1,913 results
All reviewstop floorwest restaurantgetty museumfree valet parkingfront deskfreeway sidesanta monicaholiday inncomplimentary winesunset blvdwine hourbeverly hillsroad noisebel airmile radiusucla campusroom service
Reviewed August 8, 2007

This was my second stay at the Angeleno and while there was nothing wrong with my first stay, the hotel was still being remodeled at that time. During this stay, it appears everything was in order as the pool was open, there were lots of employees and the coffee shop was new. Check-in was a breeze and my room was outstanding; comfy bed, flat screen TV and a great view. I loved the bathroom, including the European-style shower. My room faced the 405 and I was a bit concerned about the freeway noise, but as soon as the I shut the sliding glass door, I couldn't hear a thing. Their local shuttle is handy and the hotel is also on the #2 bus line, so the Westwood theatres and the Sunset Strip are just a short ride away. The maid service was outstanding and I loved the bed turn-down service at night.

I do have to chuckle, while checking in, there was an elderly man who had a bit of a problem with his room. It seems he just wasn't comfortable with the "openness" of the shower stall (glassed in, no shower curtain) and the opaque glass door of the bathroom. The manager was trying to explain that the hotel has a modern/chic look and feel, but I guess that might be too much for someone who is a bit more consertavie.

Overall, the hotel, staff and location are great! The next time I'm in LA, I'll book there again.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank kwirboi
Benjamin_Malmquist, Assistant General Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2007

Dear Kwirboi,

On behalf of all of us at the Hotel Angeleno, I want to thank you for taking the time to complete the Trip Advisor survey. I wanted to follow up with you personally, as you are a most valued client and I appreciated receiving your feedback.

Thank you very much for your positive comments about the hotel. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. At Joie de Vivre Hospitality, we pride ourselves in providing unique hospitality experiences and superior service. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know that we have exceeded your expectations during your visit with us.

Please feel free to call me directly at 310-481-7817 as I will always be at your service.

Reviewed August 7, 2007

We stayed at the Hotel Angeleno while going to the UCLA clinic.
We have used this hotel many times before the change in ownership.
Was very pleasantly surprised to find they could do such a wonderful upgrade. The Hotel was impressive starting with the front desk, very friendly and helpful, ending with the immaculate,tastefully decorated rooms.
Every aspect of the hotel is first class. Will stay there again.

1  Thank ttraveleer

Dear Ttraveleer,

Reviewed July 31, 2007

We've stayed in LA several times over the years, and so far, the new Angeleno Hotel on Sunset and the 405 has been the best place. Reasonable rates, well appointed lobby, attentive staff, and (most importantly) great clean rooms. Not too big, not too small. Nicely decorated, flat screens, free wireless, good mini bar, and a small but well executed room service menu. The bed was excellent too. Soft, plush, and very sleeeeeppppyyyyyy.

We stayed for a week, and put the front desk through its paces. We changed rooms twice, extended our stay, and then left one day early (medical reasons). The front desk was courteous and helpful all the time.

The location is good too. Nestled between Brentwood and Bel Air, it's right off of Sunset, and only a few blocks from Wilshire. Easy to go west to Santa Monica and the beach, or east to Beverly Hills or Hollywood. On the last day we went to LAX, and were at the airport within 15 minutes.

The pool looked nice too, and the restaurant on the top floor looked great too. We unfortunately were not able to use either last time, but we certainly will on our next visit.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank geeksharka
Benjamin_Malmquist, Assistant General Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2007

Dear Geeksharka,

Reviewed July 31, 2007

I normally stay at high end properties but after seeing a review in one of the travel magazines, I decided to give The Angelenos a try. Although the room is small, a complete renovation had been completed. The room was spotless and the bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was laid out well. We ate at the restaurant West and once at the bar and was completely satisfied both times. The location is central to everywhere with access to the 405 close by. The staff was pleasant and attentive and any request was dealt with immediately. Would highyl reccommend this property.

1  Thank clubsidem

Dear Clubsidem,

Reviewed July 31, 2007

This hotel was excellent. We dined in their restaurant and found it to be wonderful.

The hotel rooms were clean, the location great and the staff very courteous. We will be staying at this property again and again.

1  Thank RoseAJackson