3,416 results
All reviews free snacks popsicle hotline free laundry service ice cream machine hollywood blvd melrose place one bedroom suite laundry done heated pool full kitchen chinese theatre apartment complex little extras universal studios continental breakfast dining table sofa bed
Selected filters
Reviewed December 30, 2018 via mobile

The hotel needs an upgrade. BUT the facilities are excellent. Free laundry returned folded , free snacks and candy and icy poles delivered to the heated pool, a soda machine with a dozen different drinks and soft serve ice cream. A light breakfast is available. This is all free. It is around the corner from Hollywood Boulevard. The staff are absolutely amazing, so helpful and friendly. There is no lift, you need to climb stairs but I can recommend this hotel 100%. Tell all your friends and family. It was a great hotel for our family of two children .

Reviewed December 28, 2018 via mobile

Our recent stay was categorised by exceptional customer service, from the manager Darren down to every staff we encountered every request received a response far greater than what our highest expectation was. I have never experienced a more customer centric hotel, very different to the service at the other higher star hotels we have stayed in on this trip and others.
The hotel is well located also.
Thanks again.

Reviewed December 25, 2018 via mobile

My husband and two kids came here Christmas Day since we needed a place to stay while visiting Universal Studios. From the time I called in to make a reservation to the night of our stay, our experience was phenomenal. Normally I wait until I check out to write my review, if any. My experience has to be either really good or really terrible. This hotel experience was so good I couldn’t wait for checkout. Everyone is helpful, courteous, and has great customer service.

My husband and I wanted to have a drink after being out all day. Since it was Christmas Day, options were very limited. The guest representative working that evening called places for us and gave us her recommendations. She was so sweet, she went above and beyond to get us what we were looking for. Its so rare to find great customer service these days! They had robes for our family hanging up nicely in the closet. They even brought us slippers and mints at night. This is an excellent place for families and even couples. If you are a group of friends just staying together visiting Hollywood, this is also an excellent choice. We had a king suite that had a full size kitchen and nice living space. I wish we could of had this place longer. Next time we visit from Vegas, this will be our only choice.

Thank you Magic Castle for making us feel so welcome!

Reviewed December 16, 2018

I was working at a venue in Agoura Hills and we had tickets for an 8pm dinner at the magic castle. We also wanted to stay in the Hollywood Blvd area and so decided to "kill two birds...." so to speak and stay at the Magic Castle Hotel. Now, we didn't need tickets to the magic castle. I'm an IBM member so no trouble there. But, this is easily the cheapest way to visit the magic castle if you don't know a member or eligible associate.

So, how is the hotel. First, it's a work in progress. The location WAS an apartment complex sometime i n the distant past. Two floors, it is not yet ADA friendly. If you can't climb stairs, this is not the place for you. But the rooms are generous in size. Our room was 219. contained bathroom, kitchen with gas stove and microwave oven. The Fridge worked fine. But the attention to detail is missing. The sliding door to the balcony has a bit of Home Depot grade strapping as the door handle. It works, but the screen is so old, it's pretty much deteriorated at the door handle. Not really keen on the balcony....it was no problem but seriously, an OCD guest is going to have a bit of trouble. The Bathroom is 'compact' and has a fan/heater that will make toast for you in the AM. in other words... don't use it! The heater is literally a stove grade element!

Ok, now how was the bed? It was GREAT! If was firm, comfortable and the staff replaced the feather pillows with synthetics. We slept well!

Now, where this place really stands out is in the enthusiasm of the staff. They are a young bunch of people on the desk. They provide unlimited and FREE soft drinks from a coke vending machine and for the most of the afternoon/evening, you get soft served ice cream! Snakes (including popcorn for the microwave - bags of chips - granola bars etc, etc... all for the asking!)

Is it clean? yes... is there a pool? yes.... is it located within walking distance of the Hollywood Blvd? Yes!

Would I stay there again? Absolutely! The price is right and the value for dollar spent is hard to beat. Is there a shuttle up the steep hill to the Castle??? YES! Will they come and get you at the end of your evening??? Absolutely!

But, as the name suggests, if you aren't interested in the Magic
Castle.... this might not be the place for you! It's the Magic Castle Hotel, for heavens sake! I didn't catch the guys act, but apparently they have a magician for kids who comes by on a daily basis! I would expect nothing less! ;)

Room tip: ground floors have walk out pool access!
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Douglas G
Reviewed December 4, 2018 via mobile

Great hotel staff and manger so polite and helpful free food snacks soda and ice cream and laundry
Rooms very clean and spacious.
Very close to everything and breakfast is great laundry was washed and dryed and back to.out room foldered great service you won't be disappointed booking the place