“Great UCLA visit location”
Review of Hotel Angeleno

Hotel Angeleno
Ranked #46 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
PHOENIX
“Great UCLA visit location”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed at the hotel March 12/13th for visiting UCLA, location for which the hotel could not be bettered. But beware heavy construction on I405 can be troublesome, but for us sound valet directions worked a treat and we were at UCLA in under 15 minutes at rush hour. Beware hotel only offers Valet parking, its expensive but get a deal via TP or Expd and get it included. Hotel is noisey at lower levels and those facing I405, ask for upper floors and away from I405 if you can, we were UNABLE to be accomodated as such. Rooms are small, beds are even smaller, pillows are very soft, house keeping is OK. Didnt try the food but the to go cafe, had bagels/croissant one day and NOT the next, coffee was OK but the server was surly and really uninterested, suggest the hotel look into that. We had a fire drill at midnight, which didnt go down well, not the hotels fault but some stupid fella who thought he could smoke in his room, that said no apologies or gestures. Also btw the rooms nearest the elevators are very noisey, dont get stuck near them

Room Tip: Do get reolocated if you are below floors 5, facing the freeway or close to the elevators, trust me...
Dear Englishman35

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel. Just to let you know, we offer complimentary parking to all of our guests, not just Expedia. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Love love love love the Angeleno!!! First class service all the way. Joseph and Courtney at checkout are superb I had some billing issues which they resolved without question. Rooms are adequate and modern. The hotel is the best location, close to all the touristy places.

Love the wine, the pool, and everything!! We will be back!

Keep up the first class service!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear james j

Wow! Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel. Josef and Cortney were thrilled your remembered them. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Super comfortable beds, nice amenities, lovely lobby, and contemporary inviting pool area. The rooms are uniquely pie-shaped, leaving room for only two doubles, no queens. This is difficult for a family of four. I knew about the traffic noise ahead from other reviews, so no grumbles because I came with earplugs and the room has a nice alarm clock with ambient soothing sounds.

Room Tip: ask ahead to face west, away from the freeway, and up high.
Dear J-mom-of-three

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

San Diego, California
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband and I were referred to this hotel by a friend. Courtney made my reservation and was very patient, answering all of my questions. Joseph checked us in and helped locate a wonderful restaurant in Santa Monica. Our room had a gorgeous view of the city and the bed was unbelievably comfortable. I will be sure to recommend this hotel to all of our friends visiting LA.

Room Tip: Book directly with the hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Victoria L
Dear Victoria L

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about our views, beds, and of course Josef and Cortney were thrilled you remembered them. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Spent two nights at this lovely boutique hotel in a great location near UCLA, Getty Museum, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica Pier. The staff was quite extraordinary from the coffee shop to front desk. Room was small but clean. Lovely pool area and decent workout room.
Highway noise can be a bit intense especially with the major construction nearby.

Room Tip: Higher up and opposite freeway best.
Dear KLMK4

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about our 'extraordinary' staff and our hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Arroyo Grande, California
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I needed a hotel close to UCLA Ronald Regan Medical Center. The Hotel Angeleno served that purpose. This is the 3rd time I have stayed here. The staff has always been so helpful and been willing to help with anything I needed. The food in the restaurant upstairs is really great and the view from the bar and restaurant is stunning. Parking is free. The only drawback if there is one can be the freeway noise. I found it easy to ignore.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear qtr10

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about our staff and the restaurant. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Sacramento, California, United States
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I had the pleasure of Brian driving me to and from The Getty 3 times. I found him cordial, polite and easy to talk with. We shared a few laughs and I felt comfortable and safe with him. I also was with two other drivers who were friendly and professional. The hotel offers this free shuttle service which made getting around very easy and enjoyable.

This is a comfortable and pleasant place to relax in. I felt welcomed and safe. I enjoyed the wine happy hour and The West restaurant is a beautiful place with excellent food and staff.

My room was attractive, clean and comfortable, as was the bed and the fine linens.

This was an all thumbs up experience except for the traffic and construction noise. I wished I had brought earplugs!

Every person I encountered was friendly, professional and very helpful, except for one. One out of 15 or so isn't bad. Good job and thank you for making my stay so pleasant.

Room Tip: Even from the 14th floor I could hear the traffic noise from the 405 freeway. Add in the constructi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Cheryl R

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about Brian and our complimentary wine hour. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.