3,317 results
All reviews free snacks popsicle hotline free laundry service melrose place ice cream machine hollywood boulevard one bedroom suite full kitchen heated pool chinese theatre universal studios little extras apartment complex continental breakfast dining table sofa bed home away from home
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

After reading tripadvisor reviews I decided to book this hotel. I booked the economy room so it didnt have a balcony and though the room was comfortable and clean I would book a room with a balcony in future.

Our original room wasnt ready when we arrived and they very quickly spotted another of the same category which was ready for us immediately.

The reception staff were very friendly and always helpful whenever we had questions.

Braekfast was basic but plentiful and it was nice to sit on the terrace enjoying breakfast.

The hotel offers free snacks, ice cream and a soda machine so that was a big bonus.

There is a spectacular looking building next door which is home to a private magicians club also called Magic Castle. Being resident of the hotel means you get access to the show but it comes with a cost and also a strict dress code. Due to our stay in LA being short we decided not to go but I would have loved to have gone one night.

The hotel is in a great spot just a 5 min walk from the Walk of fame, Dolby Theatre and the Chinese Theatre.

This hotel was just what we wanted and I would highly recommend that you look no further and book the Magic Castle

Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple
HotelManager, Owner at Magic Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello GTravellerALC,

Thank you for staying with us. I'm so glad you enjoyed the hotel so much.
Yes....the club next door is amazing, it's a piece of Los Angeles history. It's a private club, and our guests can get in, however making a reservation there at the same time as making your room reservation is highly recommended as the club is usually sold out every night. Also......you must book directly with us or with a live travel agent to gain access to the club.
You are correct, there is a strict dress code and you have to be at least 21 years old 7 nights a week. KIDS are welcome on Saturday and Sunday for their amazing brunch, and the dress code is slightly relaxed at those times....it's pretty amazing.

Please come see us again!!! Thank you!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Upon arrival, we were greeted by our friendly front desk clerk, Meghan. She is also who I spoke with last February when making reservations for the two bedroom suite, for an October girls’ trip. Oliver comes from out of nowhere with flutes filled with Italian soda. List given to us of free amenities. Soda, snacks, movies, slippers, aspirin, pool towels, and more. Room had comfy bed, soft linens, HUGE pullout couch - queen wide and comfy according to girls who slept on it. Did I mention free laundry service, yes, magic abounds. Delightful staff. 6:30 a.m. I went to pool, open 24/7, and staff lit gas heater for me to stay warm after swim, while I sipped coffee and read my book. Definitely going back. Darin, the manager, greeted us day two and we chatted about their plans to go even more mid century with property. Very sincere guy. Thanks for the memories!

Stayed: October 2018, traveled with friends

Hi Kelly,

I had so much fun talking with your group and most of all am happy you enjoyed the hotel so much.

I hope you'll make this an annual event:)

Yes...the free amenities are incredibly fun for so many of our guests!!!! Who wants to pay for every little thing at a hotel?? NOT ME...that's why we do it this way. Once you pay for your room.....there just isn't much else to spend money on once you're here....and yes...........we'll even do your laundry at no charge!

Come back soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My crew and I were nothing but pleased by the staff, room, and amenities. Free ice cream, drinks, a Popsicle hotline by the pool, continental breakfast, snacks, candies, etc etc. Our second story suite overlooking the pool had two rooms, kitchenette, dining room, living room and beautiful (heated) pool view balcony with table and 2 chairs. It was spacious and very clean. It was fully updated with tv in the liv. room and one of the bedrooms (maybe both?I dont remember), movies provided (we watched pulp fiction!). MANY COMPLIMENTARY SERVICES AND TREATS were a pleasant surprise (and I'm sure there are things I'm forgetting)! The staff was more than helpful anytime we asked for something, even providing slippers for our group of ten. The pull out couch mattress did not disappoint allowing 6 to sleep in the suite (room/suite 209/210). Location location location! Easy walk to Hollywood Blvd to check out the scene and nightlife. No complaints whatsoever from this hotel. It's an older building with many of the rooms remodeled with wood floors. The place is charming and the staff is at your service. I hear the magic castle experiences next door are not to be missed, so we'll do that next time we stay. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: the suites!
  • Stayed: October 2018, traveled with friends

Hello Navigator677589,

Wahoo! I loved reading your review. I'm so happy that you enjoyed the hotel so much.
I'm glad the staff was helpful and that we made sure all members of your group had slippers!!! I love seeing guests at breakfast in their Magic Castle Hotel robes and slippers.....it lets me know that they're relaxed.

I do hope that you'll come back and see us again soon. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This little hotel adjacent to the Magic Castle is quite the gem among the run of the mill hotels dotting the landscape that is LA. The rooms were impeccable and the staff among the best I’ve encountered anywhere. The lovely pool at the center of the incredibly inviting courtyard is heated and open 24/7. The staff went above and beyond at every turn to make our trip comfortable and memorable. I highly recommend this property for your next weekend jaunt to LA or any extended stay. The suites, are more of a small apartment with all of the amenities one would need for any length stay. Thank you Darren for the hospitality and a truly lovely stay with my girlfriends! We’ll be back!

Stayed: October 2018, traveled with friends

Hi Lori,

Your group was amazing and thank you so much for writing this. I love when guests really "get" our hotel. We're not the fanciest hotel out there and aren't pretending to me, but we really try to stand out by offering unique amenities combined with a high level of service. And obviously because of our enormous rooms, are great for groups of friends...and families.
Our whole staff loved your group. Thank you again.
Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed October 8, 2018

I found this place by Googling something like Magical Places. I'd heard of the Magic Castle, but wasn't aware there was a hotel on the property. Cheers to creative web searching, because OMG. It isn't just that they greet you with a flute of sparkling lemonade at check-in. It isn't even just that they hand you a list of all the free snacks on offer, and tell you that you can get as many as want, and they don't judge. Maybe it isn't even the free soft serve ice cream bar, or the complimentary soda fountain. It's all of it. It's the happy bright yellow that is reminiscent of the 40's...the yellow that compliments the blue pool, and reflects all of that lovely light into the blue sky above you. Its the Popsicle hotline at the pool, where you press a button, and boom, a cheerful Magic Castle staff member appears, bearing a rainbow of flavors to choose from. It's the turn-down service where you get free slippers. And if you happen to have a bag of dirty laundry hanging out in your car, bring it, because they will wash it for you. All of it. For free. Did I mention that if you want coffee, you simply walk down to the desk, and they make you up a tray with a silver pot to take back to your room? Yes, this is also free. Hollywood Boulevard is about a three minute walk away. So when you get tired of all the luxurious indulgence and want to people watch or just take a stroll, you don't have far to go. I hesitate to submit this review because once I do, this place will probably be booked for years. And well, it should be. You won't find amenities like this anywhere else. You really won't. And it's not just all the free stuff. The people who work there will absolutely reaffirm your faith in humanity. It's that good. The music is good. The people are amazing. The rooms are spacious, the beds could not be more comfortable. This place makes me proud to be a native Californian, and especially makes me happy to live in San Diego, so I don't have to get on a plane to go back there soon. This establishment is completely family friendly, but do yourself a favor...grab a few friends, reserve one of the spacious 6-person suites, and just enjoy the hell out of yourself. This place is one in a million. And you don't have to be a millionaire to go.

Stayed: October 2018
1  Thank Heidi H
HotelManager, Owner at Magic Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Heidi H,

Wow...thank you so much. I just read this review to our staff. I really appreciate the time you took to write it, but most of all, I'm just happy that you enjoyed the hotel so much. We love when our guests use the amenities and really get something out of it.

We try to do things differently here and our goal is always to have people leave feeling as though they got a good value, and feel a need to return. For us, it's not about just trying to get people in the door, it's about giving them a great experience while they're here.

Thank you again for this lovely review!! Please come back again very soon.

Sincerely