“A memorable hotel stay”

Ranked #45 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Las Vegas, Nevada
“A memorable hotel stay”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

My wife Renee and I feel compelled to write of a truly wonderful experience enjoyed by us during a recent stay at the Angeleno. What made our stay a memorable one was the calibre of the people that staffed the facility. Everyone, from the valet car parkers to the front desk personnel, the bellmen, the room attendants and the managers at every level were simply outstanding people willing to go that extra mile to better take care of our needs and our requests for services each day of our stay. A front desk person whose name is Edete or similar to that deserves a shout out for her extra efforts in getting us into a suite after we had already checked into another type of room. Our congratulations to the hotel for an obvious success in their selection and training of all of their personnel. We will be back. Michael C. Maze

Room Tip: Choose a room facing away from the 405 Freeway. Noise.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
  • Finnish first
New York, United States
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in LA back in July of 2009 and it was an outstanding hotel. The room was clean as can be and the view was spectacular. The restaurant/bar on the top floor is particularly amazing. I can't think of one thing I didn't like about this hotel. I would highly recommend it to anyone traveling to LA!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 21, 2012

This hotel itself is the purest definition of boutique: small, funky, and charming however this one is very masculine, similar to a bachelor pad. I think part of the theme to this hotel is to evoke a single mans apartment in the city. With all the dark woods and an steak house its definitely a guys place. Even the front desk staff who from what I noticed is all guys hip, modern, and in the know is how I would describe all of them. Joseph the concierge recommended a few restaurants and places to check out. I can honestly say this guy knows his stuff. I been to many hotels and he has to be one of the best concierges I have ever encountered. I was in town to visit my girlfriend and was looking to make it a special night. After speaking with Joseph he helped plan the perfect night from dinner to dancing and even a late morning hike.

The room is standard: 300 thread count check, flat screen check, and balcony check. My main issue is not the noise as I was directly on the freeway with a 'city view,' it was the AC after searching the wall for a thermostat I finally realized it was the we don't have central AC hole in the wall box. Another grip is the drains, slow very slow. But one call to the operator and it was fixed.

One last thing I m not sure who did it but upon returning to the hotel after dinner we found a bottle of champagne and strawberries in our room. I'm pretty sure it was Joseph. Thanks for an amazing stay.

Room Tip: its not the location is the AC! Ask for Joseph!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed May 21, 2012

This hotel is nice and is in a good location (in that it is easily accessible to the freeway, Santa Monica, Brentwood, etc), but bad location in that is basically ON the freeway. If you can manage to get a room that faces away from the traffic than it is fine. The rooms are nice, clean and the staff is helpful. I requested a quiet room when I made my reservation and they did manage to get me one. Its also nice to have free parking (although valet, so you include a tip).

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
New Delhi
Reviewed May 19, 2012

The location of the hotel is excellent. The hotel itself was pretty nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and had a nice bar. The rooms also have a small balcony which I liked very much. I liked the view of the freeway from the balcony at night. Oh... and parking is free. The only thing that I did not like about the hotel was the food. It simply wasn't that good for the money I paid. I ordered a sandwich, which came with fries which tasted like they were re-fried. I liked everything else about this hotel and will recommend this to other people.

Dear Wickershumskin

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the helpful staff and our hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.

El Dorado Hills, California
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Angeleno on May 10, 2012 on business for 1 night. The hotel's location is excellent, right off the 405 at Sunset. It's very easy to get in and out of. The free valet is also a fabulous benefit. Parking at LA hotels (especially the 3 and 4 star variety) is almost unheard of. The restaurant at the top has breathtaking views and the food is really awesome as well.

Now for the drawbacks. 1. The TV in the room had no local channels. That was weird. Plus, the remote didn't work for the first 15 minutes after turning on the TV and I had to change all channels manually. This sounds like user error on my part, I know, but this happened both times I went to watch TV.

2. The room I was in had 2 double beds. These truly are double beds and just a step above a twin. Fine if you are sleeping alone. Probably not fine if you are sharing with an adult sized partner.

3. The room I was in faced the 405. The noise from the freeway is deafening if you open the sliding door. With the door closed the noise is noticeable and can be distracting. I always sleep with earplugs and I was more than glad I had them with me that night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the 405. Probably can't get away from the noise, but it cou...
Dear ColleenQD

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments our staff and our hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests.

I have some exciting news about our television channels. We will be doubling the amount of channels we have within the next month or so.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

With so many places to choose from in this vast expansive city happy to have found this pleasant hotel. Good alue. Godd service. Fine dining. Convenient. Complaints about being on the 405. Nonsense. All of LA is a freeway/parking lot. Better to be here for under $200 a night with free valet parking.

Room Tip: Request beach view but really oes nt matter. Who stays in the room.
Dear Austinbe

Thank you very much for all of your positive comments about the hotel's value and service. hotel. We love to hear when we have exceeded the expectations of our guests. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. Hope to see you again soon.