“Superb staff”

Ranked #2 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Los Angeles
“Superb staff”
Reviewed July 18, 2009

I stayed here for one night. It was my husband's birthday and there was a small cake waiting for us, which was a surprise to both of us. I'd asked for the nicest room they had - they gave us a free upgrade to a suite. They allowed us to check out an hour later for no fee. The room had free wi-fi and there were free snacks in reception all day. The staff bent over backwards to help in any way they could - I would highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank doggermcg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (554)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
UK
Reviewed July 15, 2009

One of the best hotels we stayed in on our drive around California! The hotel is in a great location, just two blocks from Hollywood Boulevard and the staff couldn't have been more helpful.

We arrived mid afternoon, given complimentary glasses of champagne and shown to our room. The room wasn't by any means huge but had a comfy bed, large LCD TV with HD Cable, DVD Player, big wardrobe and a smallish bathroom with tub and shower.

One of the great things about this hotel is a free mini bar, you have to go to reception to get what you want, but it's all free. No alcohol but as many free snacks and drinks as you want. They also have a DVD collection you can pick from for free, another great touch for after a night out.

It was our first time in LA so we asked the staff at reception for somewhere nice to go for dinner, they recommended some great places and drew us a map to get to them.

The breakfast was good too, breads, muffins, cereal, yogurt, juices, teas and very drinkable coffee with syrups.

There's a decent pool with Popsicles handed out and ice cold towels on the hour. Every evening our bed had been turned down when we returned and the weather forecast for the next day left on the bed with some chocolates. There are so many little touches like this that made it a great stay.

A couple of weeks after we arrived back home we received a hand written postcard from one of the staff members who had helped us out so much. It's just a shame we can't return as often as we would have liked!

Minor negatives were the the building is obviously fairly old, some of the fixtures in the bathroom were cracked and access to the parking garage ($10/night) in the basement is tight because of the supports.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank indie1982
Knutsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2009

This is a fantasic hotel.
The location is the best bit, two blocks from Hollywood Boulevard, most hotels around this area are much further away.
The service is brilliant, they couldnt be more helpful and gave us some fantastic recommendations for dinner (go to the Burger resturant at the Hotel Roosevelt- amazing!) You also get unlimted free drinks and snacks at reception which is great!
Breakfast is lovely.
Rooms are great, we had a suite and it was massive, they put chocs on pillows at night and turn the beds down.
Pool area is lovely, shame we had so much sightseeing as we couldnt enjoy it.
All in all, I would say dont hestitate to stay here, one of best hotels on our trip.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank susiehancock
san diego
Reviewed June 24, 2009

This hotel is so unassuming on the outside that it blows your mind once you step inside your room. The service is always impeccable with the staff going out of their way to make sure your stay is everything you hope for when you leave home. The rooms have all the necessary amenities plus more, since you have tons of room to live in-as it is an apartment. The location is wonderful and easy to get to. Kudos to this amazing bit of luxury.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank alilaw
Washington DC
Reviewed June 22, 2009

Arrived to this hotel for a Sunday check in, we got there early, but our room was ready and we were allowed to check in early. The staff is absolutely wonderful, they explained all of the amenities and I was surprised that they do not charge for drinks or snacks at all and you can get anything 24hrs a day. The only thing they do charge for is FIJI water and it's cheaper here then at 7-11. They come around in the morning and give courtesy weather updates, offer great turn down service in the evening, I could really write a book about how great this place is -- and cheap! This is truly a five star place at a 2-3 star price. You are only 2 short blocks from Hollywood Blvd (walk of fame, Kodak theater, etc). On a Tuesday night we didn't have much to do so we asked the front desk about places we could go within walking distance, they gave us a map and labeled all of the places they recommend we check out. I couldn't believe how great this place is, all their rooms have a nice balcony to sit out on, we had a full kitchen, dining area, flat screen tv's just absolutely magnificent. I would love to continue writing more, but I don't have anymore time, if your coming to LA you need to stay here and be pampered. When I come back to LA this is where I will be staying, Thanks Magic Castle Hotel and see you soon!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank ceetown22
NORTHERN VA
Reviewed June 22, 2009

I stayed at the Magic Castle in June. The accommodations were outstanding. From the moment I arrived, with complimentary champagne upon my check-in, to the frozen ice cream they bring to you when you are out at the pool. Every morning you can get a vast array of breakfast foods and drinks complementary of course. The rooms are impeccably clean, well equipped and large. It was like having my own apartment in the Hollywood hills! I met the general manager whose name is Darren. He was very helpful in making sure that I had access to the internet while I stayed there and advised where to go in town to see the sights. I wanted to recommend the Magic Castle and Darren the general manager to anyone who wants to be pampered and tended to while staying in Los Angeles. Not only affordable, but outstanding service! Great place to stay!
MB Wash DC

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank MB2580
Dallas
Reviewed June 16, 2009

For my first vacation to California, my sister chose this place due to the awesome reviews. I was a little hesitant because of all the places to stay, why this one, it looked old, but I have to tell you, I was pleasantly surprised. The stay here was so wonderful, we actually stayed an extra night. The place is immaculate, extremely clean and fully stocked with everything we could ask for. The staff was amazing!!! They went above and beyond. The turn down service was really nice. The free refreshments 24/7 was so convenient. We absolutely love this place and it has made our first visit to California so wonderful. It is located in a great area next to everything! I will be back in a few months and will definitly stay here again!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family