“Good hotel but needs improvement”
Review of Century Park Hotel

Century Park Hotel
Ranked #100 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Australia
“Good hotel but needs improvement”
Reviewed January 11, 2010

I stayed here during a 2 day stop over in LA. Wouldn't say I had a bad stay, but for the price I was paying I was expecting better. The rooms were very nice and clean and the bed extremely comfortable, but many appliances not working. Wifi wouldn't work so I called the front desk and they made ME call the internet help line myself and when checked out staff tried to charge me for the call. The temperature control on shower did not work so I couldn't shower as the water was nothing but scalding hot. TV did not work, the cable would work for a minute, then either switch off or mute itself. I gave up on bothering with it given I was only there for 2 days.
Room size is decent, not huge, but was more than enough room for a solo traveller. View wasn't very nice, just of a 'Smog Check' sign, some light poles and the road.
Don't stay here if you don't like noise, as this place is on a really busy road and there is constant traffic noise day and night. They supplied tea bags but nothing to boil water with, which seemed kind of pointless. Rooms did have a microwave which I used to heat up water in cups. Rooms also have a bar fridge which came in handy. There is a supermarket across the road which was great for dinner on the first night.
Complimentary breakfast each morning was very nice, they had a broad selection of foods. Would have liked to have seen some more healthier options, but not a major issue.
Location wise, it isn't close to anything. Unless you are familiar with the bus service in the area, you have to taxi everywhere which can be quite expensive. However, I would stay here again if it wasn't as expensive or if I had a room that didn't have as many faults. Otherwise, I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank AmberK82

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Florence, SC
Reviewed November 30, 2009

This hotel was in a great location. The room was clean but nothing special about it at all. You had to pay to park, no one was at the front desk when I wanted to check out. It's not walking distance to anything of importance. You can walk to the mall but it's a long walk. All in all it's an ok place. Nothing great but nothing all that bad either.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Whizey
USA
Reviewed November 17, 2009

My husband and I traveled to the LA area to visit my dad and wanted to stay in a nice area with a comfortable room. We decided on this hotel because of the location and I was not disappointed. The hotel is located a few minutes away from ritzy Beverly Hills and West Hollywood. Perfect for sight-seeing and being close to all of the action. The hotel was small but quaint and very accomodating as well. It is located on a fairly busy road so I would suggest a room not facing the street if you are sensitive to street noises. There was also valet parking which cost $15 a day (required to pay) but that's pretty normal for that area so it wasn't too big of a deal. The FREE continental breakfast ecery morning was great:-) We had a wonderful stay and I would definitely recommend to anyone.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
England
Reviewed September 27, 2009

This Holiday Inn is small but friendly. Free breakfast was good, Room was OK, but had to move from first room as A/C broken. Parking was Valet only as cars had to be parked in front or each other in small parking garage and expensive, but only other option was limited parking outside hotel in street.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
San Diego
Reviewed September 9, 2009

This hotel was the perfect location for us who were on an arts & culture weekend trip in LA. After spending a whole Saturday taking in the sights and sounds of Hollywood and the Getty Center, we were glad to have made a good choice in accommodations.

The room itself was wonderful and served its purpose of providing us with a restful night's sleep. We had two really comfortable queen beds, a big flatscreen TV with cable, a mini fridge, a microwave and a coffeemaker. The a/c was fantastic - it cooled up the room in no time. One of the minor issues I had though was that the bathroom door didn't have a lock and the shower curtain was ripped at the top. Other than that, everything was fine.

Perhaps the best part was having free breakfast in the morning. Biscuits and gravy, bacon and eggs, cinnamon rolls, danish, and other breakfast pastries, cereals, and all beverages were provided. I thought that was enough to start the day right.

I just wish that parking was included, but I guess the $15 valet fee provides some security to the hotel and its guests...Also, prepare for a really small elevator ; )

After checking out, we drove up to Malibu to the beautiful Getty Villa, which was less than a half hour drive away.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed August 16, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights while attending a conference at the far more expensive Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Hotel, a half mile away. It was a pleasant walk to Century City each morning. We left our car in the parking lot at the Holiday Inn ($15/day) during most of our stay! Aside from the noise of busy Olympic Blvd. our stay was great. The room was very comfortable and large. We asked to be off the main street and were accommodated. Breakfasts were part of the price of the room. The scrambled eggs and bacon were very good! The staff was very friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Poodlemom62
Northern California
Reviewed August 13, 2009

Our stay at Holiday Inn was with teenagers looking at colleges and seeing Los Angeles. The hotel was great. Our room had a loft and my girls loved it. It was centrally located and easily accessible for UCLA and The Grove. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family