Rodeway Inn Los Angeles
Hotel Angeleno(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$189
$509
$469
  • Breakfast included
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$426
$415
Official Site
  • Restaurant
Viceroy Santa Monica(Santa Monica)
$560
$396
$110
$263
$229
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Beverly Hills Hotel(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
$995
$258
$227
$560
$292
$202
  • Pool
All reviewsnarrow drivewaysmall roomyogurtplace to sleepgrovefairfaxhangersuber
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 7, 2012

After staying at the Rodeway Inn back in 2010, we had no hesitation in returning on our trip to LA in August 2012. It's true that this hotel is basic but with it's fantastic location, free breakfast, reasonable pricing and clean and comfortable rooms, it is all you need as a base to explore LA. Close to The Grove, Farmers Market, Melrose Ave and plenty of shops and restaurants. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Only some rooms face onto Genesee Ave where you might hear some traffic noise/people walking by. This didn't bother us but if needed you could ask for a room on the other side of the complex.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2012

2 reasons to choose this hotel are its location and relatively cheap price. Besides, there is really no other reason. The rooms are small, it looks like a cheap motel and not like a hotel, breakfast is served as room purports to be called a lobby, but because it's small and there is no place to sit down you need to take the food to the hotel's garden and eat there.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I've never seen a tinier room! We got the room on the second floor facing the gas station. The interior looked very old. Drawers can't close properly and kept sliding open. There's no wardrobe to hang your clothes. Breakfast is simple with toasts, waffles, cereals, bagels. Parking is free but lots are limited. About 10 minutes walk to The Grove. Can't complain abt the location. Given a choice, I'd stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

This was a convenient hotel for an overnight stay in LA, but given the temperature outside and the inefficient air conditioning it wasn't the most comfortable night's sleep.
The staff were all friendly, the hotel was clean and having underground car parking was reassuring, although anything larger than our Mazda 3 would end up in danger of stripped paintwork coming out of the car park.
I would recommend this as a value for money overnight stay closed to Beverly Hills but would look for something different if I was to stay for longer.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Have to give this 3 stars or Average. I hate to do that because after you read the reviews you're still wondering if it's a good choice. It's not great, it's not terrible...what is is??? That's how I felt after reading some reviews and booking this hotel...and still feel that way after the stay.

My wife and I stayed 3 nights over Labor Day weekend.

What was good:
*Room was not special, but was clean (room more than bathroom - but both ok)
*No sign of bedbugs which is our new greatest fear when traveling.
*The room was quiet. We didn't see much traffic in and out of the hotel. I had asked for a 2nd story room because I hate hearing people above me. I don't remember any moment where we heard other guests. Stayted room 202. The air conditioner was loud which was a plus for us because we need white noise.
*I liked the location - though I see that as completely subjective. The neighborhood was not populated with hotels so it wasn't populated with huge crowds of tourists. It was walking distance to Farmers Market and some nice restaurants that seemed more pouplated with locals. We walked to Farmers Market and did Melting Pot food tour - which was neat.
*Parking was free - but you'll pay for parking everywhere you visit.
*Price was decent.
*Free wi-fi worked fine.

Flip side:
I don't have a lot of negative to say about the hotel because it did the job. We were hitting the streets and didn't spend much time in inside. But if I would consider upgrading hotels the next time in LA if I could do it by spending an extra $50/night. If not, I would come back.
*Room was a little sticky...not sure if it was humidity, but not completely comfortable though it was clean.
*Small room small bed for price
*Hotel was budget - and had the budget feel. Rooms were ok but rest of hotel felt less than average.
*Breakfast wasn't worth the time (maybe if you had kids and loaded up on cereal)
*Parking was free but was kind of a pain. It was also full every night - not sure what they do if it fills up.

I wouldn't rule out staying here again, but would probably look for a better deal first.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple