“bring ear plugs!!! lovely hotel”
Review of Hotel Angeleno

Hotel Angeleno
Ranked #45 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Cork Ireland
“bring ear plugs!!! lovely hotel”
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

gorgeous hotel but right on the freeway. my husband booked it on bookings.com when i arrived i reminded the receptionist that it was our honeymoon. she said we got a lovely room overlooking bel air & Beverly hills, omitted to state the noisey freeway which was a joke! plus the pool was not accessible so all in all being on.honeymoon didn't matter. very disappointing.
bar staff were lovely and valet staff. shame about everything else!

• Stayed April 2013
Dear YveyCorkIreland

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel. I apologize for the pool being be closed for upgrades during your visit. It is back open and looking even better. I hope you had a wonderful honeymoon! Hope to see you again soon.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
  • Finnish first
Robbinsville, New Jersey
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed there in April 2013, thanks for the tip given to us by a local friend. Very nice and clean hotel, excellent customer service - from front desk to room service to maid service. Very nice restaurant "West" on the 17th floor, with panoramic view of LA and on the clear weather you can see ocean from up there. Getty Center right next to the hotel and it's on the corner of Sunset Blvd. So overall we are very happy with our selection.
As far as noise - we would agree, there some highway noise, a specialy now with widenning I-405 and almost non-stop construction. But thats the price you have to pay for being in the location with quick access to the highway. And noise didn't really bothered us. It's there but not to the point that you can't sleep or do your normal activities.

Room Tip: We asked to be away from highway, probably helps with a noise a little bit.
Dear hagani

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about our customer service and restaurant. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Panama City, Panama
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel many times over the years. If you shop around for deals at hotels in LA, you always have to look at what other hotels charge for valet service and wifi. This hotel includes it in the price of the room so it can be a savings of $50 or more per night, depending on the hotel. Plus, the restaurant and bar on the top floor is good quality without regard to ordering a snack with beers or a complete dinner with wine. I highly recommend this hotel especially if you have business on the Westside.

Room Tip: I'd request a higher floor as the lower floors can be noisy since it's close to the freeway.
Dear AirDumas

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel and for mentioning our complimentary wifi and valet. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Needed a hotel for one night close by to LAX and remembered the Angeleno Hotel at 405 and Sunset Blvd. My stay was excellent in every imaginable category, from the front door, room, restaurant, valet, front desk, etc.

This is my new LA home while here on business. Really exceeded my expectation. I had stayed here previously several times during the past 8 years.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing west...
1 Thank CraigBS
Dear CraigBS

We are thrilled to be your new LA Home!

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. See you soon.

london
Reviewed April 20, 2013

this is the worst hotel trip I have ever made - first valet scratch my car then will not admit liability. second the hotel were meant to issue me with hypoallergenic pillows which following three days of requests only just arrived, hotel management were rude, unhelpful and accusatory.

third the freeway exit was closed putting 1 hour on my trip back to the hotel on a nightly basis.

generally the staff were lovely and helpful however the valet and front desk management spoiled what otherwise would have been a perfect hotel.

i have terrible allergies have been unable to sleep due to this and the constant hum of the freeway, this is not a 4 star hotel - I would suggest staying somewhere else.

Room Tip: If you have allergies keep requesting hypoallergenic pillows
Los Gatos, California
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I booked through hotwire but a friend stayed and the same time and booked directly. No unpleasant surprises or charges. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I took advantage of a wine tasting they offerred in late afternoon. Large well equipped room. My only complaint is also a feature. Right next tot the freeway so easy access to anywhere in West LA. Nothing interesting within walking distance and the freeway noise delayed falling asleep by a few minutes. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Barry C

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about our complimentary wine hour and about our staff. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Slovakia
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I booked this accommodation on the basis of its star rating, but it was far above than that. Amazing décor of the rooms, lovely staff, and delicious food all was beyond my expectations. Services were very prompt and staff was very polite all the times. Staying here was really a lovely experience and I would highly recommend it.

1 Thank Jaroslav M
Dear Jaroslav M

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about our staff and food. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.