“A visit to forget !!!”
Review of Hotel Angeleno

Hotel Angeleno
Ranked #50 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and had a terrible experience. I got checked in to a room which was not cleaned. During my stay for 2 days my room was not cleaned at all. On top of that the guy in the reception did not talk properly. He called for a cab for me to the airport and I was misinformed about the rate of the fare of the car by the hotel guys. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and infact encourage people not to go and stay here.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gsp26
Scott1111, Front Office Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Hello gsp26,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. I apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced and will share your comments with our management team.

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,815)

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I was suprised how far away this Hotel is from any shops at all - made worse by its isolation and the 405 highway which means you cannot walk anywhere and have to cab to the nearest shop for basics. YES the 405 is noisey - right next door to it means you cannot escape the constant noise from traffic and the construction which has a long way to go yet. My shower water for 2 days in a row was cold and runners on the main drawers were so broken, all 3 drawers kept sliding open. Redeeming feature is the absolutely delicious food in the restaurant - seriously good food. And the view, over the highway and back towards the city is stunning. Other then that, if you intend going up to the Getty Centre over several days, this is the nearest Hotel to it and the fantastic courtesy shuttles get you there in a jiffy - actually the courtesy shuttle is great as long as you are within range. You must book the shuttle otherwise it may not be available to get you or drop you off which will cost you a cab fare. I would likely stay closer to the city next time.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the Getty side of hotel (away from Highway). YOu don't need a balcony - th...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Scott1111, Front Office Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Hello Tumeke45,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. Los Angeles is a large city that was unfortunately not designed for walking around town, so we are happy to provide our courtesy car services to the Getty Center, as well as any locations within a 3-mile radius from the hotel. That includes a multitude of restaurants and shops in Westwood and Brentwood Village. I apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced and will share your comments with our management team. Thank you for letting us know how we can improve. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I recently had two wonderful stays at the Hotel Angeleno. The Staff was superb, friendly and very attentive. Clean rooms and comfortable beds. Pool area was very inviting unfortunately the weather was a bit cool so had to settle for enjoying the cool weather by the Fireplace. I was not bothered by noise from the 405 despite its proximity and the fact that on my first stay the room was located on the 3rd floor. The construction in the vicinity is a bit of an inconvenience which hopefully will not last long. I was there on business and found the location very convenient. Loved the view and the food at the West Restaurant! Chef Laura's presentation of the seasonal inspired dishes were wonderful and tasty! Sandy A.

1  Thank Sandy A

Hello Sandy A,

Thank you for the nice compliments regarding our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed both of your stay with us. I apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced with the road construction activity around Los Angeles. The City assures us that the project is near completion, at least in our local area. I will be sure to share your kind words with Chef Laura and the rest of the team. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Checking out UCLA for my daughter and stayed the weekend at this super convenient hotel. Picked for convenience (shuttle service), but the service was outstanding and the "farm to table" restaurant was incredible. We kept saying we were going to go try another restaurant, but then decided why? when the one right in the hotel was so phenomenal. Incredible value.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jennifer M

Hello Jennifer M,

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding our hotel. I'm glad to hear that found our location convenient to UCLA and that you enjoyed our West Restaurant so much. We hope to see you and your daughter again soon!

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I have never written a negative comment on a hotel or restaurant or anything, and i am always on the road for work.

This is the WORST hotel i've ever been in my life. You can expect 2 things from a hotel. A Hot shower and a comfortable, calm bed. None were accomodated here.

Check-in, given keys, going upstairs. keys not working.... going back down to the reception, queing again. "ah sorry my colleague has written the wrong room number for you"... it starts well...

Entering the room, astounished with the noise, i thought the window was open !!! but not... closed and facing the 405, constant 24/7 CRAZY noise, as if you were literally sleeping in the middle of the freeway. If somebody from the hotel cares to answer to this review, DO NOT MENTION THE ROAD WORKS. I am NOT RELATING TO THE ROAD WORKS. I am talking about the NON STOP 24/7 405 traffic creating a buzz/noise unbearable to sleep. PEOPLE DO NOT GET FOOLED BY THE ANSWERS FROM THE MANAGEMENT OF THE HOTEL. THIS NOISE SITUATION IS NOT TEMPORARY, THIS IS PERMANENT.

That said, after checking out the room i've asked the reception to move me to a room facing the other side, it was refused, And i got explained that the windows are actually good (false, these are not double glazing....) and the noise is coming from the vent of the air conditionning. How does it help me ?

I have then asked them to just refund me and i would move to another hotel. This is the FIRST TIME in my life i've had such an answer. Literally amazing. The gentlemen was patronizing, and explained me that i had booked my room via an online travel agent, and that i couldn't expect a "Levis strauss" quality pair of jeans, if i buy it from "Walmart". ??? U-N-B-E-L-I-E-V-A-B-L-E.

To top ip up, and make sure the experience was miserable until the end, after the very short night i've been able to pull off, i had to shower with ice-cold water. I had burst of piping hot boiling water coming out of the shower for 4 seconds every 30 seconds. A nice experience of burning/freezing, that i would have gladly not experienced....

In summary, the adertise themselves as a "hip" high quality hotel, this is a DUMP not even worth a cent. I would have been better off in a motel..... PEOPLE LEAVE AND AVOID THIS PLACE.

Room Tip: AVOID LIKE PLAGUE this is a horrible hotel !!!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
6  Thank MICHAEL O

Hello MICHAEL O,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. I apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced with our hotel and staff, and will share your comments with our management team. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

I would consider this an average hotel for the price and could be better with some minor improvements. For example, it was 3 days before a washcloth ever showed up in my bathroom and light over the mirror was burned out, the fitness center was not open as advertised and I had to locate hotel staff to open it, the reservation clerk literally forgot who I was 30 seconds after checking in and the only shop for necessary travel items closes very early. The shuttle drivers were hit and miss. Some quite courteous, others you had to ask to even open the door to store luggage. As mentioned in other reviews it is very noisy - especially if you have a room on the freeway side and the construction noise sounds like they are hammering away at concrete and midnight.

Room Tip: Try for a room away from the highway.

Hello Lori K,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. I apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced with our services and will share your comments with our management team. Thank you for letting us know how we can improve.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I have a room facing away from the highway (looking up at the Getty Center), and the roar of the 405 is still such that you can hear it in the bathroom with the door closed! Add in the late night construction this Spring and the nighttime closing of the Sunset exit (adding 15 minutes to get to the property) and it's no great bargain. Staff were very pleasant. Room was clean. Pool area was small but inviting. But, if you have trouble sleeping amidst the constant roar of traffic, this is not the place for you.

Room Tip: Maybe a lower room would be quieter, because the tenth floor is REALLY noisy, even away from the 405...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Craig B
Scott1111, Front Office Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Hello Craig B,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced with the road construction around the City of Los Angeles. Fortunately, in our immediate our area, the project is nearly complete, and there is only intermittent activity. We have contacted Los Angeles Metro regarding the freeway exit closure. Again, I apologize for any inconveniences and we would like to invite you back to our hotel in the near future.