“Unexpected benefits!”
Review of Hotel Angeleno

Hotel Angeleno
Ranked #48 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed January 19, 2013

On a business trip to LA in December, we wanted to stay close - and the staff at Sarah Leonard's gave us a few locations to try. The first one was Hotel Angeleno.

We were met by Cortney at the front desk- she was pleasantly efficient and helpful.
We were pleased to be invited to enjoy a complementary wine and even participated in a promo for Geffen Playhouse. It was a delightful way to begin unwinding after a hectic day.

The rooms were lovely, the view was wonderful and the staff attentive in every detail. I'll happily return.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Scott1111, Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear Vickie92123

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel, Courtney, and the wine hour. So glad you were able to take advantage of the Getty promotion. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Director of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (1,816)

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Just had anther great stay at the Angeleno. 11 nights this trip. Rooms were great and well appointed. Only down side is the extremely slow internet service. The upgrade feature for $9.95 is not worth the money. Stay with the basic. Edith at the Front Office is great!! She took care of every request. Excellent! The location is as good but the work on the freeway is a drawback. However most of the side roads are clear and ready. Room Service is good and fast. Food was good. Valet service is also excellent and quick. The men there are always friendly and quick with a smile ane welcome back. I'll be back in the summer for another stay and my expectations are that is will be as good as this one.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear highseastraveler

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel, food, and Edith. Also, thanks for letting us know you had an issue with your internet. I will look into it.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I went here and he gave me and my bf a very good deal because it was our anniversary. He's really nice. And made everything very easy and fast. Chris was very nice. I've stayed here at the angelino a bunch of times and the rooms have very good prices not to expensive and the hotel is very nice. Has a mini bar and a nice shower. I always choose to stay here right in my price range and very nice too. I reccomend it for sure. It's good for little birthday parties. It has a pool and cafe down Stairs by the lobby

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear ElusiveLove1990

I hope you had a great anniversary! Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel and Chris. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our honeymoon as part of our LA stop off for 3 nights.
Lovely room, comfy bed. We had dinner at the restaurant on the first night and thought it was delicious and excellent service.
Great to have free wifi.
We made good use of the courtesy shuttle to get us to and from the Getty Museum and also to stop 63 on the Starline hop-on/off tour (yellow route, Hammer Museum).
We didn't have an issue with the traffic noise from the 405 freeway, but we found it a bit frustrating to not be near other restaurants or have anything within walking distance. However as we soon found out, this is like most of LA unless you have a car.
A taxi from Hollywood to the hotel costs around $30 + tip.
Finally, the staff were very helpful and friendly!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms at the back of the hotel if the freeway noise bothers you.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear WellywoodGirl

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the staff and hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Well done! The hotel is modern, to include the rooms, the bathrooms, the electronics, and the business center. The heated pool was a welcome treat, and the fireplace made it more intimate. Chris (behind the front desk) made us feel at home from the moment we arrived. And, Alejandro (behind the happy hour) made us feel welcome! The West was a big hit with my group, and the perfect ending to a long day. Although we were very glad to have a workout room, I would only add a small space for stretching at the next renovation. This will be my go-to hotel on my next trip.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear M B

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I found the staff to be totally customer focused, the location was great for the price and a really nice restaurant on the top floor. All this and free parking plus a superior Cali wine happy hour. I will be back next month with my wife.

Room Tip: Choose a room that faces away from the highway.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Steve R

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about our staff and hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Hotel exceeded expectations. Staff were very friendly. Chris especially who was brilliant and made our stay memorable. Pool was OK. And free apples at the reception were a lovely touch. Definitely staying here next time we're in town.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear flafel11

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel, as well as Chris and the staff. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.