“Really Good”

Ranked #47 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Ny
“Really Good”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

This is the first hotel I've ever stayed at where I can't find any major problems. The room is great; nice, clean and modern. The location is good. The staff is friendly. Nothing makes weird noises. They give you free valet parking and free in room wi-fi. They even have fresh whole fruit throughout the day in the lobby. Even though there is traffic on the 401 (it's on the 401) if you ask for a room not facing the highway you hear nothing (you would probably hear some noise if you were facing the 401). I'm a super sensitive sleeper and I just closed the balcony door and it was super quiet. I was on the 5th floor so I was not that high. I will say that I found a deal on hotwire and probably would not have paid full price, but for around $140 a night it was totally worth it. If I could I'd give it 4.5 stars.

Room Tip: Ask for one not facing the 401.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AlisaP491
Scott1111, Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear Alisa P

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel and our amenities. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (478)
  • Finnish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 21, 2012

My company had their holiday party at West. West has beautiful views and great bartenders. I went downstairs to have a smoke and I was greater by a young man named Chris. Chris was very nice and told me all about the area I was in and how I should spend my last day in Los Angeles. After 15 minutes of conversation I returned to my party. I loved thie service at this hotel but I hope to one day stay in a hotel owned by Chris. That man knows customer service and will one day be known in the hotel industry. Cheers

Room Tip: If you want a great time ask Chris!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Bob L

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel and about Chris, who does have plans to open his own hotel in the future. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We were in LA for a Bar Mitzvah and stayed at the Angeleno and really enjoyed the hotel and staff. The room was large and comfortable, the lobby was nicely appointed, the restaurant was convenient and served tasty food but Joseph at the front desk was a stand out! He was very helpful especially because we didn't know the area and his suggestions and directions were spot on! He was also very nice to my mom which can go a long way!

Room Tip: Although we faced the highway, with the heater on in the room we couldn't hear the traffic noise...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Joseph W

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about Josef and the hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Oak Hills, California
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I need to stay in a hotel in this area once a year, and my favorite is the Angeleno. The rooms and service are always excellent. And thanks to Ward for doing his best to not make me feel horrible when I had no cash to tip him for delivering my bags. It was a cold, rainy night and I was exhausted upon my arrival and totally unprepared. (But no worries I was more prepared the next day!) The best part of staying here is breakfast at West. The view is breathtaking and the food is great. They do some sort of magic with the French Toast - it is amazing!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Oa_Oa_Sylvia

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about our rooms, service, and of course Ward, our Courtesy Car driver. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Australind, Australia
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We chose the hotel due to the location however we just found it way too noisy. The other issue is that there were roadworks at night time too which added to the noise and also made I hard to access the hotel from the freeway at he end of a night. The staff were however friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Leah19655

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel.

We have some guests that are sensitive to the freeeway noise, so we suggest that they request a room on the other side of the hotel. Both sides have excellent views. It is just a matter of preference.

Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My family & I had the opportunity of staying at Hotel Angeleno for my cousins's Bar-Mitzvah. Everything was excellent & everybody was friendly & professional. However, two people stood out amongst the employees. The first was Joseph at the front desk. Besides being friendly & professional, he went the extra mile with any & every request that my family or myself had. He treated us like we were royalty.He is a great resource for the hotel in repeat business because we will stay at the Hotel Angeleno on our next trip. We hope Joseph is still there. We're sure he'll probably be the manager on our next visit. The second person we'd like to recognize is Emilio in the restaurant. I ate breakfast there a few times & he was very polite & attentive. The food was excellent & the service immpeccable. Thank you for an enjoyable stay. Miles Warren

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Miles Warren

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about Josef and Emilio. We love to hear when guests feel like royalty! I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Saint Paul, MN
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Incredible accomodations! Staff took the time to understand our situation, and made every effort to make our stay as easy as possible. They may never understand what their compassion meant, but I will never forget. What the Hospitality Industry could strive to be. They have my utmost gratitude.

Room Tip: The place is gorgeous. The ocean view is extra-special. Proximity to the Getty is ideal.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear burke_152

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about our staff and their compassion. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.