Hotel Angeleno
Ranked #50 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I honestly don't know why I haven't stayed here before. Free valet parking and wifi. The free valet alone saves you around $50 a night. For what I need when in LA this place is perfect for the price.

The rooms are modern clean, decent size, super comfortable beds, balconies with good views. Obviously there is a big main road down there, but look past that and you see the hills! lol Bathroom is good, not amazing but its nice and new and clean. They serve wine in the lobby between 5pm-7pm, always a bonus! I didn't make it to the restaurant but I have heard good things. Room service was great, I placed my breakfast order on the door and it came back perfect and right on time (I don't just tick boxes, I write lots of little notes and requests).

My only one thing that was a little irritating was when I popped back to get something and asked the valet to PLEASE not take my car down, just leave it at the front as I will be back in 5 minutes. I came back down in 5 minutes and my car was gone. And then on top of that they had misplaced the key in that short time and took another 15mins to bring it back. Not cool when you in a rush and specifically asked for it to stay in front.

Overall great hotel with friendly reception staff. I would recommend it and will be back again. You cannot stay at this hotel if you don't have a car though... Well I'm sure you can but you would need to be calling taxi's as they are not exactly lined up outside and I can't imagine where you would walk to. Took me about 10-15mins drive going into West Hollywood or Beverly Hills with no traffic. Traffic is a different story all together! haha!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo

Dear CamLovesSun,

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about our rooms, parking, and of course the views from our rooms.

Director of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (1,815)

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Fantastic hotel, very comfy with great service. I didn't notice the noise until it was pointed out to me but if you are a light sleeper it might bother you. The 17th floor restaurant was fun and the food fantastic. Overall it was the staff that made our stay, they were all about making sure we had a great stay and we did. The wifi could do with some improvement though but the bed was very comfortable. Close to UCLA and Getty Centre.

Room Tip: Get a higher room on their side to freeway, it would be quieter ... But it won't have the view o...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Stephen O

Dear Steve_odwyer,

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel and about our staff. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I stayed for two nights after long-haul flight (from Europe). The room was clean, bed was very comfortable, but I got the room on the wrong side of the building which meant that there was constant noise coming from the highway. The windows were not sound-proof really.

There was free wifi as advertised but its speed was quite one of the poorest I ever saw (you have an option to buy more speed).

Location was very good and the top floor bar was quite nice, but I probably wouldn't stay there again when in LA.

Room Tip: Away from the highway
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank matmsk

Dear matmsk

Thank you very much for all of your comments about our hotel. We appreciate that you noticed the cleanliness of our hotel and of how comfortable our beds are.

Our complimentary wireless internet is for checking emails, etc., not for streaming movies. For streaming movies there is an option to purchase an upgrade. I am sorry if this was not explained to you at the front desk.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

My wife Renee and I feel compelled to write of a truly wonderful experience enjoyed by us during a recent stay at the Angeleno. What made our stay a memorable one was the calibre of the people that staffed the facility. Everyone, from the valet car parkers to the front desk personnel, the bellmen, the room attendants and the managers at every level were simply outstanding people willing to go that extra mile to better take care of our needs and our requests for services each day of our stay. A front desk person whose name is Edete or similar to that deserves a shout out for her extra efforts in getting us into a suite after we had already checked into another type of room. Our congratulations to the hotel for an obvious success in their selection and training of all of their personnel. We will be back. Michael C. Maze

Room Tip: Choose a room facing away from the 405 Freeway. Noise.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in LA back in July of 2009 and it was an outstanding hotel. The room was clean as can be and the view was spectacular. The restaurant/bar on the top floor is particularly amazing. I can't think of one thing I didn't like about this hotel. I would highly recommend it to anyone traveling to LA!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2012

This hotel itself is the purest definition of boutique: small, funky, and charming however this one is very masculine, similar to a bachelor pad. I think part of the theme to this hotel is to evoke a single mans apartment in the city. With all the dark woods and an steak house its definitely a guys place. Even the front desk staff who from what I noticed is all guys hip, modern, and in the know is how I would describe all of them. Joseph the concierge recommended a few restaurants and places to check out. I can honestly say this guy knows his stuff. I been to many hotels and he has to be one of the best concierges I have ever encountered. I was in town to visit my girlfriend and was looking to make it a special night. After speaking with Joseph he helped plan the perfect night from dinner to dancing and even a late morning hike.

The room is standard: 300 thread count check, flat screen check, and balcony check. My main issue is not the noise as I was directly on the freeway with a 'city view,' it was the AC after searching the wall for a thermostat I finally realized it was the we don't have central AC hole in the wall box. Another grip is the drains, slow very slow. But one call to the operator and it was fixed.

One last thing I m not sure who did it but upon returning to the hotel after dinner we found a bottle of champagne and strawberries in our room. I'm pretty sure it was Joseph. Thanks for an amazing stay.

Room Tip: its not the location is the AC! Ask for Joseph!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2012

This hotel is nice and is in a good location (in that it is easily accessible to the freeway, Santa Monica, Brentwood, etc), but bad location in that is basically ON the freeway. If you can manage to get a room that faces away from the traffic than it is fine. The rooms are nice, clean and the staff is helpful. I requested a quiet room when I made my reservation and they did manage to get me one. Its also nice to have free parking (although valet, so you include a tip).

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business