“Nice location, almost free parking, background noise”
Review of Hotel Angeleno

Hotel Angeleno
Ranked #45 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Personally, I liked this hotel and would stay again. Strategically located on I-405 a couple or so miles north of the I-10. It also sits on Sunset Blvd, you can head east to Beverly Hills and Hollywood or southwest to Santa Monica. The Getty Center is close and the hotel runs a free shuttle there, but I did not use it so can't comment. For a hotel of 4 star quality in this area, it's hard to beat the free parking, but don't be totally fooled, it is valet only so you are giving a tip every time you get your car -- but that's still far cheaper than the going rate in this area for hotel parking. Room was nice with a great high def tv. There is a bar / restaurant with a good view of the area from the top, but I only looked, can't comment on the quality of food or drink. All hotel personnel were pleasant to deal with. The one thing that will bother some people is that you will have constant background noise from the I-405. Even though I am a light sleeper, this noise did not bother my sleep at all because it is just a background lull -- pretend it's the sound of the ocean.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travelerBobDc
Scott1111, Front Office Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Hello travelerBobDc,

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location convenient to the places you visited around LA. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Basically, where the hotel lacks in physical amenities, the employees make up for by being nice, courteous, and sincere in their efforts to solve problems and make your stay enjoyable. The rooms are not large but they are modern and comfortable. The highway noise can be unbearable, if you open the balcony window. Half of this Hotel provides guest an awesome view of the city and beaches. The other side is just highway and hillside. Overall, a good value for the money and conveniently located to highway access. In closing The Hotel Angeleno has the ambitions of a Mandarin Oriental, unfortunately it is trapped in the body of an old Landmark Hotel. Lower your expectations and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2014
Thank T. M. S

Hello T. M. S,

Thank you for the positive feedback on our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you found our staff to be nice, courteous, and sincere. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Very much enjoyed my stay here. The hotel is not in the most quiet location- right next to a large highway, but the hotel does it's best to provide a semblance of seclusion. The rooms are not very large, but they are well-arranged, clean, and the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept it. The pool area is quite nice with a large fireplace and seating area, and I loved the free wine happy hour. We had a great meal at the restaurant, which is on the top floor of the hotel and has amazing views of L.A.

Definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking for an affordable and stylish place to stay in L.A. Only downside is the location on the expressway- you can't walk anywhere, but I guess this is typical of the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello OliviaP8,

Thank you for the nice compliments regarding our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our rooms to be clean and well-arranged, and the bed comfortable. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

The staff was very friendly. The valet was nice and speedy. The lobby had a free wine hour which is always a good touch. The rooms were a bit small and the bathroom doors are sliding doors and do not close all the way. Does not provide much privacy. The bar on the top floor was lovely and had a spectacular view. A hidden gem of the hotel. The location is alright. Not a terribly long drive to most areas of LA. However, there is nothing to do that is within walking distance. Overall, a nice stay though.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Hello Danielle B,

Thank you for the nice compliments regarding our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be very friendly and the valet to be speedy. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Staff is very friendly, amenities are new and clean, room service is timely, comfortable room and good products. I would for sure stay here again for the price. Especially liked the location near the 405 between Santa Monica and Hollywood area.

Room was noisy due to traffic but the hotel moved upon my request. Very efficient and service-minded.
One last note which is important for an expensive city like LA. This hotel offers free valet which is efficient enough.

Room Tip: Ask for view of the Ocean, not the city. Less noisy Spa and breakfast got 'terrible' review...
1  Thank HoochBrenner

Hello HoochBrenner,

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our rooms, services, and location convenient for your needs. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 28, 2014

LA traffic is a nightmare and when we come to this city on business we end up staying here because we have everything under one roof. A great property, nice rooms, a kick-butt lounge and restaurant on the top floor, an incredible pool area with a fire pit. What tops everything is the staff at this place. Cara, the host at the wine hour was very kind and fun. Give this a place a try and I bet you will always come back. We do!

Filmmakers
Dan & Deb

Room Tip: Ask to face the South
1  Thank FishTale2014

Hello Dan & Deb,

Thank you for the nice compliments regarding our hotel. I'm glad you had the opportunity to enjoy the our poolside fireplace, the West Restaurant, and the complimentary wine hour. I will certainly share your compliments with Cara and the rest of the team. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I travel a lot for business and most hotels are fine--but Hotel Angeleno was exceptional! All of the staff I interacted with were great--from valet parking, front desk staff, restaurant staff, and others--the maid even left me a new tube of toothpaste because she saw I was running out. The location was very cool--once my meetings were done for the day, I was able to get up to the Getty Center on the mountain behind the hotel for an afternoon of art and beauty (and hotel shuttle brought me back, too). Restaurant food was delicious--we loved it so much that my group chose to eat there four times instead of going out (which normally would never happen unless the food was excellent)--and views of LA were beautiful from the restaurant as well. Overall, I got back more refreshed from my business trip than if I had taken a vacation. Wow!

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the nicer the view; maybe ask for one that isn't directly over the highway

Hello KirstenP706,

Thank you for the kind words regarding your experience our hotel. I'm glad to hear that our services made your business trip feel more refreshing than a vacation. We hope to see you again soon!