“Good for the price.”

Ranked #227 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
San Diego, California
“Good for the price.”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Very good location for a Hollywood tourist. The room was very clean, large and had a fridge, table with chairs, nice desk, mirror and chest of drawers. Their TV and cable was very good. I did have to see the office peeps a couple times about the Wi-Fi, but they were always pleasant and accommodating. I could hear my neighbors through the wall but it was only a problem one night out of four. The parking area was small, well lite but always had a space open for me. The hallways often smelled of garlic or curry being prepared. The owners and their extended family appear to live on the first floor. I enjoyed my stay. Don't care about the negative reviews, I plan to stay there again on my next trip. More room for me.

Room Tip: Avoid the front, the street is busy/noisy.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Trex66664

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Located at the Sunset Blvd, close to the Hollywood Blvd. Big and clean room, comfortable bed, excellent shower with good hot water. Sink is not inside the bathroom and it's small but it was not a problem for me and my boyfriend. No elevator if you get a room on the second floor... you need to carry your luggage. No breakfast. Make a reservation in advance, otherwise you'll pay $40 more (walk in).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gilopes
Lower Hutt, New Zealand
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Although it looks clean it had a funny smell throughout the hotel!?
Room was ok and reasonably roomy.
Shops next door and across were very convenient.
Some restaurants around but I wouldn't walk to far from the hotel.
Parking was a pain if you came in later in afternoon or evening! ...there isn't enough spaces so you park behind other cars and either get woken when you need to move your car or you leave car keys with staff to move it for you!??

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank acioffi
hollywoodstarsinnla, Webmaster at Hollywood Stars Inn, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hollywood Stars Inn for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you find our room Clean.

• Management was informed about the comment related to the parking and instructed to increase the parking space or manage the parking.

• Maintenance was informed of the funny smell you reported throughout the hotel and instructed to see to its elimination.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Hollywood Stars Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed here for 6 nights and were satisfied.

The room was very spacious. It had a lot of room to put our stuff away, I usually have issues where tu put all my clothes and other necessities but here the room had a desk with a bench, a table with two chairs, a big shelf and a nightstand on each side of the bed. The room and bathroom were both clean and the towels were changed every day. The room actually looks better than the pictures on the hotels website. We also liked the fact that it had a fridge.
The receptionist was friendly and helpful.

We also liked the location of the hotel, it was across the street of a supermarket, that was opened from 6 a.m. - 2 a.m. and where we went every morning to get some breakfast.

The downsides:
- the Wi-fi is a bit slower than we are used to but it works a bit faster in the mornings;
- the parking lot can get a bit crowded, since it's not a really big one but we always managed to get a free parking space

All in all, we were satisfied with our stay and would go there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank fabesa
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I love this hotel ! Nice ppl and friendly and helpful always ready to help. I really didn't see them much cuz I was gone all day..lol, but it was quite at nite and in the day time.
I will be staying again at this place ,I told the manager this ... I'm booking ahead of time.. thinking bout L.A. in the fall !

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank linda0328
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nights and had never been to Hollywood before so we didn't know the exact location of this place but it said on their website that it was right next to the Chinese theatre, unfortunatally that's not true, it's about 20 minutes in a taxi or an hour walk. The rooms were big enough for the two of us, pretty standard bar fridge, TV, air con. The bed was ok, except for the discusting blanket on it which made us itchy so we didn't use it. The towels were thin but were changed daily. The free breakfast is tea and coffee making facilities and some light pastries at the reception area, not a sit down meal just something quick to grab on your way out. They have a free car park which is hard to get into because of the narrow drive way and there is about 6 car spots. We had free wifi but the card kept expiring so we had to get a new password almost every day. Our room keys didn't work most of the time so we had to get them replaced almost twice a day but there's always someone at the front desk so that was fine. The front and back door is open 24/7 so anyone off the street can walk in at any time, that might
explain the bullet proof glass at reception. There's a soft drink and ice machine which only accepts $5 bills. Overall we were not looking for 5 star because of our budget and you get what you pay for so I can't say too much more. We won't stay here again, it's worth while spending a little extra and staying closer to Hollywood strip and somewhere with more security. (No safe in room)

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Sammy R
hollywoodstarsinnla, Webmaster at Hollywood Stars Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hollywood Stars Inn during your recent visit to our area.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• Management was approached about not letting the correct direction and time to reach the hotel from the Chinese theatre. Make the changes on the website accordingly.

• The maintenance staff was instructed to see to it that there were proper locks on the doors to all the rooms with working room keys.

• The management was instructed to look into the matter of the wi fi card which keeps on getting expiry and Blanket to be replace.

• I am glad that you find our Hotel rooms spacious and clean with all the necessary amenities. Housekeeping and maintenance staff received our commendation.

I hope that the next time you are in our area you will once again choose to stay at the Hollywood Stars Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed May 5, 2013

It had been my first time in the LA borough, the savoir-faire was an eyeful as well as noteworthy.

The good
It's an affordable expense, if you estimate ahead like I schemed, if your single. The room is orderly and leeway with a compartment of space, it's also has a fridge in case you diside to go grocery shopping.

The bad
It's in the west part of the strip, the area is befoul and there's a lot of shady, creepy as well as bizarre community.
If you yearn to be in the action, go to the east part of the strip, on Expedia where I booked my room, said there was complementary breakfast, I didn't see any, poor advertisement on there part. The fridge had food from the last guest who stayed there.
If you take a cab, it's an hour from here and back to LAX, the fair is around 80 buck's with tip.

Overall
You can't challenge the expense of the roadhouse, you should book as a decisive option.

Room Tip: Rooms in the east side are better aroung the strip.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Thatdudehector
hollywoodstarsinnla, Webmaster at Hollywood Stars Inn, responded to this review, May 25, 2013

Thank you for choosing Hollywood Star Inn for your recent stay in our area
We regret that your experience was less than satisfactory.

Housekeeping staff received extra training concerning their responsibilities in carrying out their duties in cleaning and properly maintaining the rooms of our valued guests.

Management was instructed to see to the removal of the continental breakfast on it’s advertisements.

We are thankful for mentioning all the positive sides which you observed during your stay.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay Hollywood Star Inn . I think you will be greatly pleased.