“Convenient hotel w Very Helpful Staff”
Review of Century Park Hotel

Century Park Hotel
Ranked #99 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston
“Convenient hotel w Very Helpful Staff”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I totally agree with previous reviewers re friendly and helpful staffers! I don't remember the last time I stayed somewhere with such pleasant folks at front desk and parking. It was like we were living in a condo complex vs people passing through for a couple of days. The neighborhood is quiet and you can walk to a mall within 15-20 min. The beds are very comfortable. The breakfast room is pretty crowded as it is quite small but food was replenished often. Would return!

• Stayed July 2013
General M, Manager at Century Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
We couldn't have said it better! Our first time guest's frequently find our hotel and instantly get to know our entire hotel, staff and accommodations like their own home. We strive to provide accommodations that exceed our guest expectations on every visit, every day for every guest. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Queens
Reviewed July 3, 2013

First and foremost, THANK-YOU TROY for being so incredibly helpful! I was in town for business and afterwards, decided to venture out for a couple of days to take in LA. I was in a way overpriced hotel prior so I moved here becase the rates compared to other areas of LA were much more reasonable and I felt very safe in this Century City neighborhood.
Troy scheduled a guided tour for me that picked me up from my hotel, took me to a bunch of great sites and brought me back to my hotel! I had totally forgotten to make arrangements to get to LAX but Troy didnt. He also scheduled a towncar to pick me up and get me to LAX for a flat rate.
The location is a short walking distance (~10 min) to a mall that has a lot of great shopping, a movie theatre and a decent variety of restaurants. Or, you could also take the bus which is just a few minutes ride. Theres also a supermarket across the street which makes picking up necessities super easy. Other than the mall - you may want to have a rental car to get around.
Oh yeah - theres a good breakfast buffet with everything you need for a well balanced start. Troy can recommend anything you need, places to go, things to see, etc. His attentiveness really made this trip go very smooth - especially since I didnt have everything entirely planned out in advance.

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor and didnt hear any sounds from outside at all.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thanks for the review and positive words about Troy at our front desk. We strive to provide accommodations that exceed our guest expectations on every visit, every day for every guest. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts.
San Diego, California
Reviewed July 2, 2013

One of the reasons why I carefully select where I stay during my business trips is how I am treated after a long and stressful day. The staff here is excellent. Rozi at the front desk makes you feel like you the only guest. she is very professional and she goes out of her way to make sure that you enjoy your stay.

Pius W

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, California
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I reserved the king executive non-smoking room and was assigned room 309. It was large and more than met my needs for a three-night business trip. I was also pleasantly surprised by the Priority Rewards bag filled with a trail mix bar, a snack pack of Milano cookies, and 4 different drinks. The only thing that could have made it better was an in-room safe. The safes are located at the front desk and are complimentary. The water pressure from the shower head was too strong and it made the water drain slower than usual, or maybe they just needed to use some Liquid Plumr for maintenance purposes. If you're a light sleeper, be sure to bring ear plugs or the people walking in the hallway and upstairs in the loft room will wake you up easily. My room overlooked the backside (Bellwood Ave) instead of the high traffic W Olympic Blvd so it was a little quieter. The express breakfast consisted of bagels/muffins, cinnamon rolls, a small omelet with American cheese, sausage patties, make-your-own pancakes, bananas, and juice from a machine. I also saw yogurt and milk in a small see-through refrigerator and cereal. There's a TV in the small breakfast room and about 7 small tables. I noticed most people put their food on the provided paper plates and went back to their rooms.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mw808
Thank you so much for your positive feedback about our Holiday Inn Express - Century City Hotel. We work very hard to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed every day, for every guest, every stay. Your feedback makes it all worth it.
Girona, Spain
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is a great hotel for business travelers on a budget. Rozy at the front desk is a helpful person, very professional.
The rooms are well equiped, and the breakfast offered is sufficient to get you started.

The only downside is the poor ventilation and light of the corridors.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank You for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around.
Staunton, Illinois, United States
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My newlywed wife and I stayed at this Holiday Inn Express for 3 nights while we honeymooned all over California. This was a perfect choice since it was relatively in the middle of all the sites we planned to see in LA and in the “Holiday Inn Express tradition“, we got an awesome breakfast every morning before heading out. When we arrived, Rozi first thanked us for being Priority Club members and asked for the occasion of our stay. We replied that we were on our honeymoon and after a few key strokes and clicks of the mouse she said she upgraded us to the presidential suite. The room was amazing! Two floors, two TVs, and a huge window. Upon arriving back from our long days out in the city, Rozi welcomed us back and would politely ask us what we did and we would talk about how much fun we had. The room was clean, the service was pleasant, and the location was very convenient and in a nice neighborhood. Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brandon M
Thanks for the review and positive words about Rozi at our front desk. We work very hard to deliver excellent service that is both warm and relaxed every day, for every guest, every stay. Your feedback makes it all worth it.
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Simply a perfect place to stay. Great location! Clean rooms! Above excellent staff who are warm, friendly as well as helpful. Even better, the whole package at a very reasonable price! Rozi, Troy, and Lorenzo went above and beyond to make mine and others stay trouble free and enjoyable. Karen D Hanks MD

• Stayed March 2013
General M, Manager at Century Park Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2013