“Fine for a few nights”

Quality Inn Near Hollywood Walk of Fame
Ranked #133 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My partner & I stayed here in May 2013 for the first 2 nights of our 4 week holiday to the states. When we arrived, the hotel was undergoing reno's so the outside of the building was very gray and looked nothing like the photos.

The reception area was small and the guy who checked us in said that if we waited around for 30 mins, our room would be ready. Our room was clean and comfortable. There was an extra basin just outside the bathroom door, so that was handy. The pool had lots of leaves in it and needed a good clean. The breakfast was great, had everything you needed. The room is small and the cutlery, plates & cups are all plastic so you can go back to your room or sit at the tables around the pool.

The location is great if you want to explore Hollywood Blvd, this hotel is a 10 min walk from the Walk of Fame. There's a great Thai restaurant not too far from the hotel as well as iHop, Denny's ect.

I would stay here again as it's well priced for the location.

Room Tip: Our room wasn't too far from reception and the breakfast room and on the first floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Near Hollywood Walk of Fame

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We didn't actually stay here. Made a reservation through Orbitz - specifically requesting a non-smoking room. When we arrived, the clerk said there were only smoking rooms. We had to call Orbitz, wait on hold for 30 minutes, at which time Orbitz called the hotel and a non-smoking room "magically" opened up!?!? We cancelled the reservation anyway - not wanting to have anything more to do with that business.

Room Tip: Don't risk it
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Rodney R
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Paid too much for this room as hotel is undergoing renovation. The view outside my room was plastic sheeting and a concrete mixing bucket sitting in the middle of the concrete paint splattered hallway. No carpeting any where. Swam while workers pounded and cemented on rooms in the filthy pool . Could not take a nap with the construction noise. Next morning the boiled egg bowl was empty but there were a lot in the fridg so I had to ask lady for one. She gave me one and hastily hid them In a frig without a glass front so others wouldn't ask as it was ten minutes till closing at 9 am. She wouldn't refill the egg bowl and a guy asked when he saw mine and she wouldn't put them out. It was a pit!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Gray4fam
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Great location ,hotel going through a renovation . Breakfast OK lovely lady who looks after breakfast room and makes your waffles a joy first thing in morning. Had great Italian top of road where walk of fame begins (can,t remember name). Had to get something printed ,receptionist very helpful .

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My stay here was a nightmare and I could not get out of there fast enough. Something insane was going on with people staying right next to my room and I kept on hearing a man shouting crazy things like "[--] YOU!" "GET OFF OF ME OR I'LL KILL YOU!!" and then there's the dead silence for a while and just when you start thinking that things will be fine, you hear him shouting again. This went on and on throughout the night and I got very scared. My friends who each had their own room came over to my room and heard my neighbor shouting as well and suggested me that I should ask for another room. So we went up to the reception and explained what was going on and that I would like a different room. The man at the reception simply refused to give me another room and looked at me as if I am over reacting. He flat out LIED to us that the place is fully booked and there is no room left they could offer. We knew he was lying because we checked the Quality Inn website to see if they still have vacant rooms right before we went to talk with the receptionist. As we kept on insisting him that he should assign me another room, he tells us to wait there for a minute while he goes to check out what's going on. Well, all he did was knocked on the door (which no one did answer) and he just stood there for a minute or two to see if he could hear anyone shouting. And then he comes back to us and told us that nothing seems be wrong. Eventually we gave up and I had to spend the night listening to the occasional crazy shouts while being terrified until it was morning. I have traveled all around the world, visited many countries and have stayed at hundreds of hotels and never had such horrifying experience before...EVER. I have stayed at other Quality Inns before, but I decided to never, ever choose Quality Inn again, because I think they have NO "quality" whatsoever. It's too bad because if it wasn't for the crazy man next to my room and the rude, lying, unhelpful receptionist, my stay there would have been a no-frills-but-an-okay one.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Got this via Priceline so you never know for certain the quality. I'm also used to staying at five star hotels via my job...just the couple nights before I was at the Santa Monica Beach Hotel.
So this could have been a shock...
But...it was perfectly cute and nice. VERY clean. People very nice. Quiet, parking and, again...very clean.
About 4 miles from the heart of Hollywood. The area also was very cute.
Recommend for sure.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank metrecht
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed here for a night while in town for business, thinking that the location/lower quality would be fine for a quick stop. I've stayed at plenty of other Quality Inns that have been nice. I arrived relatively late and when I went up to my room, the door wouldn't open. The top was bent inward and the bottom was completely stuck. I went downstairs and told the management and he had me show him, meaning I once again dragged my luggage up to the second floor. He couldn't get the door to open either. After a few minutes of pushing, he managed to get it open and expected me to stay in it- after being able to open it without even a key. I told him I didn't feel safe in that room, especially as a young female traveling alone. He said all that was available was a first floor room, so I took that. Around 4am, I was woken up by a young woman screaming and banging on a door down the hall. This continued for half an hour. I ended up getting very little sleep. Needs a lot renovation, pretty much just slides by on its location.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business