1,912 results
All reviewstop floorwest restaurantgetty museumfree valet parkingfront deskfreeway sidesanta monicaholiday inncomplimentary winesunset blvdwine hourbeverly hillsroad noisebel airmile radiusucla campusroom service
Reviewed February 13, 2014

First off the people who work here are fantastic. A special thanks to Josef, Miesha and Logan. The hotel treated us like we were family. They help us with all of our requests and needs. I would gladly recommend this Hotel for anyone to stay if they like to be treated like royalty.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Scott1111, Front Office Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Hello hesperiapawn,

Thank you for the kind words regarding your experience our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed the royal treatment. I will certainly share your compliments with Josef, Miesha, Logan and the rest of the team. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 13, 2014

We have been at this hotel for the past eight days whilst visiting LA for a family gathering. The hotel rooms are comfortable and and well serviced but there is no mini-bar in the room. There are tea/ coffee making facilities in the room with coffee bags but only one (earl grey) tea bag provided each day (very odd).
Our bed has been very comfortable and the decor is very pleasant.
There is a cafe down in the lobby area that is quite well stocked and is open until about 7.30 pm.
The staff in the restaurant through the day have been great and one of the doormen downstairs has always been very friendly. The people who service the room are friendly and always have a smile.
Over-all, the stay has been fine but lacking the friendly, warm service that we were expecting. Some staff have been great whilst some have been quite under-enthusiastic so service has been a bit inconsistent.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carolyn A

Hello Carolyn A,

Thank you for the nice compliments regarding our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We recently removed the mini-bars from the rooms since we now provide food and beverage services 24 hours a day via room service, including the offerings from the Lobby Cafe. I apologize for any inconvenience but hope that our guests will prefer the new and improved services. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Angeleno for 4 nights just this weekend. This hotel is just wonderful. From the moment I stepped into the lobby to check in to the moment I picked up my car to leave the hotel, the experience was top notch.

Check in was easy and the front desk staff just rocks!! The rate included hotel tax AND free valet parking which is the deal of the century.

The room was wonderful. A lot of people have commented that the room was small but I thought it was a perfect size. The bed was comfy, the bathroom was delightful and everything you could want was right there for me. The noise from the freeway was not bad at all and I never had any trouble getting a good night's sleep.

The bar/restaurant on the 17th floor is truly a find for sure. What a spectacular view and the daily happy hour from 4-7 offers a good selection of wine and cocktails and some very yummy bites. This is a great place for locals to take out of town visitors for sure.

I used to live in this neighborhood when I live in Los Angeles so I knew my way around and it was great. Oh and did I mention the free local shuttle, that will whisk you anywhere within a 3 mile radius AND pick you up too to take you back.

I lived in Los Angeles for 12 years and it was so great to come back to such a wonderful spot. I was very sad to have to leave, but you can bet that from now on, when I visit Los Angles, I will be staying at the Angeleno for sure.

Thanks you, Hotel Angeleno for making my visit back to LA such a wonderful one.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Hello ZekeandZoe,

Thank you for the kind words regarding your experience our hotel. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the courtesy shuttle service, as well as the daily Happy Hour at the West Restaurant. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit back to LA!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I would recommend staying at this hotel if you can afford to fork out $30 per person for breakfast every morning or don't mind walking 4km and back for food.

Unfortunately, my travel agent thought that this hotel was a perfect location for access to Hollywood, Universal Studios etc. But it is not - that's not against the hotel, just a warning for other travellers that it cost my friend and I $40 one way to Hollywood from the hotel. The hotel is next to the Getty Centre, but nothing else.

I was in a room facing the freeway and the noise didn't bother me.

The outdoor area was lovely and cosy with the fire going.

Staff were friendly and always very helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 4078andbeyond

Hello 4078andbeyond,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our poolside fireplace and the friendly service provided by our staff. I also apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced during your stay. We are pleased to offer our guests the option of ordering breakfast via Room Service, dining in the West Restaurant, or simply choosing from an assortment of items from our Lobby Cafe, including pastries and yogart parfaits.

I'd also like to apologize for any confusion your travel agent may have had. Los Angeles is certainly a very big city and attractions are spread all around. Universal Studios is located in the northeast, while our hotel is on the west side, and more central to visiting sites like the Getty, Beverly Hills and the beach cities like Santa Monica, Malibu and Venice, and about half the distance to LAX airport.

Please feel free to contact our hotel directly for information. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

A sisters weekend brought me to LA, and the Hotel Angeleno did not disappoint. For the price, I don't think better accommodations can be found, and we were greatly impressed by the friendliness of the staff.

We did not have any issues with road noise or noisy neighbors--it was blissfully quiet each and every night!

The valet parking is excellent and is a good value.

Although we planned to use the lovely heated pool area, we missed our chance as we were on the go day and night.

Our only glitch was the $25 food and beverage credit available on tripadvisor. We showed our paperwork at check in, but upon checkout had to have the credit added to the final bill as it didn't happen automatically.

Should we find ourselves in LA, we will definitely consider staying here again. It is very conveniently located and a comfortable, friendly property!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank ght0314

Hello PDXreviewer,

Thank you for the nice compliments regarding our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you and your sisters enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize for the mixup with your $25 food credit and will certainly follow up with the team. We hope to see you again soon!