Hotel Angeleno
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
$127
  • Pool
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$333
$226
Official Site
  • Restaurant
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$152
$360
$339
  • Beachfront
1,867 results
All reviewstop floorwest restaurantgetty museumfree valet parkingfront deskfreeway sidesanta monicaoutdoor fireplaceholiday inncomplimentary winewine hoursunset blvdbeverly hillsroad noisebel airucla campusmile radius
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I know from being in the industry that the first opinion of a property lives heavily on the first person you make contact with, The first person I was greeted by was Chris. His warm smile and great personality made me feel welcomed at your hotel. It was reassuring that the impression I got from your hotel based on the pictures and other reviews was held true because of Chris. Thanks for the great service.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Scott1111, Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Dear Ms W,

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments our staff and the hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests, especially from someone who is also in the industry.

I will share your kind words with Chris and the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed here for a night last month. I called housekeeping for additional towels and after waiting some time, had to call the front desk. The manager Chris Williams was exceptionally helpful, and friendly. We received our towels instantly and he while speaking with us gave us excellent restaurant recommendations for that night. Overall, I would recommend this hotel for the great management.

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear KinaMina,

Thank you very much for all of your positive feedback.

I have shared your very helpful comments with Chris and our Executive Housekeeper, who has followed up with her staff. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

You stay here because of its location, the hotel is very close to Hollywood and Santa Monica. The rooms are clean but small. But I would say adequate. Their is a huge amount of construction on the freeway next to the hotel. But I must say they have some of the best sound proofing I have ever seen. The one negative about the location, is that if you don't have a car, you are very isolated. There are no stores or restaurants in walking distance of the hotel.

Room Tip: The higher you are the better, to avoid the construction sounds and lights.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Dear Vnbpsb,

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel.

I'd like to take this opportunity to mention that the Sunset Bridge is now fully opened, and much of that construction has finally been completed. Also, we are currently working out the details to expand our food offerings at the hotel, in additional to the West Restaurant on our top floor. We will hopefully have this available for your next visit.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay overnight thirty-two nights over the Summer. Each trip had great service, care for guests and enjoyable time away from business, wether by the pool or exercising.

Edith and the front office staff always made me feel like family and took care of each of my needs day or night.

Segundo, took great care everyday at breakfast on the 17th floor, to make sure I had a feast and ready for the long day ahead. By the way, the sunrise is spectacular!

Many thanks to everyone for making me feel right at home!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear BigBuckDallas,

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with Edith, Segundo, and the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Ended up at this hotel when I won a bid for 2 nights in a hotel in the West LA to Hollywood corridor between 405 and 101 on Priceline. Turned out to be in a great central location for our tourist adventureswhich included driving Mulholland Hwy, going to the Getty, then exploring the Hollywood area.

When we checked in, I discovered our room was two double beds - not ideal for two 6'+ people, so I tipped the very friendly woman at the front desk and she changed us to a single king room. Got to the room and discovered it was another double bed room! So we left the room and were about to head downstairs to the front desk AGAIN when we were stopped by one of the staff in the hallway. They realized their mistake and gave us a new room, finally with a king bed. Great service!

The room was nothing amazing, but it was modernly decorated, had a very comfy bed, good TV, free wifi (which actually worked pretty well), an iPhone dock, nice bathroom/shower area (with nice soaps, etc), and a nice view overlooking Century City's skyline. The shower with only one half of a door was kind of weird, but whatever.

Regarding what seems to be the biggest complaint of this hotel: Our room was directly facing the freeway, so with the A/C off, you could definitely hear cars going by. But it was pretty hot that weekend, so we had the A/C running the whole time which drowned out any road noise. We normally sleep with a stand fan next to our bed at home, so the A/C's "white noise" was familiar and we slept great with no interruptions. Heck, there was an earthquake overnight right by the hotel and we didn't even wake up! But if you need a perfectly silent room to sleep, you may have issues.

Free valet parking is a great benefit (especially since you can call downstairs and have your car ready first). Didn't try the restaurant but it seemed to be popular. We checked out the pool/patio area which looked nice with an inviting fireplace and great water temp, but didn't have time to take a dip. We didn't use the free shuttle to the Getty, but that's a great feature, especially if you don't have a car.

Would definitely stay here again if in the area!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ltdscott
Scott1111, Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear Itdscott,

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel. I'm glad to hear that our central location was convenient to all of the places you visited on your tourist adventure!
We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope that you will get to enjoy more of our amenities next time. See you again soon!