“Nice stay at Holiday Inn Century City”
Review of Century Park Hotel

Century Park Hotel
Ranked #111 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 26, 2011

We spent 2 nights at this hotel with our young child. We came to visit L.A. and attractions around. We liked the hotel, we had a big room on the 4th floor with a mezzanine, which was very useful having a child with us. It was like having 2 rooms. The room was comfortable, quiet, clean, there was a nice bathroom and 2 televisions. Micro-wave and fridge, free and easy internet access (wi fi) were available. The breakfast buffet was very good and there was a lot of choices.

What we did not like:

- parking costs $10 (including valet service) per day
- the dock to recharge iPod/iPhone was broken, couldn't insert my iPod in it
- breakfast room is very small and vending machines has little choices.

Otherwise, it's a very good place to stay and I would recommend this hotel. You should have a car because you need it if you want to go around,

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NoukyMontreal

Reviewed January 5, 2011

Century City is in a central location, but you need a car to get to anything. There isn't anything to see but the mall. Best thing about the mall is the food court and it's very new and clean. Nothing else in the immediate area. Quiet area. Ralph's Grocery Store across the street. Not alot of hotels in the area and most are expensive because Beverly Hills is close by but not within walking distance. Limited parking. Valet with in and out privileges is $15/night.

Very very basic hotel. Valet is also bellboy, front desk, and runs extra housekeeping items to rooms. Hotel is very very small. Room was not what we expected or had reserved. There is a frig and microwave in every room. We were there over a holiday and the front desk had overbooked and were calling people the day of to cancel their reservations. We asked for extra towels and got 1 towel. The next day we did not have all the towels we should have. We ended up buying our own.

Top floor is all rooms with lofts. There is a padded spiral staircase to the loft area. 2 flatscreens for the loft rooms. Very small bathroom and closets. Breakfast is in Room 201. Pretty good spread. Price even on a non-holiday night isn't great. I would drive an extra 15 minutes or more and stay somewhere better or that's better priced. Would not recommend loft rooms for more than 2 adults or 2 adults and a kid.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank SassyTravelerDC
Reviewed October 4, 2010

I've stayed at this hotel a few times now and I like it because it's simple: the 'Holiday Inn Express' brand promises a clean, comfortable experience and they totally deliver. I stayed on the fourth floor which had huge rooms -- a downstairs area with a couch and desk and TV, and a bed upstairs with another TV. The staff was nice, the room was clean, and I slept well. They also threw in two bottles of water with the room which goes a long way with me (I can't stand hotels over charging for water). If you're looking for a fancy Hollywood-style hotel this isn't it; if you're looking for a clean, comfortable, spacious place to rest up, this spot is perfect.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank sunrock78
Reviewed October 2, 2010

I stayed here in Sept '10 and this hotel was just what I was looking for. Great location (there's a Ralph's right across the street that has a great beer selection), friendly staff (they told me about the beer selection), and the greatest thing was the A/C worked killer in the room. It was like I had my personal little igloo. Another great aspect of this hotel is that it has a loft so the bed is located upstairs with it's own t.v; great for that nagging wife who wants to watch some cooking show while I watch the Bruins play downstairs.

Great hotel, great rates, great staff. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Cheers, mate.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 5, 2010

If you are looking for value in a very good location then look no place else. Thia hotel served breakfast every morning and did it just right. The valet I think was the cheapest in the area too. We had a loft suite which essentially means two suites in 1. This was awesome! it gave us our own private corners to do whatever with. I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants value and location.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank MikeTObaby
Reviewed July 16, 2010

Stayed here for one night in June 2010 while in L.A. This hotel is what it is.....a clean hotel, decent location, and good value. It's not within walking distance of much as it is sort of a residential area, but we drove quite easily to Santa Monica, Malibu, Hollywood, and downtown on weekdays and didn't find traffic and distance to be all that bad. Great free breakfast, and very helpful, caring staff. Only drawbacks are parking is valet and $15 or so and the traffic on Olympic Blvd. was hard to fall asleep to. I had to turn the air on in the room so the fan would drown out the noise from the street. Might want to ask for a room on the side of the hotel away from the street. I do recommend this hotel for the money!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BooTerp02
Reviewed February 26, 2010

I am a travel agent, and I had booked this hotel for some clients of mine that wanted to stay in the area. It all looked good from what I reviewed on this site. I reserved for 4 nights origionally. I had cancelled this hotel well in advance as my clients decided to stay in Anaheim instead. I even received a cancellation number. My clients came back from the trip and had TWO charges from this hotel on their credit card. I called the hotel, spoke to the front desk which were rude to begin with.

I asked to speak with the manager, they transfered me to a general staff answering machine, instead of telling me he's not in his office. It took forever for me to get a hold of the manager as he "had no direct line" to get a hold of ...leaving messages, and finally I insisted on calling back until I got a hold of him directly. He was very rude and wouldn't even listen to anything I had to say before he assumed it was my fault in the cancellation, saying he does not have a cancellation number on file. He also said that the booking was checking in for 2 nights, then checking back in on the check out date for another 2 nights.

Doesn't that seem a bit fishy to you when I only made one reservation? And why would I do that in the first place?! I even got my manager who has been in the travel industry for many years to talk to him. He still denied it, saying it was our fault and would only drop one of the charges out of "good will". The client is better off the deny ANY charges from this place from her credit card company (just a little tip if this happens to any of you...)

Moral of the story...if you book this place, make sure you're staying for the full duration or they might screw you over as well. As a travel agent for a huge, well known company (AAA/CAA), I will never recommend anyone to stay here, unless they like to deal with rude staff who does nothing for you when things go wrong!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family