“STAY AWAY - the WORST place I've EVER stayed in!!!!”

Hollywood Stars Inn
Ranked #234 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed December 4, 2011

TRUST ME! DO NOT STAY HERE!! It was the biggest dive I've ever been too and was full of very suspicious characters. I was really scared and actually cried when I made it out of there alive.

• Stayed: January 2011
4  Thank LittleSnuffy
hollywoodstarsinnla, Webmaster at Hollywood Stars Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hollywood Stars Inn for your recent stay in our area. I am so sorry that your stay was not the pleasant experience to which you had looked forward.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the owner, manager and security staff were approached with your concerns.

We take our reviews very seriously. I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Hollywood Stars Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed November 8, 2011

My husband and I have stayed in this hotel on 3 seperate occasions and we love it! The location is good,near to all of the hollywood attractions with a walgreens next door and macdonalds over the road. The carpark is quite small but we have never had any problems finding a space. The staff are really friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean and huge for the price. Would always stay here when visiting the area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank missymoo85
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Our bed sheet only covered top half of the mattress. No ventilation so everyone someone takes a shower, the whole place gets really humid. Lock didn't work properly. Also, breakfast was just packaged danish bread with coffee (small Styrofoam cups). Wireless was unstable. Too sketchy. Never going back.

On our 2nd night we were awaken by the police sirens from the plaza across.

At least the guy at the front was nice.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
hollywoodstarsinnla, Webmaster at Hollywood Stars Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hollywood Stars Inn for your recent stay in our area.

• Housekeeping was instructed in properly making up a bed with the right size sheets.

• Maintenance was informed that the lock on the room assigned to you did not work and instructed to see to its repair.

• Breakfast staff received extra instruction in presenting a proper breakfast.

• Management was informed that the internet connection did not work properly.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

I guess it's never a great sign when you arrive to find your hotel room door propped open and all the windows in the room open too.
However it was New Years Eve and we were having to get what we were given.

The hotel staff and service were great and the location is perfect but the smell in the room was unbearable.
After a while we thought it had gone and so shut the windows and got ready to go out.
When we returned after our night out we almost gagged when we unlocked the door - it smelt very strongly of cat pee.

Perhaps we were unlucky with the room but I wouldn't take the risk of staying here again.

Room Tip: Don't take the room on the first floor facing the road.
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank emmathewanderer
hollywoodstarsinnla, Webmaster at Hollywood Stars Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hollywood Stars Inn for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you found our hotel staff and service to be great, we take great pride in them, justifiably so, I feel. I am glad that the location was a good one for you.

• Our staff members were informed of the nice remark you made about them and received our commendation.

• Maintenance was informed of the odor of cat urine reported in the room assigned to your use and instructed to look into the matter and see to its elimination.

Reviewed August 28, 2010

We arrived here in the middle of the night and I have to say it was pretty scary at night. However, we realized in the morning that it was not in as bad a location as we thought, however we did have a 7 minute walk or so to the metro which we needed to catch in order to get annywhere pretty much. The room was not impressive. It was big, and we were put in a smoking room despite having asked for non-smoking. It smelled awfully of cigarettes and the bed was full of burn marks and holes and the sink and toilet in the bathroom also had burn marks. The next day we were moved into a non-smoking room which was a lot better. It didn't smell so bad and didn't have burn marks everywhere. However, I still didn't feel completely secure in this hotel. The staff, however, were really friendly and helpful and were always giving us directions. They even helped us figure out how to get to Anaheim. It was a family-run business and they allowed us to leave our bags in their room after we checked out so that we could continue exploring LA. Overall, i think if you're on a budget, this isn't an awful place to stay as long as you insist you get a non-smoking room if you are a non-smoker. It is difficult to find somewhere affordable that is closer to the sites and the metro is pretty easy to navigate.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
hollywoodstarsinnla, Webmaster at Hollywood Stars Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hollywood Stars Inn for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly. I would have expected nothing less, but it is always nice to hear.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

1) The staff was notified about the nice things you said about them.

2) Management staff received additional training in registering our valued guests for smoking or non smoking rooms.

Reviewed May 16, 2010

Myself and my fiancee stayed here in the middle of April. Could not have asked for better service. We arrived pretty late, about 12am. Our room was still available, we checked in with no bother and had an amazing nights sleep. Room was huge, king size double bed, 2 bedside tables and 2 dressers. Huge bathroom, outstanding shower and bath combo. We booked a bus tour of LA the next day through the owners and instead of letting us walk, the owner gave us a ride to where the pickup point was.

We were initially supposed to fly out around 11pm the following night; instead of carrying our bags round all day, we were allowed to leave them in the owner's living area. This was a great help. To cut a long story short, our tickets had been cancelled. After a quick phone call, we arrived back at 2am. No issues at all; shown back to our room and told we could stay as long as we needed to until our flight was sorted. Owners gave us directions on how to go and pick up our re-issued tickets.

Really cannot recommend this hotel enough. Had the owners not been so accommodating, friendly and helpful, we would have been in serious difficulties. Enjoyed our stay here immensely and would not hesitate to book again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2010

Read bad reviews but was won over by the free parking. Most hotels in Hollywood have parking but you have to pay and it’s not on the premises. Entrance to parking lot was very narrow (only 1 car could barely get through) and there were only like 8 spots for the whole hotel. Check in was fast and easy. The room was very large and the internet (free) was fast. Room was very dim yet it had so many light switches scattered in the large room. The counters were very low and I had to keep going on my knees to look in the mirrors (I’m 5’8 which is not that tall). My window had a lovely view of a wall a few inches from the building. The bathroom seemed new and clean but the water temperature was not stable. The TV reception was bad and NBC was completely out during the Olympics! Staff didn’t have a solution for it. Luckily I had my DVR at home running or else I would have demanded my money back. Around 10:30pm a “lady” was banging at a door demanding her “things” from someone who refused to open the door. Staff tried to calm her down but she kept hitting the door and shouting crude things. By the looks of her she was a hooker. Staff called security/police to get her out but it took a long time before they were called. Staff also sunk to the woman’s level by saying profanities which was very unprofessional. The room was very dark which was nice when trying to sleep. In the morning, the parking situation was horrible. People parked in places that were not spots and they blocked me, my boyfriend and others from moving their cars. My boyfriend and I are locals and we had to go to work that morning. Staff was too busy addressing complaining guests to help out with getting our cars out. After 15 mins of careful maneuvering I got my car out and had to lend my car to my boyfriend so he could get to work on time after dropping me off. We had to race back to the hotel to get his car during our lunch (staff was nice enough to allow his car not to be towed during this time). We had a good time on this memorable Valentine’s Day night despite the hotel. We would not stay again ever.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hollywood Stars Inn for your recent leisure holiday.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following step was taken:

• Staff members received additional training in maintaining their professionalism in dealing with unpleasant occurrences. They were helped to think of other ways of dealing with them then lowering themselves to profanity.

I hope that the next time you decide to take a leisure holiday, you will once again choose to stay at Hollywood Stars Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.