo drive location was perfect bed was very comfortable the air conditioning farmers market
Reviewed April 19, 2012

My husband and I had a fabulous time at the Best Western Carlyle Inn. We have been around the USA on tour and our last stop was LA. Best Western Carlyle Inn was the only hotel we stayed at to have free wi-fi and complementary buffet breakfast which was served in a lovely garden restaurant and was a great start to the morning.

The rooms are meticulously clean and well designed, with complimentary toiletries, water and coffee. Everything is so well presented (even the towels!). There is even a computer to access in the lobby with more coffee and cookies available.

My husband and I enjoyed utilising the jacuzi and gym.

The front desk staff were so kind and helpful (A first in the US for us) particulaly Juan Carlos who was amazing!

Location is great. Beverly Hills is much safer. A short cab ride (everything is a cab ride in LA) to great stores, restaurants etc.

Will definately come back!

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eryn L
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Liked the parking for I did have a handicapped permit and didn't have to park in the gate underground garage my entire four day stay, which was within walking distance of family. Breakfeast nothing fancy but it did the trick would have liked a microwave only qualms for me is driving back from days in the valley and Orange County traffic is murder in L.A. Still with family here, I'd come back though I may stay closer to family next time for they are 30minute drive and more in traffic

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank textiletyke
Reviewed March 9, 2012

When travelling with a car (how else can you see LA?) these kind of hotels are the best choice. Not too big, easy to find, near the main attractions and still in a very nice neighborhood. Basic services like groceries and restaurants are well available within walking distance. The area is just outside the Beverly Hills city limit and rather upscale. Distance to Universal and Warner studios about 30 mins and Hollywood and Sunset Boulevards and Rodeo Drive are just few minutes away. Closest option for one stop shopping with excellent parking facilities is the Beverly Center. By american standards for this price range, the breakfast was excellent.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank Jarimalla
Reviewed February 29, 2012

The only good thing about this hotel is its location. It is really close to Rodeo and Beverly Dr. The images listed here from the rooms are not what you get, they should be revised. The rooms are decent and we used them just for the night. The walls are very thin or had no insulation because you can hear everything next room. Plus no matter if you stay as a guest they also charge you for parking. And the lady at checking time seems to be more interesting on her computer than helping you with information of the area; she didn’t have any idea of any Italians restaurant on this area. I will never stay at this hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Sean C
Reviewed February 24, 2012

When looking at the reviews, I was beginning to think I had stayed at a different hotel from the other reviewers. My wife and I were staying in the area due to some meetings and did not want to commute. We stopped by at about 2:00PM and did a quick check-in. During check-in I asked for a place to eat and the desk clerk gave me directions to where she said “were lots of restaurants”. I went up to the room and when I opened the door, I was almost knocked over by the smell. It smelled like a combination of mold and wet carpet. I didn’t have time to change rooms at that point and opened the window to air the room out. I then set off to find the restaurants and found the directions lacking badly (she had said turn left on the street, but pointed right). One direction ended up in a residential area on a dead end and we drove for about 2 miles in the other direction only to find two restaurants, neither which appealed to us. We returned to the room at about 6:30 only to find the smell still there (while not as bad, I still had to take an antihistamine) and that there were no other rooms. There was a new desk clerk on and when we asked her about a possible restaurant within walking distance (we were afraid to move the car as we had a very early appointment and could not get blocked in), she sent us to Subway! When we started walking down the street, we discovered a wonderful Thai restaurant almost directly across from the hotel. After a great dinner, we returned to the room. During our stay, I made the following observations:
Staff: Clueless and two seamed more intent on talking with a friend than waiting on guests.
Bed: OK, but sheets were rough and full of “pills”
Room: Small, reminded me of a European hotel
Noise: There is a great amount of noise from people walking by outside. Also if anyone within a couple of rooms used the shower or toilet, it sounded as if they were in your room. This of course got better after about midnight.
Shower: Great shower head, nice soaps, soft towels
Parking: Terrible, if you don’t get there early it is very easy to get your car blocked in by other vehicles.
Food: did not get a chance to try due to early check-out
I doubt we will return.

Room tip: Rooms at west end (higher numbers) would have less foot traffic and should be quieter.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business