Hotel Angeleno
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$426
Omni Hotels
$560
$116
$104
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$129
  • Restaurant
The Beverly Hills Hotel(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
$945
$289
$202
Hotels.com
1,854 results
All reviewstop floorwest restaurantgetty museumfree valet parkingfront deskfreeway sidesanta monicaoutdoor fireplaceholiday inncomplimentary winewine hoursunset blvdbeverly hillsroad noisebel airucla campusmile radius
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I chose this hotel based on a family members recommendation and trip advisor reviews. This hotel is located right off the 405 and Sunset Blvd. It was conveniently located if you are planning on doing the tourist stuff in LA. It was easy to get to the Santa Monica Pier, Malibu, Dodgers Stadium, most Studio tours, Hollywood blvd. and the Sunset Strip. After our departure I did hear that the 405 near the hotel was going to be closed for construction for a while. You might want to ask the hotel prior to booking about this so it doesn't cause some major inconveniences.

The rooms were clean, the pool area had a modern cool California feel, workout facility was clean and staff was friendly. There are only minor complaints I have. The bathroom area was very small for a family of 4 and the door to the toilet/shower area was a frosted glass. It is a little strange to see the shadow of someone sitting on the toilet. We tried to respect others space and not go in that area when someone was in there.I think a curtain on the door glass would be great. By no means is that a reason to not stay here. It was just a personal observation. Our room was facing the 405 with non-stop traffic. The noise never bothered me especially when the air conditioner was on ( and I'm a light sleeper). There was a small balcony to stand on but not big enough to have a chair on. If you had the balcony doors open it was very noisy.

A really nice bonus for this hotel is that on Friday & Saturdays they advertise a pool BBQ for only $12.99 per person. Another bonus was wine hour. They gave guests full glasses of wine and let you have as many as you wanted. I also recommend taking the time to enjoy a drink or two on the top floor bar. It has a great view.

If this hotel is in the area you are looking and the price is right, go for it!

Room Tip: If you don't want to be on the freeway side, you might want to request a room on the back side of the freeway. Higher rooms also give you a nice view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jamann
Scott1111, Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear jamann

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel, our barbecue and complimentary wine hour. Both are a great way to meet our guests!. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

BRilliant location at a great price. Great rooms, great service. We stayed here 5 nights at the end of a 3 week california tour. We were so busy in LA that we didnt experience the pool or restaurant. The location on SUnset and near to the facilities of Westwood make it a great place to stay. Staff excellent and very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Ian C

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about our staff and rooms. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Excellent customer service, friendly and helpful staff, the hotel is nice and clean, comfortable and spacious rooms, very accessible location to I 405, the free parking and Wi-Fi makes the rate very competitive. I will definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Marta A

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about our 'friendly and helpful' staff.' We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stayed here with my family for a couple of days and was actually pleasantly surprised that I had a good overall experience. The reason being is that my spouse selected this hotel but didn't read the reviews about the traffic noise.

However I was surprised that we didn't experience this issue at all. We of course were facing the pool/spa area away from the 405 which helped minimize the noise. We also were only on fourth floor. I have to say that the free wine happy hour in the lobby was a nice touch, also the FREE valet was a nice touch although I didn't have a problem parking the rental but it was a nice touch and of course for LA free parking is a nice touch.

The other big plus for this hotel is the flip side of being so close the freeway is that getting in and out of the area is rather fast and painless, even with Carmageddon happening when I stayed there.

Room service meals were nothing to write home about, but overall the hotel is actually in a good location to hop in and out of local LA attractions. For a semi-boutique hotel it was a good overall experience.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the lower floor that faces the pool/spa area.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear TravelVA

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

While in LA, this is a nice place to stay. The price is right. The hotel is good, only the shower head is a bit old... The restaurant at the top has a nice view and the food is pretty good. Will stay again at that place.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear BR_Houston

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel and West, our restaurant. I will look into the shower head looking old, as I have not heard that before. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.