“Much more than meets the eye”
Review of The Carlyle Inn

The Carlyle Inn
Ranked #44 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I liked everything about this hotel. While the parking could be a tad tight, it was still convenient, and very decently priced (this is LA, afterall), services, facilities were of high quality for this moderately priced hotel. I found the included extended continental breakfast perfectly acceptable. They even allowed me early breakfast access as I had to leave for a very early flight. I think I must have been upgraded, because the room was quite large, and very nicely decorated, with very comfortable "lounge" chair. I found the location on the fringe of "south" Beverly Hills near Pico Blvd. to be excellent, and convenient for all my needs. Staff was invariably helpful. This is truly a great value for Los Angeles.

Room Tip: I appreciated a higher floor; did give one a bit of a view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank KLMChicago_IL

Reviewed April 19, 2012

My husband and I had a fabulous time at the Best Western Carlyle Inn. We have been around the USA on tour and our last stop was LA. Best Western Carlyle Inn was the only hotel we stayed at to have free wi-fi and complementary buffet breakfast which was served in a lovely garden restaurant and was a great start to the morning.

The rooms are meticulously clean and well designed, with complimentary toiletries, water and coffee. Everything is so well presented (even the towels!). There is even a computer to access in the lobby with more coffee and cookies available.

My husband and I enjoyed utilising the jacuzi and gym.

The front desk staff were so kind and helpful (A first in the US for us) particulaly Juan Carlos who was amazing!

Location is great. Beverly Hills is much safer. A short cab ride (everything is a cab ride in LA) to great stores, restaurants etc.

Will definately come back!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eryn L
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Liked the parking for I did have a handicapped permit and didn't have to park in the gate underground garage my entire four day stay, which was within walking distance of family. Breakfeast nothing fancy but it did the trick would have liked a microwave only qualms for me is driving back from days in the valley and Orange County traffic is murder in L.A. Still with family here, I'd come back though I may stay closer to family next time for they are 30minute drive and more in traffic

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank textiletyke
Reviewed March 9, 2012

When travelling with a car (how else can you see LA?) these kind of hotels are the best choice. Not too big, easy to find, near the main attractions and still in a very nice neighborhood. Basic services like groceries and restaurants are well available within walking distance. The area is just outside the Beverly Hills city limit and rather upscale. Distance to Universal and Warner studios about 30 mins and Hollywood and Sunset Boulevards and Rodeo Drive are just few minutes away. Closest option for one stop shopping with excellent parking facilities is the Beverly Center. By american standards for this price range, the breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Jarimalla
Reviewed February 29, 2012

The only good thing about this hotel is its location. It is really close to Rodeo and Beverly Dr. The images listed here from the rooms are not what you get, they should be revised. The rooms are decent and we used them just for the night. The walls are very thin or had no insulation because you can hear everything next room. Plus no matter if you stay as a guest they also charge you for parking. And the lady at checking time seems to be more interesting on her computer than helping you with information of the area; she didn’t have any idea of any Italians restaurant on this area. I will never stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Sean C
Reviewed February 24, 2012

When looking at the reviews, I was beginning to think I had stayed at a different hotel from the other reviewers. My wife and I were staying in the area due to some meetings and did not want to commute. We stopped by at about 2:00PM and did a quick check-in. During check-in I asked for a place to eat and the desk clerk gave me directions to where she said “were lots of restaurants”. I went up to the room and when I opened the door, I was almost knocked over by the smell. It smelled like a combination of mold and wet carpet. I didn’t have time to change rooms at that point and opened the window to air the room out. I then set off to find the restaurants and found the directions lacking badly (she had said turn left on the street, but pointed right). One direction ended up in a residential area on a dead end and we drove for about 2 miles in the other direction only to find two restaurants, neither which appealed to us. We returned to the room at about 6:30 only to find the smell still there (while not as bad, I still had to take an antihistamine) and that there were no other rooms. There was a new desk clerk on and when we asked her about a possible restaurant within walking distance (we were afraid to move the car as we had a very early appointment and could not get blocked in), she sent us to Subway! When we started walking down the street, we discovered a wonderful Thai restaurant almost directly across from the hotel. After a great dinner, we returned to the room. During our stay, I made the following observations:
Staff: Clueless and two seamed more intent on talking with a friend than waiting on guests.
Bed: OK, but sheets were rough and full of “pills”
Room: Small, reminded me of a European hotel
Noise: There is a great amount of noise from people walking by outside. Also if anyone within a couple of rooms used the shower or toilet, it sounded as if they were in your room. This of course got better after about midnight.
Shower: Great shower head, nice soaps, soft towels
Parking: Terrible, if you don’t get there early it is very easy to get your car blocked in by other vehicles.
Food: did not get a chance to try due to early check-out
I doubt we will return.

Room Tip: Rooms at west end (higher numbers) would have less foot traffic and should be quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Clete
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I stayed in this hotel with my family for 3 nights. It was a quite spacious 2 queen beds room. We arrived late and still were well received. The decoration of the room was nice and it was clean. The bathroom was also good and clean. The breakfast was nice and so was the breakfast area. There is a parking garage, very important in LA, a pool and a gym. There is also included wifi which worked great. The location is good, in beverly hills, and there are places to eat nearby. I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2012
Westside
Beverly Hills Marriott
Beverly Hills Marriott
#68 of 355 in Los Angeles

Been to The Carlyle Inn? Share your experiences!