“Hotel Angeleno”

Ranked #47 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
California, United States
“Hotel Angeleno”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I loved my stay at Hotel Angeleno! Everyone is so friendly and extremely helpful. Chris W. at the front desk made sure to take care of all of my needs and always greeted me when I came or left the hotel. The beds are so comfortable I slept like a baby. Though I must say the only down side to the hotel was the lack of a working elevator. I will definitely be coming back to stay at the Hotel Angeleno!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Scott1111, Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Aimee C

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel and about Chris and our staff. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I apologize about one of our elevators being down; you'll be happy to hear it is now up and running. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (478)
  • Finnish first
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Myself and a few colleagues recently spent a week at the Hotel Angeleno. The staff was exceedingly friendly and helpful. The Angeleno is nicely decorated. The bed was extremely comfortable and the cleaning staff was top notch. The staff was very courteous about placing guests on the opposite side of the freeway, and I'd strongly advise taking them up on that. Overall, there were several concerns that would make me question staying at the Angeleno again.

The heating/cooling system in my room left something to be desired. It was a room unit that was out of this world noisy and lacked the ability to preset a temperature. Therefore, you placed it in the middle of the hot/cold setting and hoped it would keep the room a comfortable temperature. It didn't......and it ran constantly. So you'd adjust it, and then turn it off so that you could talk on the phone or watch the news, because you couldn't do either of those with it running. Yes, It was THAT noisy.

The hotel itself is located right alongside the 405, nestled between what I believe was a frontage road and on /off exits. Now if there wasn't road construction perhaps the location would be a good thing, but as of right now the traffic, as well as the noise associated with it at times, was a nightmare. *Just a note* I am a light sleeper. I used earplugs and slept quite well.

There are no eateries within walking distance, although there is an onsite restaurant. It is a little pricey if you just want a quick bit to eat after all the room service charges are added. On a positive note, the food is tasty and convenient.

Our meetings were at UCLA, and a daily shuttle service to the university was what had sold us on this property. However, during our stay, the shuttle services were somewhat in disarray and we chose to drive our own car in order to arrive in a timely fashion. We had been told upon checkin all the shuttle spots were taken for the week for the timeframe we would need.

The Angeleno could be a great place to stay if you don't mind traffic, lack road rage issues, have no timetable, and are good with noise. Their staff is great and the place is nice. As for me, I don't know if the good makes up for the bad.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is on the side AWAY from the 405! Upper floors are best. In fact, the higher u...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear RedPatch

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments our staff and our hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests.

I wanted to address your concerns. I had our Chief Engineer check the heating/cooling system in your room and it wasn't working properly; it has been replaced. It sounds as if our courtesy car was booked during the time periods you needed; I have spoken to the front desk staff to ensure they do everything possible to make space for our guests who would like to use our shuttle.

Palmyra, Virginia
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My mother was in UCLA Medical Center waiting for a liver transplant. My cousin and I planned to stay here for at least a month if not longer. Unfortunately the first week here she ended up passing away. Every staff member was amazing from the moment we walked through the door.
when they found out my mom passed they sent a condolence card and some wine to our room.
Every employee no matter what their title were so friendly, they have an amazing family of employees here. I will forever be greatful for how we were treated. The rooms are beautiful and beds are plush you sleep like a dream. The pool has a lit fireplace in the evening and it's very relaxing. The 17th floor is awesome, amazing views and delicious food. I live in Virginia but I will only stay here when I come to the Los Angeles area. I highly recommend this hidden GEM. They have a free shuttle to local areas, free wifi and parking and very reasonable prices.

Room Tip: All Rooms would be lovely they have private balconies
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Tana H

I am so sorry to hear about your mother. We look forward to your return, under better circumstances.

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I recently spent a nice weekend with my mom here, and the rooms are beautiful, the pool area and fireplace were super relaxing, and the staff was extremely helpful. If we needed anything there was a very friendly guy up front named Chris W., he was there to answer every question we had for him, he made sight seeing in the area so much easier!!! We will definitely be back soon!!!

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Brittney9842

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about Chris and our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Bristol UK
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Can't fault this place. Despite its location in the middle of a busy intersection its rooms are pretty quiet. Staff v friendly. Gym and pool spotless. Free wi if and parking a great bonus as were the aperitifs early eve. Bar has lovely view. Prob a 20 min cab to most of the popular restaurants.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear BabsBristolUK

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the statt and hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed our complimentary wine hour. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have stayed at the Hotel Angeleno on many occasions. I love the location, the easy freeway access, the modern fresh decor that is stylsih AND functional. They actually have counter space in the bathrooms, dressers withdrawers, lots of hanginf space, a televison that is easy to operate, balconies with great views on every level which allow you to open the sliding door for freah air. The staff is friendly and helpful from the moment yo pull up to the valet parking, the fron desk. You get a live person right away when you dial from your room. It is dleightful and I look forward ot my next visit.

Room Tip: The building is round with great balcony views on all sides!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Jean L

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about our staff and about our hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Dallas
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Superb is the only word to describe the staff and services at the Hotel Angeleno.
Special kudos to Edith at the front desk for her tireless efforts to accommodate my travel needs!

I have been staying at the Hotel Angeleno six times a year for the past few years visiting family in Beverly Hills and have greatly appreciated the exceptional service I’ve received. From the moment I arrive everyone goes above and beyond to ensure I enjoy my stay…starting with the parking attendants at the front door and the concierge staff at the check-in desk to the staff in the 17th floor West Restaurant, notably Marcia, the hostess, and my grandson's favorite waiter, Emilio.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DallasSuSu
Scott1111, Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear DallasSuSu

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel and about our employees. Edith, Marcia, and Emilio were very excited that you mentioned them in your review. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.