“Pleasant stay in LA”
Review of Hotel Angeleno

Hotel Angeleno
Ranked #48 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed here for three nights. The hotel is in a convenient location to access the main museums and attractions, and the area feels safe. Onsite parking is via valet service, so don't make the mistake we did and self-park as you will probably get politely told off!

The rooms are decorated to a high standard, the beds are comfortable and the shower good. You are also likely to get a good view of the city on the higher floors. However, the hotel is next to the freeway and the traffic noise is constant (bring a pair of ear plugs if you have trouble sleeping).

We ate dinner at the restaurant twice, as the food is very good if a little pricey. However, we were slightly dissapointed that you have to pay for breakfast.

This is a good place to stay in the city and we would recommend it.

1  Thank Claire H
Scott1111, Front Office Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Hello Claire H,

Thank you for the positive comments on our hotel. I apologize for any confusion with the parking. For everyone's safety and security, we found it best to keep parking valet-only, and we are happy to offer it as a free service for guests staying in the hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope you had a good time visiting the local museums and attractions. See you again soon!

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,815)

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Very cool hotel with some creative interiors. The view from the restaurant is very pretty. I stayed there for 3 nights and everything went very smoothly - rooms were clean, service attentive, staff at the reception desk friendly.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Marek i Ania J

Hello Marek i Ania J,

I'm glad to see that your stay with us went so well. Thank you for the compliments about our hotel and our staff service. See you again soon!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I Was at vacation in California with my wife and we stat 3 Night at this hotel. Service Was in top and room clean. Parring Was free hat not are normal in Los angels. If you should say some negative Then there are a little noice from the higway.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Hello Palle L,

Thank you for the positive feedback on our hotel. I'm you and your wife enjoyed your stay, and that you were able to take advantage of our free valet parking. I don't know of any other hotels that offer that in this area. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

The hotel is just above average (and there are elements of it that are becoming tired and need attention). But the staff - and in particular Edith at the front desk and Carlos who runs the valet service - are sharp, resourceful, warm and welcoming. I feel recognized when I return here and I always know that I only need to ring Edith if I need anything done.

I believe that it's under new management and I have to say that I feel some corners being cut now. But the one thing that hasn't changed - and that keeps me coming back - is the treatment I get from the staff.

Room Tip: Always ask for a room that faces away from the freeway (and if possible on a higher floor).
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Scott1111, Front Office Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Hello Bob E,

Thank you for the feedback on your stay at our hotel. Our staff makes every effort to provide a special experience for all of our guests and I will certainly share your compliments with Edith, Carlos and the rest of the team.

See you again soon!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

It's a very modern hotel that looked like it just sprouted out of the freeway. The only plus is it is very close to the Getty museum. We checked in late and I felt like we were shoved at the least desirable rooms, there was construction and were facing right at the site which has a very bright light at night. We were traveling with family who visited from out of state and I felt like it was not the right place to stay

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank marion93722

Hello bzeebee,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I'm sorry to hear that we did not have a room location more to your liking available due to your late arrival. Our hotel is often at full occupancy, so please feel free to contact us in advance to request a specific room location for your future reservations. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Hotel is ok. Not luxury, but clean, and not bad. I would rate it 3.5 stars. Miesha at the front desk was great and very helpful with tiny requests.

Cons: Location is in the middle of nowhere. There is also construction going on and difficult to travel through. Also the washroom flush is very loud and violent (makes you jump)!

Pros: Free wifi and valet, the staff is great.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Hello Jessie L,

Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. I'm glad to hear that Miesha was able to accommodate your needs and I will share your comments with her and the rest of the team. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

west restaurant upstairs is great, very nice views of los angeles and good food. nice place to lounge and have some drinks and enjoy the city views. people are friendly, and hotel looks very nice. good place to stay in la, location is ideal to get around

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello b088y,

Thank you for the positive feedback on our hotel and the West Restaurant. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the food, drinks, and views. Hope to see you again soon!