“Good choice for the right rate.”
Review of Hotel Angeleno

Hotel Angeleno
Ranked #44 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
Lacombe, Canada
“Good choice for the right rate.”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

The Angeleno is RIGHT on the 405 - so once you get over that, everything else about this hotel makes it a good choice while staying in LA. I gave it a shot, and to be honest, the traffic noise didn't disrupt or detract from sleep. The pluses of the place are that the beds are AMAZINGLY comfy, each room has a balcony, the decor is aesthetically pleasing, there is free and SUPER fast valet parking (thanks, guys! you were the best!!), reliable WIFI, I felt safe staying as a single woman traveling solo, and it is really easy to get to just about anywhere in the greater Los Angeles area with the Angeleno as your home base.

I appreciated the housekeeping staff - my room was spotless every day, but the carpet wasn't fully kicked tight so was a little trippy (literally) and there was an issue with the safe door staying shut. Minor details, but for a 3.5 star hotel in LA, these details do matter.

The pool was shut for the entire duration of my stay, which was a MAJOR bummer. Guests were permitted to use the pool at Luxe across the street which was thoughtful and appreciated if not inconvenient to get to. I didn't realize how loud it was at the Angeleno until I was set up in a cabana amongst the garden pool at Luxe. For the difference in cost between the two properties, I still think I made the right choice by staying at the Angeleno. Will I stay there again, though? Probably NOT, based solely on the amount of comparable boutique hotels in LA in quieter locales at similar price points. I booked through expedia and got my room at a really great rate, so it was kind of a no brainer.

I didn't dine at the hotel, but did order room service once. For $35 for a cheeseburger, fries and a bottle of beer...it tasted more like guilt than medium well charbroiled beef. But that's the price you pay for staying in and watching HBO after a day of traipsing through the beaches along the coast. Boo hoo, right?

Room Tip: Face west. I stayed on the 8th floor and traffic noise did not disrupt sleep. You can see the ocean...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear dreataylor

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about valet, housekeeping, and our hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Came into this boutique with limited spare time to spend in the LA area and was looking to make the most of it. After checking in, the front desk was able to communicate the many extras their hotel had to offer. Complimentary WiFi, wine hour and directions! We were looking to go out and grab something light to eat for dinner last night. Cara at the front desk was able to recommend a delightful sushi bar (Kabuki off of Sunset) that was everything we were looking for. She was also able to accurately give us directions to the restaurant (along with their phone number and hours of operation) and to our finial destination, Mann's Chinese Theater. She also has a contact at some of the popular clubs, including Playhouse and Confidential Beverly Hills. We will definitely be back and we can not wait to stay with you again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear OCSurf508

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel and about Cara. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

LA
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The property is clean, easily accessible from the 405 and Brentwood, decor is modern, beds are soft and the staff are respectful and helpful. Cafe has excellent choices and the valet is speedy. Edith is always A+! Thank you!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear MollieV_13

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about Edith and the hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have always enjoyed staying at the Angeleno every time I'm in Los Angeles . the lobby has very pleasant lounge music is sleek and modern and I'm always greeted with a nice smile from people behind the front desk and are always so nice and helpful. the elevators are fairly fast ...the hallways are nice and clean and the rooms are furnished with dark wood modern sleek pieces, the bedding is very nice and the bed are very comfortable ! i also love that every room has a balcony ...but one downside is that some are facing highway 401 wich can be a bit busy so i always ask for rooms facing the other way.

i really enjoy the outdoor pool area ...it has ample seating a nice pool and has a fireplace so you can hangout at night when it gets chilly in the winter months.The valet parking are always very nice and fast .the location is great since you are next to the 401 and also not very far from the ocean and beaches by car. over all a great hotel and the price can not be beat for the level of comfort and surroundings you are getting.

Room Tip: ask for rooms facing away from the 401
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank torontogirl6910
Dear

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel and our valet staff. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I travel a lot with business, and after some early experiences, I tend to avoid hotels that are not well known. This time my trip needed to be altered and I was looking to find a decent hotel near to where I had meetings. I found the Hotel Angeleno on a booking website and after checking all other options decided to risk it. The hotel itself is clean and well looked after. I read a lot about the noise of the freeway and small rooms, but I honestly found the room no smaller than any other room I've stayed in, and the traffic noise not so bad at all as long as the door was closed. The one small complaint I could make was the in the wall heater/air conditioner unit was very loud, to the point I couldn't run it at night. It still got quite cool in the evening so I made sure to get an extra blanket.
The staff are really great. Everybody from the shuttle driver to the bartenders and wait staff at West were friendly and good at what they do. Special shout out to Courtney and Josef at the front desk for making me feel very welcome and helping me to find locations/events that were nearby.
The afternoon wine social time was quite unique and I found myself, to my surprise, engaged in some interesting conversations with other guests.
The jazz band that was playing on the Thursday night at West was very good, as was the food.
All in all, from low expectations came this gem of a hotel that I would definitely stay at again if my travels take me that way again

Room Tip: My room was on the side facing the pool. I didn't hear a lot of road noise from the nearby freew...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear LesPaulSlinger

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel. It sounds like you had the time to enjoy our compimentary wine hour as well as talk with some of our staff. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel was in a great location in Los Angeles and for a great affordable price. It is close to the freeway, which made it easily accessible for traveling. It was also very close to Beverly Hills and Brentwood. The rooms were clean and cozy. I would highly recommend staying here when traveling to Los Angeles.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear 192ElizabethD

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

First time staying at the Angeleno great staff and friendly. Breakfast is a must I recommend the french toast. Hotel little noise with all the construction but is ok. Can't go wrong with the free valet especially NELSON in the valet area maid our stay much nicer were to go and also avoid the traffic thanks again. Would stay again at the hotel Angeleno. Recommend to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Perro123

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel, Nelson, and of course everybody's favorite French toast. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.