“Absolute winner!!”

Ranked #2 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
Perth, Australia
“Absolute winner!!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This place is a MUST if you are travelling with a family. From the welcoming drink on arrival and the never ending help and service from the front desk team, we couldn't fault it. The rooms are clean and spacious and have all the amenities to enable meals to be cooked (we found eating out in LA got expensive). The beds are extremely comfortable, as is the sofa bed. Daily breakfast comes free and there is plenty to fill up on. The hotel is located very close to some of Hollywoods busiest attractions, Graumans Chinese Theatre, Walk of Fame, Madam Tassauds. Thank you so much to Zee, Jocelyn, Nick and all the team for making our stay so memorable - you are a credit to your business! PS extra thanks to housekeeping for the special trips back to our room with chocolates!!!

Room Tip: We chose a balcony room and even though it faced the street, it wasnt noisy.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (563)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sheffield
Reviewed September 28, 2012

WOW - That is all I can say about Magic Castle and ALL it's staff.
The hotel location is fantastic, 2mins walk to the Walk Of Fame and same to nearest tube stop.
The staff on arrival were very friendly & welcoming, including a welcome glass of fizzy! When we got into our room, we had got a bottle of bubbly, fresh chocolate cake and anniversary card - we were celebrating our 10yr anniversary. We got evening turn down service - (came from Vegas and didn't even get that in the Mirage!) chocs on our pillow and weather info for next day.
We wanted directions for Universal Studios and they gave them to us already pre-printed ready for all guests. Also asked for LA Ink directions and they printed us direct from google.
FREE BREAKFAST - WOW. Anything you could imagine, they have. Cereals, Fresh pastries, Bread/Toast, Porridge, Fresh Fruit, Yoghurt, Fresh juices, Coffee/Tea. You can take back upto your room or sit by the pool in the sunshine. Wonderful.
Free snacks & drinks are an absolute bonus. There is always fresh iced water in the lobby or you can ask for cans of drink/chocolate/snacks.
Staff meeted & greeted you whenever you passed, incl the cleaners and maintainance staff.
i can honestly say that this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at and that the staff are definatley the best hotel staff I have ever encountered.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DollyGill
Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I travelled with my husband, sister and brother in law, staying at the Magic Castle Hotel from the 1st September to the 6th.
We arrived early and thinking we would have to leave the bags and wait for our room to be ready in the afternoon we were pleasantly surprised to be shown to both rooms straight away.
Rooms were spacious, ours overlooked the pool on the ground floor and my sisters on the same floor just a door away, had a balcony overlooking the street.
Housekeeping came daily and rooms were always clean and fresh, I enjoyed the young girl who came around every evening with chocolate and the following days weather report.
Everything that has been said before about the service at this hotel is true, not only are they willing to go the extra mile to help out but you are made to feel comfortable as well.
We found it to be a quiet oasis to unwind after a long day of sightseeing.
I loved the fact we could be ourselves at this hotel, I have stayed at many a hotel where you feel as though you can't touch anything or have to tiptoe around.
My husband asked where he could buy some alcohol, he was blown away by the fact the staff offered to go and buy it for him!
We hired a car for a couple of days, parking here was not a problem, easy to drive into and out of and compared to other hotels on the price of valet parking, this was very reasonable to say the least.
I had read reviews before leaving home on this hotel, most gave the same glowing reports and I agree, you can't go wrong by staying here.
For the reviews that pick on marks on the carpet or chips out of a wall, maybe these travellers shouldn't be leaving home, if that is what makes or breaks your holiday then save longer and stay at a Ritz. But for me the service here has been the best I have had anywhere, and after travelling through Asia where service is key, that takes some beating.
Well done and thank you to all the staff at The Magic Castle Hotel, we really enjoyed our stay and if we were to return to LA, this is exactly where we would come back to.

Room Tip: We enjoyed staying on the ground floor, we didn't have to deal with stairs and walking straight...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank jozzperth
London
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed at the Magic Castle in 2008, and what took me back was the staff, as I have never felt so welcome in a hotel in my life! Since my last visit they have updated the rooms, and they are great, stylish, lots of space to work, and lots of space to play. The beds are super comfortable too. Once again I was blown away by the service and the extra magical touches to make you feel special and valued. You get lemonade on arrival, and as many free snacks as you want from a ong list of items available...where else would you get that? The complementary breakfast was lovely too, fresh and tasty. This hotel is a real find and I will be going back and recommending it to everyone!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Oceanport, New Jersey
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I recently spent two weeks touring California with my 16-year-old grandson. The whole trip, from San Francisco to Yosemite, then down the coast to LA was wonderful. I'm so glad that we spent our last five days at the Magic Castle Hotel. I have difficulty walking long distances, but it was only a couple of blocks from the hotel to Hollywood Blvd., Graumen's Chinese Theater, and all of the other attractions of Hollywood. The people at the desk were welcoming and friendy. They were always willing to help us with any need, from endless free snacks and drinks, to free laundry detergent, to assistance in making reservations for a tour with pick-up at the hotel, to printing out our airline boarding passes for the trip home. My grandson loved the pool, and we both loved our balcony, overlooking the pool. Our "room" was really an apartment, and my grandson and I enjoyed each having our own bedroom. I had a bedroom with a small TV, which gave me privacy that I hadn't had on the previous nine days of our trip. He had the sofa bed in the living room with the large-screen TV which had just been installed the day we arrived. So when we weren't out and about, we each had a place to relax on our own, which we both appreciated. The bathroom and shower were very attractive and comfortable, with lovely cosmetic amenities. The highlight of our trip was Sunday brunch at the Magic Castle, where my grandson met and spoke with another person attending the brunch, who happens to be one of my grandson's favorite TV actors, Jason Segel. We were only able to attend this brunch because we were guests at the Magic Castle Hotel. This is a great place to stay, whether you are a couple, a family, or traveling alone. You'll be happy that you chose the Magic Castle Hotel!

Room Tip: Our room was on the top floor. We loved the balcony overlooking the pool and never found it noisy...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank cranelady
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The magic castle hotel was absolutely wonderful. I can't fault anything and always felt welcome. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Also getting to have dinner at the magic castle topped it off, not to be missed

• Stayed September 2012
london
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We've just completed an epic tour from one side of the US to the other and the Magic Castle tops our list of hotels. The service is fantastic. There was a mix up with our check in and the manager was so mortified we were offered a free night's stay instantaneously! We had guests come and visit and they were given free parking and we all got a ride up the hill to the amazing japanese restaurant, and back again when we were finished. The staff here are no identikit people who've been on a customer service course. They are their own people and seem geuninely happy to have us around. The rooms are very spacious - we had a suite. This isn't a place to stay if you want 5-star facilities but it doesn't set out to be. Absolutely lives up to its promise.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family