“Don't Stay Here!!!”

Ranked #190 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Don't Stay Here!!!”
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

I was staying here from Australia so as you can imagine it's a very long flight 14 hours to be exact! I arrived at the hotel they gave me my room key only to shortly find out that my room was not ready yet. The cleaning lady was not very nice to me and told me that I should have asked to see if my room was ready yet. I had thought that was the responsibility of the hotel. Also I had ordered a non-smoking room but I was convinced that it was actually a smoking room because it smelled rather stale. Then I find out the phone isn't working properly and the in room menus out of date. Not only that but there was no guest information folder that you usually see in most hotels. I only ended up staying one night do not stay here!

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Rosie D
Manager7721, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Los Angeles, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
I do apologize if we fall short of her expectation about her stay. It is true that the room is not ready when she showed up but the check in is 3pm & check out time 11am w/c is posted on the site . She showed up early at the Hotel that morning. The Hotel is booked previous night so we have to look for check out room that am then clean up the room just to accommodate her....

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Korean first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2014

It is basically a good hotel though appears to be badly run. First, the pros: our room occupying a corner position, was pleasant – recently decorated and well lit. The shower was strong and the water hot, the beds clean and comfortable. The air con worked, the internet was free and a good signal; parking was also free – a big plus in a very expensive part of Los Angeles, although the garage was a tight squeeze for our car. All in all a good night’s sleep.

However, don’t venture into the public areas. We walked from the underground cark park into a corridor of locked doors, and from one issued a series of incoherent shouts. Eventually we caught the elevator - after a long wait - and in reception the woman behind the desk was yelling into the phone. We stood there unnoticed, and I had time to pick up the paper and read the front page before the woman seemed to notice us. Okay, she may have been fixing a problem, connected or not with the shouting downstairs, so I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt.

The corridor to the room was dire – an absolutely filthy carpet, paint peeling, the doors scratched and damaged. It looked like there had been a serious gunfight at an earthmovers’ convention. The public area contained a few plastic tables in a yard at the back of the building. While in reception we’d noticed an old juice dispenser and a serving dish on a shelf. We decided then and there to forgo the breakfast.

At that point we nearly left and cut our losses although we’d paid over $150 for the room. Luckily the room was good enough to continue our stay.

Owners, if you read this, be assured you have a good hotel in a great position near the Farmers’ Market, but for goodness sake try to look after it. Your charges are somewhat higher than the doss-house; as your customer service should be.

Room Tip: Try to get the corner room although you'll pay a bit more
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank morris_minor_travel
Boston
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. The hotel was in a good spot and right across the street from CBS studios. Down the street was a really cool farmers market place that was HUGE. The hallways and doors were peeling and looked dirty. Once you got into the room it looked fine. I really liked the windows shades. The room was really small but we weren't really concerned about it. It had a microwave and mini fridge too. The parking was underground and VERY tiny. We had a chevy camero and we could barely get the car out. Gah.

Room Tip: No restaurant or swimming pool that I saw.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank C S
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We recently stayed here in December and went to the price is right show it was awesome only having to walk across the street to CBS studios. We really liked this hotel for the price it was worth it. We would definitely come back to stay here.

Room Tip: They are all the same
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Free brek in the courtyard with lions fountain! Comfy, warm room, fun cable channels. Very convenient corner with buses going up Beverly and across Fairfax, gets you easily to all the good sites plus Greyhound. Walkable to Tar Pits, LACMA, Farmers, big 99c store and much more. Real fun to go down to the garage and admire all the car paint stripes on the pillars and walls and dents. Who needs a car, the bus is right outside. Near tacos, gas station food, and food strip mall including Subway. Check out the Raoul Wallenberg memorial on the corner at Bev and Fairfax!

Room Tip: If you'd like to expose yourself on national television, pick a front room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KillerRabbit
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 12, 2014

This hotel isn't in B.Hills.It's near to CBS,Microwave & Fridge,our room was renovated and very small,the hallway still dirty. . Can hear noisy running water when others turn on their taps for shower . Walls are thin so can hear people talking and opening or closing doors.A few underground parking for SMALL cars.I would rate the security at the hotel as non existent. They keep the exterior doors wide open most of the time. Anyone could walk into the hotel at anytime, unnoticed.I saw junkies hanging out at lobby.Sorry not my type of place to stay with my kids.
Girl in the lobby was really helpful,one of the two girls who work on this location.Salvadorian Girl.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Liz C

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Verona, Italy
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Pro:
Position near Hollywood Blv.
Quite clean.

Con:
Room was very narrow while the bathroom was ok.
Carpet in common space are quite old and it seems they are not so clean.
The breakfast was very poor and THERE WAS NO PLACE to sit down for eating. The food was served in the lobby and there were two tables to sit down only in an internal patio. In the winter, in the morning, the patio is very cold and it is not possible to eat relaxed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Roberto P