“An okay place to stay”

Rodeway Inn Los Angeles
Ranked #199 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Not exactly the Ritz, but okay. Rooms are clean and been updated fairly recently. The common areas need some attention though. There were a few things with the room that weren't top notch but for a two star hotel, I expect to find a little less. If they paid a little more attention to slight wall and paint damage and fix up and clean up the exterior common areas, they could probably add a star or two to their rating. Morning breakfast was ok. There is free parking, but is sparse.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bear C
Manager7721, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear about your experience. We have just completed giving our guestrooms a new fresh look, and as certainly required, we are continuing to focus on the exterior. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

While this is not a luxury hotel, it certainly accommodates - in all the right ways. It's older, so the rooms are not large, but we didn't spend much time in there anyway. The bed was super comfortable and everyone was really nice. It was incredibly clean, quiet, and the staff was amazingly friendly! We loved this area and found that everything was close and convenient! The breakfast selection left a little something to be desired, but I also understand not wanting a lot of waste. All in all, I would recommend staying here! We certainly will next time we're in the area.

Room Tip: These rooms are small because the building is older, so don't expect a ton of space, but we love...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager7721, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you. We look forward to seeing you at our property again.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

At first glance you might think this is a dive! But to our amazement it was a GREAT little hotel. Although the room we stayed in was the size of a shoe box, it was well decorated, very clean and best of all my wife and I slept wonderfully. The staff, especially Pedro, was awesome. Quite small court yard to eat breakfast. Short walk to famers market. Tons of mom and pop shops to investigate. All and all I loved it.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Happycamper3468

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We are excited to introduce our newly refreshed and redesigned look in our guestrooms, and are delighted to hear about your experience. We look forward to serving your accommodation needs in the near future.

Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

I was staying here from Australia so as you can imagine it's a very long flight 14 hours to be exact! I arrived at the hotel they gave me my room key only to shortly find out that my room was not ready yet. The cleaning lady was not very nice to me and told me that I should have asked to see if my room was ready yet. I had thought that was the responsibility of the hotel. Also I had ordered a non-smoking room but I was convinced that it was actually a smoking room because it smelled rather stale. Then I find out the phone isn't working properly and the in room menus out of date. Not only that but there was no guest information folder that you usually see in most hotels. I only ended up staying one night do not stay here!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Rosie D
Manager7721, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

I do apologize if we fall short of her expectation about her stay. It is true that the room is not ready when she showed up but the check in is 3pm & check out time 11am w/c is posted on the site . She showed up early at the Hotel that morning. The Hotel is booked previous night so we have to look for check out room that am then clean up the room just to accommodate her....

Reviewed April 13, 2014

It is basically a good hotel though appears to be badly run. First, the pros: our room occupying a corner position, was pleasant – recently decorated and well lit. The shower was strong and the water hot, the beds clean and comfortable. The air con worked, the internet was free and a good signal; parking was also free – a big plus in a very expensive part of Los Angeles, although the garage was a tight squeeze for our car. All in all a good night’s sleep.

However, don’t venture into the public areas. We walked from the underground cark park into a corridor of locked doors, and from one issued a series of incoherent shouts. Eventually we caught the elevator - after a long wait - and in reception the woman behind the desk was yelling into the phone. We stood there unnoticed, and I had time to pick up the paper and read the front page before the woman seemed to notice us. Okay, she may have been fixing a problem, connected or not with the shouting downstairs, so I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt.

The corridor to the room was dire – an absolutely filthy carpet, paint peeling, the doors scratched and damaged. It looked like there had been a serious gunfight at an earthmovers’ convention. The public area contained a few plastic tables in a yard at the back of the building. While in reception we’d noticed an old juice dispenser and a serving dish on a shelf. We decided then and there to forgo the breakfast.

At that point we nearly left and cut our losses although we’d paid over $150 for the room. Luckily the room was good enough to continue our stay.

Owners, if you read this, be assured you have a good hotel in a great position near the Farmers’ Market, but for goodness sake try to look after it. Your charges are somewhat higher than the doss-house; as your customer service should be.

Room Tip: Try to get the corner room although you'll pay a bit more
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank morris_minor_travel
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. The hotel was in a good spot and right across the street from CBS studios. Down the street was a really cool farmers market place that was HUGE. The hallways and doors were peeling and looked dirty. Once you got into the room it looked fine. I really liked the windows shades. The room was really small but we weren't really concerned about it. It had a microwave and mini fridge too. The parking was underground and VERY tiny. We had a chevy camero and we could barely get the car out. Gah.

Room Tip: No restaurant or swimming pool that I saw.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank C S
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We recently stayed here in December and went to the price is right show it was awesome only having to walk across the street to CBS studios. We really liked this hotel for the price it was worth it. We would definitely come back to stay here.

Room Tip: They are all the same
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple