1,913 results
All reviewstop floorwest restaurantgetty museumfree valet parkingfront deskfreeway sidesanta monicaholiday inncomplimentary winesunset blvdwine hourbeverly hillsroad noisebel airmile radiusucla campusroom service
Reviewed December 30, 2010

We had three nights at the Angeleno & found it to be as good as anywhere else. The staff are extremely friendly & very helpful. Jorge on the desk was particularly helpful with lots of good advice regarding day trips, we took his advice & enjoyed all the trips.
The top floor restaurant is top quality if a little expensive however this does keep the clientel a little above the fast food munchers. The food is perfectly cooked, presented & served. The hotel does run a free mini bus to a nearby shopping centre which is usefull as there is nowhere near the hotel to get any day to day needs. That is the only drawback as it is surrounded by freeways, major roads & dual carriageways. This is a problem if you want to go for a walk as there is nowhere you can safely go. We wanted to walk to the Getty museum & gallery that we could see from our room which I would estimate was about 10 minutes away but we were strongly advised to get a taxi as it would be too dangerous to walk. Then off course with all this traffic there is a lot of noise even with all the windows shut etc', I strongly recommend you take ear plugs & use them.
We enjoyed our stay at the Angeleno & would stay there again and take our earplugs!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2010

nice pool, room and friendly compitent staff. it is too close to the freeway, but in a great part of LA. The price made it competely worth it. don't be afraid of the freeway.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Scott1111, Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2010

Dear ivyc

Thank you very much for your positive comments about the hotel. I will share your kind words about the staff with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno; they love to hear positive things about themselves.

At Joie de Vivre Hospitality, we pride ourselves in providing unique hospitality experiences and superior service. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know that we have exceeded your expectations during your visit with us.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 15, 2010

Stayed for 2 nights in August, great hotel, lovely rooms and facilities BUT its located right on the highway which is never mentioned anywhere, cant walk anywhere, have to catch a cab.
I had great things to say about this hotel until now - 3 months AFTER my stay, they have debited, credited and generally Messed up my account. My credit cards have now been blocked (as I reported fraudulent activity) and my accounts have been frozen leaving me in a really bad situation. Their accounts system is a mess and SA Bank policy is 45 days now to sort out this dispute before I will have access to MY money again. I am Furious!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank DurbanTraceyL

Dear DurbanTraceyL

Thank you very much for your comments about the hotel. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno.

I apologize for the issue you had with your credit card. I am racking my brain but cannot think of how your credit card could have been charged all this time later. Please let me know if this issue has not been taken care of.

At Joie de Vivre Hospitality, we pride ourselves in providing unique hospitality experiences and superior service. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your stay and how we can improve.

Reviewed November 9, 2010

It was actually october 2009, there was no date in the list, not gonna say too much in case they put the price up!! a great hotel, the staff are lovely and it was very reasonably priced, a great place to explore the rest of LA,will be back

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ebonycello

Dear Ebonycello

I love the title of your review, "Wow"! Thank you very much for your positive comments about the hotel. The staff was very excited for your review and kind words.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 5, 2010

Recently stayed with at H Angeleno for 2 nights on business at UCLA. The location was very convenient, the facilities were new and well maintained.

But the strongest point was the service. Edith at the reception desk was excellent example. I arrived a few hours before official check in. She went above & beyond to meet my needs and provide an excellent introduction to the hotel.

Overall, a very good experience, though would suggest that the hotel make clear they charge a mandatory $20/night for parking. This is not optional. Not much of a problem for the business travelers, but good for the vacationers/families to be aware of prior to booking.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank sftraveler42

Dear sftraveler42

Thank you very much for your positive comments about the hotel. Edith was very excited to have been mentioned in your review and thanks you. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno.