“Excellent service”

Hotel Angeleno
Ranked #47 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
“Excellent service”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I have to say the front desk manager Chris Williams Really went above and beyond to help me out And made my stay a memorable and pleasurable experience. I will and have recommended this hotel to my friends and family

• Stayed November 2012
Scott1111, Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Amoriau

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about Chris and our hotel, and of course, we are thrilled you will be recommending us to your firends. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (478)
  • Finnish first
Reviewed November 23, 2012

My stay at Hotel Angeleno was very nice. As soon as I walked into the hotel I was greeted by Chris W. He was very helpful and very sweet. He checked me in quickly and made me a reservation at West, the restaurant. Unfortunately I did not like the food from the restaurant. That is the only downside to my stay. The beds are very comfortable and I had a great view of LA. They even have free wine everyday! I will for sure be back to this hotel!

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Melycookie

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about Chris and our hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I have shared your comments about West Restaurant with our Director I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Arroyo Grande, California
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I had to go to UCLA for a medical appointment and my usual place was booked so I decided to try this place. It's not that long since it had been refurbished etc. so I figured it should be fairly nice.

When I arrived, the valet staff was very prompt and helpful. I went to the front desk and no one was there. Two other people were waiting to leave and had some complaint, but no one seemed to be in the place. I waited 15 minutes when finally one of the housing staff went and got someone.

They were friendly, but a little unprofessional. I got to the room and it was clean with very comfortable beds. What I found a bit odd, was that since this building is round its rooms are odd shaped hence there was a giant (length of the room) 2 inch bump in the carpet. It was a little cheapy, thrown together feeling to the whole thing. Kind of slapped together.

Didn't try the meals so no comment. It's centrally located which is nice, but you pay for that with the noise. Be sure to take earplugs. I don't think I would stay here again I'm used to a more shipshape sort of place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Mary S

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments our staff and our hotel.

I have shared your very helpful comments with our Front Desk Manager, who has followed up with his staff.

Sherwood Park, AB
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Nice funky hotel with good amenities. Free internet, free Valet parking, and a nice pool with an exercise room. Looks like a hip place to stay, but even for our family it was nice. It is close to the freeway so while convenient it is a little noisy. The pool area seemed particularly windy both days we were there. Made for a cool exit from the pool, but the pool is heated and has a big fireplace in the evening.

Room Tip: The higher floors would have a nicer view of the area.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear OilerfanSunseeker

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel and our amenities. I hope you get to enjoy our pool on your next stay. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

California, United States
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I loved my stay at Hotel Angeleno! Everyone is so friendly and extremely helpful. Chris W. at the front desk made sure to take care of all of my needs and always greeted me when I came or left the hotel. The beds are so comfortable I slept like a baby. Though I must say the only down side to the hotel was the lack of a working elevator. I will definitely be coming back to stay at the Hotel Angeleno!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Aimee C

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel and about Chris and our staff. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I apologize about one of our elevators being down; you'll be happy to hear it is now up and running. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Myself and a few colleagues recently spent a week at the Hotel Angeleno. The staff was exceedingly friendly and helpful. The Angeleno is nicely decorated. The bed was extremely comfortable and the cleaning staff was top notch. The staff was very courteous about placing guests on the opposite side of the freeway, and I'd strongly advise taking them up on that. Overall, there were several concerns that would make me question staying at the Angeleno again.

The heating/cooling system in my room left something to be desired. It was a room unit that was out of this world noisy and lacked the ability to preset a temperature. Therefore, you placed it in the middle of the hot/cold setting and hoped it would keep the room a comfortable temperature. It didn't......and it ran constantly. So you'd adjust it, and then turn it off so that you could talk on the phone or watch the news, because you couldn't do either of those with it running. Yes, It was THAT noisy.

The hotel itself is located right alongside the 405, nestled between what I believe was a frontage road and on /off exits. Now if there wasn't road construction perhaps the location would be a good thing, but as of right now the traffic, as well as the noise associated with it at times, was a nightmare. *Just a note* I am a light sleeper. I used earplugs and slept quite well.

There are no eateries within walking distance, although there is an onsite restaurant. It is a little pricey if you just want a quick bit to eat after all the room service charges are added. On a positive note, the food is tasty and convenient.

Our meetings were at UCLA, and a daily shuttle service to the university was what had sold us on this property. However, during our stay, the shuttle services were somewhat in disarray and we chose to drive our own car in order to arrive in a timely fashion. We had been told upon checkin all the shuttle spots were taken for the week for the timeframe we would need.

The Angeleno could be a great place to stay if you don't mind traffic, lack road rage issues, have no timetable, and are good with noise. Their staff is great and the place is nice. As for me, I don't know if the good makes up for the bad.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is on the side AWAY from the 405! Upper floors are best. In fact, the higher u...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear RedPatch

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments our staff and our hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests.

I wanted to address your concerns. I had our Chief Engineer check the heating/cooling system in your room and it wasn't working properly; it has been replaced. It sounds as if our courtesy car was booked during the time periods you needed; I have spoken to the front desk staff to ensure they do everything possible to make space for our guests who would like to use our shuttle.

Palmyra, Virginia
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My mother was in UCLA Medical Center waiting for a liver transplant. My cousin and I planned to stay here for at least a month if not longer. Unfortunately the first week here she ended up passing away. Every staff member was amazing from the moment we walked through the door.
when they found out my mom passed they sent a condolence card and some wine to our room.
Every employee no matter what their title were so friendly, they have an amazing family of employees here. I will forever be greatful for how we were treated. The rooms are beautiful and beds are plush you sleep like a dream. The pool has a lit fireplace in the evening and it's very relaxing. The 17th floor is awesome, amazing views and delicious food. I live in Virginia but I will only stay here when I come to the Los Angeles area. I highly recommend this hidden GEM. They have a free shuttle to local areas, free wifi and parking and very reasonable prices.

Room Tip: All Rooms would be lovely they have private balconies
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Tana H

I am so sorry to hear about your mother. We look forward to your return, under better circumstances.

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.