“Bring back the mini-bar!”
Review of Hotel Angeleno

Hotel Angeleno
Ranked #45 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Newport Beach California
“Bring back the mini-bar!”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I have stayed at the Hotel Angeleno now several times because it is such a great location and value for the money. However, last time I was there on Thanksgiving night, I noticed that the mini bar and snack tray had been removed. When I inquired about this, I was told the had decided to no longer provide these services. Too bad! I like this hotel but not having ANY options for eating or drinking in the room is a deal breaker for me. It makes the room seem like the low rent district. I told management and they sent over a huge "bucket" of ice (since even the ice bucket has been removed) although maybe by mistake! this is a shame since the staff is very friendly and the Hotel provides free local transportation and free parking too. Not sure if I will be going back there.

Room Tip: Go as high up as you can and ask for a city view. You wont be disappointed! If you want quiet, ask f...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Scott1111, Front Office Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Hello bOnniejOy,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay during the Thanksgiving holiday. I apologize for any inconveniences caused by the recent removal of the honor bars from the rooms. This change was part of our new and exciting plans to expand our food and beverage services. Our café will soon remain open 24 hours a day, giving our guests access to a greater variety of drinks, snacks, and sundries than was originally available in the honor bar. We should be ready for all-day service by your next visit. Hope to see you again soon!

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
  • Finnish first
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed December 18, 2013

My trip was business and pleasure. Hotel Angeleno helped to make entire stay, one of comfort and joy. The rooms are small but very well designed. Each room has a small balcony and the view from mine was spectacular. Valet parking was complimentary. The staff, including the valet team was wonderful. Everyone was friendly and eager to help me. The Hotel is lovely and well appointed, I was pleased with the property however it was the staff that made my stay truly special.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Hello velVetdeB,

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding our hotel. Our team certainly makes every effort to provide a special experience for all of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Oakland, California
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Needed a room for a short weekend event so booked through a discount site. Don't let the small sized rooms distract you because they are well designed, neat and clean. The hotel offers complementary valet parking. Access to the freeway is easy but be sure to secure a room on the street side vs the freeway side. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013
Hello kwm50,

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your weekend stay with us. We hope to see you again soon during the next event.

Naples, Florida, United States
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Angeleno in October for 2 weeks during my recovery from surgery at UCLA. The entire staff is so friendly and accommodating. Walter, which was in the engineer/maintenance dept went out of his way to get me a fridge and micro because of my long length of stay and I was unable to leave my room. He even brought me a welcome snack from the restaurant after surgery. Logan is great and was always there with a smile and asked how I was feeling throughout my stay. The entire front desk staff is great as well. The housekeeping are great and friendly as well. The rooms are comparable to an upscale hotel...beds are very comfortable and linens are top of the line. I love that each room had a balcony and the pool with the fireplace is great as well. I would love to see a hot tub though in the back corner near the fitness center though:) (hint hint )
Also they have their own shuttle van than will take you to UCLA are at no charge. I didn't use the service because I had a car but they always offered to take me.
See you Hotel Angeleno in January when I have to go back to UCLA.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor over looking the pool and I liked that view. I know they offer better views f...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hello Sheri J,

Thank you for the kind words regarding your experience our hotel. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your recovery time here. I will certainly share your compliments with Walter, Logan, and the rest of the team. I've added a request for a mini-refrigerator and microwave to be set up in the room again for your reservation in January. See you next month!

Yukon, Oklahoma
Reviewed December 10, 2013

First time at this historic property and what a great experience. Very friendly staff, and large rooms by LA standards very close to the highway (but not too close) with a great rooftop restaurant and valet parking. There is also a nice Café/Mini convenience store with even friendlier staff.

I highly recommend the 17th Floor restaurant for the view and the food. I also would grab a room on the west side (away from the highway) they are nice and quiet.

Bring your snacks as this is the only hotel I have stayed in that has no vending machines. Be sure and hit the café when it is open as they have a good supply of commercial and homemade items.

They also do a wine tasting which is a very nice touch.

Room Tip: Stay away from the highway.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Scott1111, Front Office Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Hello JohnnyReb007,

Thank you for the recommendations regarding our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Let me take this opportunity to mention that we are currently working out the details for expanding our café and food service hours to remain open 24 hours a day, giving our guests access to snacks and sundries any time. We should have that ready by your next visit. See you again soon!

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stayed here last week on a business trip.
I had a great experience! My room was a little small but it had a beautiful view of Los Angeles. There was free valet parking as well as a wine tasting in the lobby every night.
The staff was very friendly including Logan and Cara.
The hotel, being 2 miles away from UCLA, is in a great location. I recommend staying here!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Hello Bill f,

Thank you for the kind words regarding your experience our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed our daily complimentary Wine Hour, and were able to take advantage of our close proximity to UCLA. I will certainly share your compliments with Logan, Cara, and the rest of the team. See you again soon!

Hangzhou
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I was visiting family with my brother and father for Thanksgiving right down the road. The Hotel Angeleno's service was excellent. I want to thank Cara and the rest of the lobby staff for making this such an enjoyable stay. Their Beds are extremely comfortable. We enjoyed the scenic views overlooking Westwood as we had breakfast in the restaurant on the top floor. Their Eggs Benedict is delicious. While we were their they were holding free wine tastings every evening.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Scott1111, Front Office Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Hello Matty-IceHZ,

Thank you for the positive feedback on your experience at our hotel. I'm glad you found our beds to be comfortable, and that had the opportunity to enjoy breakfast up at the West Restaurant. The view is pretty nice from up there. I will certainly share your kind words with Cara and the team. See you again soon!