1,931 results
All reviews top floor west restaurant getty museum free valet parking front desk freeway side santa monica holiday inn complimentary wine sunset blvd wine hour beverly hills road noise bel air mile radius ucla campus room service
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I just returned from 2 nights at the Hotel Angeleno. I read the Tripadvisor reviews before going and it was pretty much what everyone said. First, there's nothing they can really do about the highway noise...so, if you really are a light sleeper I'd recommend staying somewhere else. When I first walked into the room (4:30 p.m. on a Friday) I thought "I'll never be able to sleep with the nonstop highway noise". I was on the 10th floor. Later in the evening the noise was still there (although a *little* less) and I must've gotten used to it because I actually slept really well. I think it's possible that I just adjusted as you might to sleeping next to the ocean where the waves are making noise all night. I'm not a heavy sleeper so I'm actually surprised to say that I slept well. But, the noise is there, always...and that's not an exageration. The staff was awesome, very friendly, efficient, and the free valet was fantastic and quick. The hotel room itself is a little on the small side but, not unusually so and it was very clean. The TV was also a bit smaller than usual but, still fine. Towel quality, bathroom products, all good. The pool is small and heated and they have a great outdoor fireplace in the pool area. If they really wanted to upgrade the area though they'd have a hot tub (which they don't...that's a bit unusual). Overall, you have to decide if you can sleep with the highway noise, if yes, this is a really nice hotel!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Scott1111, Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2011

Dear rick94301

Thank you very much for your positive comments about our staff and the hotel itself. It is alway great to have a guest write that we have an 'excellent staff'. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno.

Reviewed December 3, 2011

This was a work trip in Santa Monica the first week of Nov 2011. The location worked well for us, and the price fit our project budget, better than anything actually in Santa Monica. The beds were very comfortable (I travel a lot, and this means a lot to me). We had 2 king rooms for 3 people in our group. Though I prefer to self park, the free valet parking worked out alright. We were able to get rooms on the "quiet side" and I had paid a bit more to get rooms on higher floors. There is definitely some traffic noise, but we didn't find it problematic with the door closed. The restaurant had just changed it's menu, and we had a great, (though expensive) meal there our first night. We went back one other night, and while it was good, it wasn't as great of an experience as the first time. The views from there, and the decor are both excellent. There is construction in the area, but it didn't cause us too much trouble, given that we were commuting down Sunset Blvd toward the Ocean. I would stay there again if I had work in that area.

Room Tip: Definitely try to get a room away from the freeway, and as high up as possible to reduce traffic noise.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Dear cds_SanFrancisco

Thank you very much for your positive comments about the hotel and restaurant. I will share your kind words with the entire team as well as our new Executive Chef. At Joie de Vivre Hospitality, we pride ourselves in providing unique hospitality experiences and superior service. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know that we have exceeded your expectations during your visit with us.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

This is one of the best hotels i have stayed in. The room was wonderful the bed was comfy, the bar at the top of the hotel has a great view, you must try there New York steak it is out of this world. the staff were very helpful, they would look up on how we could get to places as we didnot have a car but the bus stop is right outside and we had no trouble getting anywere.

Room Tip: any room is good as the building is like a fifty pence piece, there is a major highway next to it did not find it a problem but may be email them to asked for the other side.
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear happyhlos

Thank you very much for your positive comments about the hotel. There is nothing more satisfying than having one of our guests write, "This is one of the best hotels i have stayed in."

I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. At Joie de Vivre Hospitality, we pride ourselves in providing unique hospitality experiences and superior service. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know that we have exceeded your expectations during your visit with us.

Reviewed November 18, 2011

The management of this hotel wisely has priced the property well below the neighboring hotels because of one major factor: noise. The hotel is attractive and has been well kept up for being more than 40 years old; however, it sits only a few yards from the busiest freeway in California. There is street noise at all times of the day. And, for the next two months, there is additional noise because of freeway construction across the street. The hotel is not in a convenient location for anything other than visiting UCLA, seeing the Getty or visiting friends near by. You must have a car and there are no shops to walk to. I have stayed at the hotel twice before because it is a bargain; but, this last week, will be my last. I couldn't sleep because of the excessive noise. I come to LA a few times a year and will try another place that is not on top of a freeway. On the plus side, the rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly. The hotel breakfast is expensive but tastes good.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs and all the rooms are nice.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Dear FilmDave

Thank you very much for your positive comments about the hotel and our friendly staff. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno.

Many of our guests use our courtesy care, which can bring you three miles in any direction of our hotel, where there are plenty of restaurants and theaters, etc.

At Joie de Vivre Hospitality, we pride ourselves in providing unique hospitality experiences and superior service. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your stay and how we can improve.

Reviewed November 17, 2011

These rooms needs to refurbished and unless UCLA is why you come to LA - find another location, even if the quality of that hotel is simpler than this.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank aroundtheuniverse
HotelAngeleno, Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2011

Dear aroundtheuniverse,

On behalf of all of us at the Hotel Angeleno, I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I wanted to share some exciting news with you: we have just undergone a $66,000 upgrade to our internet service, which has eliminated any connectivity issues. It is complimentary to check emails, and $9.95 to stream videos, etc.

At Joie de Vivre Hospitality we pride ourselves in providing unique hospitality experiences and superior service. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we can improve. It is important to us that we take the feedback given to us by our guests as a tool to improve so that we continue to exceed your expectations.