“Close to sights but there's issues...”

Quality Inn Near Hollywood Walk of Fame
Ranked #125 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
westerly
“Close to sights but there's issues...”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This hotel is a 5 minute walk to the Walk Of Fame, Chinese Theater,Dolby. The free breakfast was very minimal,with just cold cereal,juice,coffee,mini muffins and waffles you make yourself. The maid kept getting confused. Whenever I had a "DO NOt DISTURB" sign on the door she'd knock to clean the room and even used her key to unlock the door. Thank God I had it deadbolted and hinged on other side! Whenever I took the sign OFF for her to clean the room, she DIDNT clean it! Also, the desk clerk got mad at me at check-out time because I called my own taxi to go to the airport and didnt have him call a taxi of his choice. He said "now I won't get a commission" Lastly, scarry detail; 4 men were lighting a bottle outside the hotel side entrance. When I reported the incident to the desk clerk, he said "don't worry about it, the police will handle it".

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank 13crystal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Arabic first
Maitland, Australia
Reviewed September 13, 2012

My family of 5 stayed here for 4 nights and it was great. Close to the metro, buses, and walk of fame. Lots of cheap places to eat and supermarkets too.
Service was fine and the pool a welcome retreat for the kids at the end f a hot day. Great breakie too.
I recommend This place as a no frills value for money for A family.
John M.
Australia.

Room Tip: Chose a room facing he pool.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank John1920
North Yorkshire UK
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Brilliantl location for Hollywood sights! Great breakfast and reasonably priced! thats the good things..the room was cramped and furniture to big for it! It smelt foisty and the top bedding smelt!
Never saw the pool being cleaned once while we were there for 4 days and there wasnt enough sunloungers. The breakfast room was too small for the amount of guests..If you stay here go early for breakfast as you wont get a seat and they tend to run out of stuff..

Room Tip: 5 minute walk to Hollywood Boulevard. be aware of the street beggars.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2012

You can stay here for a few nights and it won't kill you. First, what is good. The accommodation is cheap for LA and the proximity to Graumans and the Hollywood Walk of Fame is great. there is a cold buffet for breakfast of cereals and the like, more variety than I expected. There is secure parking for your car. The rooms are clean. On the negative side, the whole place is tired and mostly broken. This is America as a third world country. Things don't work, and obviously haven't worked for so long the staff have got tired of making excuses. The Internet didn't work. The message light on my phone was continually lit (the manager offered to put something over it so the flashing light wouldn't bother us). Everyone was pleasant, but defeated by the place. It is functional, basic, and broken. Think of the place as material for your next book.

Room Tip: Even the ground floor rooms require getting your suitcases up some steps. The earlier you check in...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Troy, Michigan
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I booked a reservation through hotels.com under my boyfriend's account and paid it with my credit card. When we got there the front desk told us that they can only use the credit card of the person who is the reservation under so my boyfriend paid with his credit card and according to the manager at front desk my card was only used for reservation and I am not going to be charged. Then he told us that our room is not ready but we can leave our laugage and come back later. When we got back the manager was gone and our language was in our room. We get to the room and I notice a bug on the desk and then few more in the bathroom then I notice the bed sheets were never change and the coffee maker was dirty. I was over it and went back to the front desk. The guy who was working just pretended he doesn't fully understand English at first and saying that he can't provide room service because the housekeeper was already gone. We didn't wanted stay any longer because he did NOT offer to clean the room or give us a different room or do something. As soon as I told we're going to check out this guy become fluent in English and starting talking about their refund policies. 2 minutes later he's saying the F word and being really rude and unprofessional. We just walked out and found out later that my boyfriend and i were BOTH charged for the same dirty room with bugs. $400 for a room that we never stayed more than 10 minutes max The manager never called us like he was suppose to and we had to dispute both charges. I would never stay at this hotel not only because of their unclean rooms but also because of their horrible customer service they provide. I travel often for work and vacation and I must say this was the worst customer service experience of my life. If you like a clean room that doesn't smell and like a friendly professional service then this hotel is definitely not something you will be intered in.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sean A

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Erbil, Iraq
Reviewed August 14, 2012

As is said, it is just like McDonald's you always know what will u get, if you have been to other inn hotel, this is quite the same, however the location in this case is great, 2 mins walk from the walk of fame, restaurants, night clubs, plenty of tattoo places around. i liked it in general - good breakfast

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
East Yorkshire
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This place was more like a motel than a hotel , only 2 storeys but no lift get your cases upstairs. However as other travellers have said it was convenient for Hollywood Boulevard and only 1 stop from Universal Studios on the subway.
The breakfast was typicla American fayre with make your own waffles, toast, yoghurts and cereals.The room we had was arge with a comfortable bed. We had a coffee maker and a microwave. There were plenty of food outlets close by.
As a budget hotel we thought it good value for monet

Room Tip: Only 2 storeys so not really a choice. We faced towards the road and inward pool facing rooms may be...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple