“Not bad” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #46 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
Boston, Massachusetts
“Not bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

We booked this hotel on hotwire so we didn't know which one we'd get until we purchased teh 2 nights. This hotel is in a good location if you have a car, if you don't you can't really walk to any place, but I believe the have shuttles. The valet parking is nice and the people are fast and helpful.
We were disappointed that the pool was closed for some event the whole Friday, we should have been made aware of this. We were on vacation and would have loved to go to the pool.
The rooms are good, not large but good and clean and comfortable. The balconies are super small but at least they have them which is a plus. The noise from 405 is kind of annoying.
Check in was fast, and the gentleman was very nice. We asked for a 30 min late checkout as we were running late and they didn't give it to us.
Overall this is an ok place, we also stayed at the hyatt regency in century city during this trip and that so much nicer. The price wasn't outrageously higher either.

Room Tip: Higher level rooms might have less noise.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear SK428ma

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (467)
  • Finnish first
Skokie, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights after having visited for 1 night 3 weeks earlier (I scoped out the hotel for an event I would be coordinating with UCLA). Staff including Edith (front desk) and Brian (shuttle driver extraordinaire) remembered me and, again provided excellent service. I also want to single out Maritza (cleaning) whom I did not personally meet but who was also exceptional. To my pleasant surprise, on returning to my room one night i found a note from her indicating she had noticed I was running low on toothpaste and so she had taken the initiative to provide me with a replacement!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jeff S

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about Brian, Edith, and Maritza. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We arrived at Hotel Angeleno after an 8 hour car ride. By this time my boyfriend and I were tired and at each other's throats. One man, however, saved the day. Joseph greeted us warmly and quickly put us in a better mood. He checked us in but we had another surprise in store...they were sold out of the King rooms. Oh dear! But Joseph, again, put us two at ease..by upgrading us to a suite! That kind of thing never happens to us so we thought about it...for like a millisecond..and then quickly relished in our roles of being high rollers! I'm a Marriott member but we'll be staying here the next time we stay in LA. Free valet? Lovely decor? Great rooms? Sold! But having employees like Joseph? Icing on the cake!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Jax45431

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about Joseph and the hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. It sounds like we will be seeing you again soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel before a day and i liked it so much, the location itself was near everything u want in LA, the pool and exercise room were comfy and relax. If i come back i will highly stay in it.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Tahanith

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for three wonderful nights and I really enjoyed my stay.

The staff:
A helpful , friendly, always smiling staff.

The room:
The room was in the 14th floor. It was so clean and comfy...

The price :
$130 per night. With a free valet parking.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Salloumha

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the staff and hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Pacifica, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

I won a silent auction that included a 2 night hotel stay at Hotel Angeleno. I called before hand to make sure the coupon (which I won almost 4 years ago) was still good. They told me there was no expiration date and so I booked the room. I also asked about the valet parking and if there was a charge because I was meeting up with a friend and we would each have a car. The lady over the phone told me if the guests are staying at the hotel then the valet is free and added his name to my room. When I arrived I let the valet know about my friend coming. He said there was going to be a $25 charge for each night. I was appalled and dreaded calling my friend to say after a long drive and renting a car he was going to be charged an extra $50. I spoke to the hotel staff and explained that I made it clear when I booked the room that there was going to be two of us with separate vehicles. The staff was great and waved the fee for the second car. When I got into my room the phone was not working so I went back downstairs and they quickly placed us in another room. Elijah and Chris were awesome and extremely helpful with answering my questions and making sure my friend got to the room ok. The hotel is on the freeway which made it convenient getting to the places we went. You can hear the cars at night but it is kind of soothing. The room was clean and I loved the soap, shampoo/conditioner, and lotion they supplied. We had a great trip and I would definitely stay here again if I was in the area. Thanks again Elijah and Chris for your sense of humor and excellent customer service.

Room Tip: Higher is better.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Karin M

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about Elijah, Chris and the hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Sedona, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

We recently stayed at the Hotel Angeleno, for the first time, and it was a pleasant stay for what we intended; for the long weekend. We needed a place that had easy access, a great atmosphere, great service, great views, great food (restaurant and room service) and lively bar. We were not intending on hanging out at the hotel very much at all, but wanted the option to kick back and feel good about the room, and hotel atmosphere. What made our stay above average is that for everything we asked of them they “tried” and did accommodate us. It was nice to get solid service and feel like the employees cared about delivering it. It started with Edith who checked us in. First impressions mean a lot, and she is the whole reason we stayed, and ended up extending our stay. She did what she could and did it with professionalism. But it didn't stop there. From the new employee that showed us a suite, to the utility man that fixed a sticking deadbolt, to the server that took our room service call and delivered it personally - everyone "tried", and did exceed our expectations. The hotel is nice, with great views. It has great amenities and lots of character. I feel the location is actually convenient for active couples. We visit LA often and Hotel Angeleno offers quick access to 405 N and S, when leaving; and when arriving, it is easy to get to, from the airport, or from any adventure you might be coming back from. What you lack in not being able to walk to many places is easily made up (especially if you are driving) by the convenience of all the surrounding areas: Malibu, Hollywood, Brentwood, Santa Monica, etc., etc. Sometimes we valet our car 4 or 5 times in a day. The valet staff is a dream to work with. The room we stayed in was not a suite but it was very comfortable. The view was totally great and of course being able to walk out onto the balcony to get some air/sun was great. The room had a wedge shape (due to the circular shape of the hotel) and though not large at all, felt very comfortable. This is an understatement, but the king-sized bed was very good; what you would, in the least, expect in this caliber of hotel. The bathroom had a sliding barn-type door; wasn’t too crazy about it, but I understand why the designer chose it. The shower was a walk-in, tiled stall with one side glass (no door) and large shower head. We loved the Molton Brown body soap, shampoo and conditioner (mounted bottles), and that was one of my favorite things about the stay. We do so much running around, and stop in and out of the hotel, that I sometimes take 2 or 3 quick showers a day. The Molton Brown products smelled great, yet neutral. They had all the properties and qualities of products we've used at high-end spas, and it was a treat to have them in our shower; totally unexpected and perfect for a couple of crazy kiddos celebrating their anniversary. So the other really nice thing about Hotel Angeleno was the restaurant and bar on the top floor. I've eaten and enjoyed a cocktail or 3 there in the past (at night) and it was always so cooooool. They always have great music and great looking people there. This time during our stay, we got to see it in the daytime, for breakfast, and I had to be dragged out of there. What an amazingly nice restaurant and bar. Our waiter was very nice and yes, he "tried" and did exceed our expectations as well. The food? It's what you would expect at that caliber of hotel. The amazing thing is that we ran into a lot of people in the hotel and everyone seemed to pick up or ooze the vibe of Hotel Angeleno, which to me was “hip, cool and the place to be.” That's not a line, and none of my business to explain who we met and what they were doing there;) In conclusion we were granted a checkout extension so that we could finish watching the in-room movie (which I ordered from my smart phone - sweet!) and finish eating our room-service breakfast. We called down to have our SRX brought to the front, and when we pulled away from the Hotel Angeleno, we looked at each other with eyebrows raised and said, "One more night?" We didn't even get to try the free wine hour, the workout room, the private swimming pool, or nightly Martini event. Suppose we'll do that on the next stay.

Room Tip: Choose rooms opposite the freeway if you get a choice. I feel the higher up the floor is, the less t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 369Firehorse369

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about Edith, the restaurant, and the hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. It sounds like we will be seeing you again soon! We will make sure to have the wine ready.