“A Great Place to Stay - Angeleno Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Angeleno

Ranked #48 of 349 Hotels in Los Angeles
Visalia, California
“A Great Place to Stay - Angeleno Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2007

We recently stayed at the Angeleno Hotel in order to help our son move into his college housing. All the staff members at the Angeleno were helpful, courteous, and very willing to share any information they couold to make our stay as pleasant as possible.

The food from the restaurant was excellent, as was the room service. The facilities were clean and well kept, and our stay was a real treat!

We will be returning to visit our son frequently during the school year, and we will always make the Angeleno our first choice to stay.

Stayed September 2007
3 Thank Mick B
Benjamin_Malmquist, Benjamin Malmquist, Assistant General Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this review, October 8, 2007
Dear Mickb42,

On behalf of all of us at the Hotel Angeleno, I want to thank you for taking the time to complete the customer satisfaction survey. I wanted to follow up with you personally, as you are a most valued client and I appreciated receiving your feedback.

Thank you very much for your positive comments about the hotel. I will share your kind words with the entire team at the Hotel Angeleno. At Joie de Vivre Hospitality, we pride ourselves in providing unique hospitality experiences and superior service. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know that we have exceeded your expectations during your visit with us.

Please feel free to call me directly at 310-481-7817 as I will always be at your service.

310-472-1157 Fax

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
  • Finnish first
Vancouver
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2007

The hotel is in a great location - easy drive to Santa Monica and Beverly Hills, where we had meetings all week. Nicely decorated rooms - although rather small. We only had a shower - no bath tub - not sure if this is the same in all rooms. Front staff was friendly upon check in. Pool area is very nice - although does not get vey much sun in the afternoon.

Problems were the freeway noise - unreal - doesn't matter which side of the hotel your room is on, had to use the A/C to drown it out. The cleaning staff was not very attentive, bathrom not cleaned well daily, had to call down for replacement supplies. Bathrobes were missing. Housekeeping walked into the room unannounced one afternoon which was a bit startling. Number of towels each day was inconsistent - had to dry with a facecloth at one point! Just little details that should really be attended to. Also - disliked the valet parking, (which is mandatory) while the valet staff was generally pleasant, it was very inconvenient to call down every time we needed to leave - phone rang busy, often times had to wait for some time for our vehicle.

Overall - it was an okay experience and I would recommend this as a good place to stay for a night or 2, but we were there a week - and feel that perhaps another hotel would provide a much more comfortable stay, and will be looking to book elsewhere for our week in October.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank Kayelle
Dear Kayelle,

guayaquil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2007

In my first trip to los Angeles, i stay in Angelino´s hotel, i resume my experience in one word Excellent, the room, was just like yo see at the web site, very clean, confortable, the bed was great, the hotel have a little market that is small but have the necessary to grab something to eat, the restaurant was very good too, when i arrive, i surprise becasuse the location is almost between highways, but the kind man who take my suitcase to my room give a tour for the hotel and inform me that they have a complimentary shuttle wherevere i want to 3miles around, and they also can recomend me where to shop and eat at this shuttle, i just have to ak 30 minutes before, and them they sent for me too. The price was ok, $200,00 seens reasonable for a great room and we are only 18minutes of beberly hills and sigthseens, Los angeles, is huge so i thinks this is agreat location, reasonable price, i truly recomend but for singles, couples and buissness.

• Liked — the bed it was great
  • Disliked — the market
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
2 Thank tlucin
Dear tlucin,

Dubai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2007

My stay at the Angeleno was fantastic. The hotel and the amenities were great. The staff was incredible- personal, friendly, professional and courteous. The hotel is located centrally to Westwood, Beverly Hills and Brentwood; making it a great location to be based at for my trip. The rooms were spacious and always clean. The hotel is an amzaing value for the money, and I recommend it without any reservation.

• Liked — staff/ location
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank jbahnan
Benjamin_Malmquist, Benjamin Malmquist, Assitant General Manager at Hotel Angeleno, responded to this review, October 8, 2007
Dear jbahnan,

California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2007

This is a very nice hotel. The rooms are modern. The beds are very comfortable. It's very clean. The staff is friendly and offers exceptional service. Room service is a plus; the food is very good! They have a shuttle service that will take you right into Westwood and pick you up when you are ready to relax at the hotel. Love the location. You will come back; just like I have done.

• Liked — The rooms
  • Disliked — Not within walking distance to shopping
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
Dear 7Diamond,

San Diego, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2007

From the moment we booked the reservation, this hotel proved to be more than just a regular hotel. The reservation agent was extremely warm & friendly as if it were an independant bed & breakfast run by a family not in any rush to get on to the next call. Upon arrival, we were given no hassles about valet parking, the check-in was smooth, the room was clean. The deocr is modern, simple w/ clean lines, warm tones and not cluttered. The amenities were high-end too. The shampoo didn't actually make your hair feel like sticks after using it:) Room service was friendly, the food was cooked to perfection & the quality of the food was superb. I have a hotel background and have also worked as a conference planner for years so, I can be critical & this one was nothing but top-notch. Hope you share my experience.

Stayed August 2007
1 Thank Heatcmp
Dear Heatcmp,

bakersfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2007

Hotel Angeleno far and away exceeded my every expectation. I absolutely love the warm and inviting atmosphere. As a former hotel administrator I tend to pay close attention to detail, especially in how the staff treat their guests. I can honestly say that in all the years of hotel employment or personal hotel visits, I have never encountered a more outgoing group of employees. I literally felt like I was in "their" home. What was even better was the genuine sincerity each staff member displayed. The pool area was occupied with an Emmy function; however as the Banquet staff were breaking down the tables, they invited me in. I didn't want to be in the way but they were so accommodating that they were nice enough to set up a lounge area for me, right in the midst of their busy schedule.
I was impressed not only by the atmosphere downstairs, but also with the restaurant/club West on the upper level. What a "posh" place this is! The staff really seem to enjoy themselves.
My husband and I will definitely be returning soon. Thank you for a great weekend. -Shannon

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends