“everything is superb except location by freeway and tiny rooms”
Review of Hotel Angeleno

Hotel Angeleno
Ranked #47 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Jacksonville, Florida
“everything is superb except location by freeway and tiny rooms”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

i used to live in LA and passed this freeway every day on the way to work for years and years. now i live in florida and went to LA for a vacation. i knew the city so searched for hours for the best deal and part of town. for the price of this room the other hotels were shabby run down motels in worst part of town. i knew then that they offered lower prices to compensate for the freeway noise and tiny room size - at least that's what it appeared. i knew that with the AC running it would not be bad and this is a great part of town so it was good for me. however if you are looking for that relaxing vacation do not stay here, it is almost like staying and driving in times square - the area is very very complicated driving - even for me who drove these roads for 17 years. the parking lot is tight and busy and stressful, even with valet - the hotel entrance is almost right off one of the most busy freeway ramps in the city so you will have people tailgating and driving all directions. with that said, once you get your car to the valet and get in the hotel, it is much better. when i first walked into the room we were shocked at the tiny size but it was really clean and nice looking and we knew we were here just to sleep so it did not matter. however now that i know this the next time i will stay at my 2nd choice and that is the sportsmens lodge hotel in studio city (another great deal for price and that one is more quiet and like a resort hotel).

Room Tip: i asked for a room facing away from the freeway and they used the excuse that they were fully booked...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank joe c
Scott1111, Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear joe c

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel. We love the word 'superb!' We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (478)
  • Finnish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Angeleno following the AIDS Life Cycle in June. After cycling 545 miles over 7 days, I was on a short fuse and ready for some down time. I had booked Angeleno based on a recommendation from the ALC and was truly delighted. Not only is the hotel very clean, nicely appointed and full of nice amenities, most important -- the Staff was terrific. They really know customer service. From the time I booked to the time I checked out, everyone bar none was ready and willing to provide great service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear jimbosfo

Congratulations on finishing the ride!

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about our customer service and hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hopefully we will see you next year, if not before.

No.Calif
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel is really a gem with a location that's perfect for visiting the UCLA/Brentwood/Beverly Hills area. As a returning guest, the friendly and very helpful staff, including Elijah, Miesha and Chris, make me feel like this is my home away from home. The reasonably priced rooms are clean and well-appointed with very comfy bed, nice linen, excellent toiletries. The West Restaurant & Lounge serves excellent food & drinks on the top floor with incredible views. There is a very nice Happy Hour serving free wine in the lobby. Room service is very professional, friendly and the delivery is prompt. But my favorite part is the free shuttle that takes me into Westwood and up to the Getty Museum. Thank you Hotel Angeleno for also being a sponsor hotel for AidsLifecycle. See you next year, my friends.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear RoubaixRider

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about our staff, happy hour, and hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. We look forward to seeing you again next year.

San Diego, California
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

The staff here could not have been more wonderful from the valet to Edith at the front desk.. Our second time here and we would stay here again. The location is always under construction but if you can deal with some traffic it is a good location.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Janice S

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about Edith and the hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

San Diego, California
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel purely for the convenience of being next door to the Getty Museum. When we arrived at the hotel we left our new Prius with the parking attendant, the only option available. The next morning, upon departure the car was brought around to us with a fresh dent on the passenger door. When I pointed it out to the attendant he said it was pre-existing. He further shared that before they park a car they identify all damage and list it on the claim ticket. Well, in the future I think it would be more responsible to identify all damage with the owner present. I am angry that a reputable hotel would have such a dishonest practice. I hope no one has to experience what I am going through. I just received notice that a private investigation( that I was not aware of) concludes that I am responsible, not the parking co.!!

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LaJolla3160
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Despite it's rather isolated location, Hotel Angeleno is a nice L.A. option for the price. The staff, especially my man Riley at the front desk, is fun, efficient and friendly and the rooms, though on the smaller side, are modern and well-appointed. All-in-all, make sure this hotel is on your radar when you're in the rea.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Scott1111, Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear J R

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel and Riley. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We booked this hotel on hotwire so we didn't know which one we'd get until we purchased teh 2 nights. This hotel is in a good location if you have a car, if you don't you can't really walk to any place, but I believe the have shuttles. The valet parking is nice and the people are fast and helpful.
We were disappointed that the pool was closed for some event the whole Friday, we should have been made aware of this. We were on vacation and would have loved to go to the pool.
The rooms are good, not large but good and clean and comfortable. The balconies are super small but at least they have them which is a plus. The noise from 405 is kind of annoying.
Check in was fast, and the gentleman was very nice. We asked for a 30 min late checkout as we were running late and they didn't give it to us.
Overall this is an ok place, we also stayed at the hyatt regency in century city during this trip and that so much nicer. The price wasn't outrageously higher either.

Room Tip: Higher level rooms might have less noise.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott1111, Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear SK428ma

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.