We booked our stay here based on trip advisor reviews & are very happy. We stayed for 6 nights & found the hotel to be perfectly situated to the major attractions, just a minute walk to Hollywood Blv & the start of the walk of fame. You can also get a good, clear shot of the Hollywood sign from the shopping centre Hollywood & Highland, which is a few steps away. There are lots of food options around - like Hard Rock, Johnny Rockets, Hooters, McDonalds etc. We pretty much taxi'd everywhere we wanted to go & to get to Warner Bros studio or Universal studios cost less than $20 one way. We also went to the farmers market & that cost around $25. There are cheaper ways but as I was really sick, we didn't want to deal with the hassle of public transport or the hop on/off tours.
We had a family room with 2 double beds, a kitchenette, small dining table, a decent hanging space wardrobe & a large bathroom & toilet. The rooms are clean & tidy. Housekeeping comes every day & are thorough with their service. There aren't any fans to circulate air, so without the a/c on, the room did get a bit stuffy & warm, even with the windows open. We had a bit of trouble with noise from the apartments next door (only on sat night) but not enough to keep us awake all night. The beds are quite firm in our room so it took me a day or so to get used to that.
Breakfast is served from 8 to 10 & we found that to be the most difficult part of the whole stay. 2 types of cereal, bagels or waffles are the only items on offer & then you have to wait to use one of the 3 working toasters. We went down at a few mins before 8am & people were already lined up waiting. It took us over 20 mins to be able to use the toasters so be prepared for that if you are on a timeline for the day.
The staff are really helpful & friendly & willing to help in any way they can.
If we ever come back to LA, we would definitely stay here again. I highly recommend it!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hollywood Celebrity Hotel is a superior tourist class hotel located in the heart of downtown Hollywood, home of the Academy Awards and entertainment industry. We are just minutes to fine dining, shopping and entertainment. The hotel offers a boutique-look with the intimacy of a bed and breakfast inn. Hallways are beautifully decorated with posters of classic films and Hollywood icons. Guest rooms are spacious, home-style furnished, with some equipped with a full kitchen for extended stays. Our professional hotel staff follows suit with excellent service reminiscent of a time long since past. Come experience all of the glamour and class of the era. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hollywood Celebrity Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hollywood Celebrity Los Angeles
- Hotel Hollywood Celebrity
- Celebrity Hollywood Hotel